windows 10 creator version

has anyone upgraded to the new windows 10 version yet ?  if so what is it like  ? is it  better to upgrade to that version?

I did a bit of reading on wat features r in it, I noticed they have added a gaming feature .    so instead of using a 3rd party like  iobit game booster or razor cortex  to turn off  services u don't use during  games ,   u can now  do that with the new version of windows ,     just hope it does make a difference , as I  play games on my laptop    and I'm struggling with fps at the moment , I noticed a  increase of 10 fps using razor  , but I think if windows have got it as a feature there might be a better incease  than razor , as I chcked that razor uses a lot of cpu resource to  disable services .

so in all is it worth updating?

My short opinion about "is it worth updating" is pretty much always going to be; "YES!"

Sometimes it's worth waiting a while, for them to iron out the bugs - but when I did the update some time ago now - I haven't encountered any issues.

Haven't really paid attention to the new "Game Mode"-thing, I would read up more on it, since it sounds different than the 3rd party stuff.

ill update tonight ,  in my thinking if wndows 10 has introduced a game mode , I'm sure it will be better than the 3rd party programs as   these programs basically force close services wheras I think the windows system closes them down properly . have to wait and see really.

ive just read a lot more details about it , its not  a performance  based game boost lol , so basically almost  pointless with people wiwho have top end gaming pcs ,

for me it looks like it will work  as they tested it on a machine with i5  and  hd 5500 card which is same as mine but with an i3 , they said they seen an increase on fps ,   but there is no options to configure yerself  and that's a bad point , because I bet with  the game boost it wont turn off the   background transfer stuff that Microsoft want info on everything u do on their systems

Edited by bubs79

yeh   ive read a lot of things about Microsoft using services in background so they know excactly wat people do on their systems . a complete breach of yer own privacy .   

one thing I cant get rid off I the windows defender shield in task bar , for love of me I cant remember how to get into the settings lol

21 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

They aren't doing anything you aren't already informed about, or able to turn off... it's just people exaggerating and blowing it up :)

And the Windows Defender icon is easy to get rid of :)

https://www.howtogeek.com/264796/how-to-remove-the-windows-defender-icon-from-your-notification-area/

I mistook  that the shield meant that windows defender is on as  my antivrus but looking deeper I found it saying that I have another   antivrus  running instead of the windows defender real time. that's wat got me a bit puzzled as we know windows defender can cause problems with the modpack