Installer never quits. Leaves 2 exe and 1 process running forever.

Whenever I install the modpack the installer exe files never terminate. This happened a long time ago and then a new modpack fixed it.  Both exe files point to the same process which looks like a temp file.  If I end the Setup.exe with the X icon using task manager they all go away.  This problem reoccurred at least 8-10 versions ago.

Process.PNG

Apps.PNG

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

can u post up the full  screenshot of the  task manager ??  there maybe  something in their that makes it hog the process ,   do u have windows defender running a?? as  this  does a background scan on the pc when installing the installer  and can   take along time for installer to finish 

1 hour ago, 98whiteMC said:

I've waited from 5 minutes to overnight.  Makes no difference.  The post of the Applications tab of Task Manager is the entire list.  My PC is just idling....

yes but there is a lot of windows stuff going on that  shud show like this  

if so  whilst running installer  look for antimalware  exucatable ,   (msmpeng.exe ) if that is running  it will eat the cpu to 100%  and it blocks the installer , this is controlled by windows defender , it  falsely treats aslains   installer as malware and  yer pc goes into a full scan of system,    if u have windows defender  turn it off   

setup.thumb.png.ddd77ef7934bd6b97e4d5dd48d93fe99.png

added 0 minutes later
Just now, bubs79 said:

yes but there is a lot of windows stuff going on that  shud show like this  

if so  whilst running installer  look for antimalware  exucatable ,   (msmpeng.exe ) if that is running  it will eat the cpu to 100%  and it blocks the installer , this is controlled by windows defender , it  falsely treats aslains   installer as malware and  yer pc goes into a full scan of system,    if u have windows defender  turn it off    or add the nstaller to the exclusion list 

setup.thumb.png.ddd77ef7934bd6b97e4d5dd48d93fe99.png