Contour icons not showing up in-game

As the title says, I can't seem to get contour icons working. In particular I'd like to use Witblitz' Neon colors. I had the same problem with Torque's before they got removed in favor of Witblitz's. I've been having this problem since roughly 9.17, still having it now with the latest version (9.19.0.05). I've tried with and without XVM, it simply loads WG's default icons. I'll attach logs as per instruction.

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

• Administrator

Cannot reproduce this problem using your logs. Installed same mods, icons are fine, so it's something local. Try to re-install the modpack with option to clean up DLC folder.

Show me picture from the game how icons looking for you.

I did as you asked, still no change. I also tried the new (#02) version. Here are screenshots of what it looks like (I blurred out the other player's names just in case).

Spoiler

pOXTCID.jpgDjFATDu.jpg

I will attempt to completely uninstall World of Tanks, delete all related files, start over with a fresh download and install and attempt again with my "_Aslains_Installer_Options.inf" and I will give you my report once that's done. Thank you for your patience in trying to help me, by the way :)

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

Update: I did a complete clean re-install of World of Tanks. I'm having the same issue. Some mods work, but contour icons do not. I'll attach the logs and the installer.inf for you to take a look at, in case I for some reason missed some vital hidden-away option or something. In case it helps, I'm using the SD client, not HD.

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

_Aslains_Installer_Options.inf

• Administrator

Again, loaded the very same mods like you and I can see contour icons.

In logs I see you have a version folder not renamed to game version, this is probably your issue. Why? I don't know, but something interrupted the installation, check your antivirs etc.

Well, I've figured out the problem. Now I just have to figure out the solution. I was watching my folder as the installer did it's thing and I saw VersionToNumber.bat pop up. Decided to open it up in notepad and add in the pause command so I could see what it had to say, and this is what I got. For some reason, xcopy is failing to see the "version" folder even though it's in the same folder as the batch file. I've had this problem in the past and I cannot for the life of me remember how to fix it, and I'm having trouble wording the issue to search it. Here's a screenshot of the issue, perhaps you'll know? Until then, I'm going to keep looking. I'll update if I figure it out.

Spoiler

66esjfN.png

Side-note, it will work if you change the paths to %~dp0\version and %~dp0\0.9.19.0.1 as "%~dp0" tells it that the path is the batch file's current path, however this is a workaround for the problem my particular machine is experiencing. I don't know if it's because it's Windows 10 or not, but I've never gotten relative paths to work without the %~dp0 heading. It may be a safer bet for you to change the batch file to avoid dealing with this in the future, however I am unsure if it will cause other issues. I am going to continue to look into the root of the problem on my end.

Spoiler

This is the code that worked for me. I consider it a workaround, and not a permanent solution to my actual problem (which is in no way your fault, it's entirely on my end. I just want to find the solution so that it might help you help others who have the same problem in the future.)

echo d |xcopy %~dp0\version %~dp0\0.9.19.0.1 /i /s /e /y
rmdir  %~dp0\version /S /Q

Edited by Eibhleann
found workaround, still searching for solution
  • Upvote 1

I tried that, it just opens and closes so fast I can't even read the results. I tried adding pause, it ignores it. I tried making it export everything into a .txt file so I could read it, nothing. Tried making it export into my clipboard, nothing. Tried running it as admin, no luck. Tried pause>nul, tried Call, tried exit /b, nothing works to let me read it. Either way, it didn't copy over the contents and "version" folder still exists. The code I sent before seems to work without any issues though.

Sure thing, I posted a thread over on /r/techsupport about my problem, maybe they can help us shed some light on the weirdness going on with my system. If you're interested the link is here.

Edited by Eibhleann
formatting, typo

Heads up. I ran and installed your new version that incorporated the new batch code, and it only worked once I ran the batch as admin. Dunno what's up with that or if that's something you can make it do, I'm not super well versed in using batch. Thought I'd let you know though.

I haven't gone out of my way to change anything. I installed Windows 10 and have left most of my settings pretty much untouched. Maybe I just have a wonky install, who knows. Honestly, don't worry about it. If the old way worked for everybody else, I can deal with manually copying the files over. I appreciate you going through all this trouble to fix the problem though.

11 hours ago, stussy said:

i was having the same issue earlier.  i manually copied the contents of the witblitz zip in the DLC directory to the res_mods directory and now it seems to be ok.

Yeah. As I said before, I don't think there's any real solution, since our systems seem to be unique in that they can't process the batch command properly. Are you running Windows 10 Home per chance?