crash to desktop

this been happening   for a few  modpacks ,     

I crash to desktop  soon as  leave the loading page to enter battle  , soon as  battle timer starts. it doesn't happen every time  its usually  after about 15 -20 battles

not greatly important  but  starting to get a bit annoying

heres my log anyway   

my python log is  quite cluttered  ill clean python log and  play until it happens again  and when it happens ill post the new python log as  the last actions on python log will be clearer

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

1 hour ago, Aslain said:

I've checked your logs, but not sure why you crashing sometimes. 

this is strange the bottom line  , this just after it crashed . 

this is error I'm getting 

2017-06-09 18:18:21.526: NOTICE: [NOTE] (scripts/client/MemoryCriticalController.py, 109): The free memory is too low, We can't do anything. Please, reboot the game.

what does that mean ? I have 8 gig ram 

python.log

3 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

Too many things running in the background?

Memory leak in a program you have running?

Not rebooting frequently enough?

I only ever run the game on its own . only thing really is the ram cleaner  from iobit advanced system care .   hmmm theres a thought I wonder if ive selected something that cleans the ram when  high ram usage , that may cause as it emotys the ram from the program , and that may cause the crash , ill try investigate it

my laptop gets shut off  everyday .  ive never had this problem before until this latest big patch

ive searched and  some say it cud be graphics memory but I'm sure ive got enough to run the game at the settings that I use heres the text from my dxdialog

Display Devices
---------------
          Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500
       Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
          Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
           DAC type: Internal
        Device Type: Full Device
         Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1616&SUBSYS_2293103C&REV_09
      Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
Device Problem Code: No Problem
Driver Problem Code: Unknown
     Display Memory: 4185 MB
   Dedicated Memory: 128 MB
      Shared Memory: 4057 MB
       Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (40Hz)
       Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
      Monitor Model: unknown
         Monitor Id: LGD046A
        Native Mode: 1366 x 768(p) (60.005Hz)
        Output Type: Internal
        Driver Name: igdumdim64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igd12umd64.dll
Driver File Version: 20.19.0015.4624 (English)
     Driver Version: 20.19.15.4624
        DDI Version: 12

Edited by bubs79

Hm - that Intel HD Graphics 5500 is being a real dumbass it looks like.

If I'm not mistaken, that thing uses your normal memory, since it says it only has 128 MB dedicated... the 4057 MB shared is your RAM being used for the graphics. Excessive for it to be sharing that much, for that resolution... o_O

Though I don't fully understand how that whole shared memory thing works.

I wonder if it's possible to limit the amount of memory being "shared".

8 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

Hm - that Intel HD Graphics 5500 is being a real dumbass it looks like.

If I'm not mistaken, that thing uses your normal memory, since it says it only has 128 MB dedicated... the 4057 MB shared is your RAM being used for the graphics. Excessive for it to be sharing that much, for that resolution... o_O

Though I don't fully understand how that whole shared memory thing works.

I wonder if it's possible to limit the amount of memory being "shared".

yeh m not sure how it works I'm not computer savvy .  

wonder if there is anyone on here that knows abit about it and gives me a bit of info on it

I think its because  its a laptop that it uses   the  ram  aswell   , so example if I had only 4 gig ram installed id have to set my grpahics ingame to  very low  , so my understanding  the more ram on the system the better the graphics card works  

Edited by bubs79

hmm weird I just ran  my intel driver update utility , I only recently updated  the driver   , from 8/3/2107 ,  but now theres another available dated 30/3/2017 . pretty strange to bring out another driver so quickly , wonder if its  a bug fix or something ,    ill  instal the new one and see how it goes.

I may aswell clear game cache aswell  just to try things out

Edited by bubs79

ugh  I stupid update utility  I went to device manager clicked properties on graphics card  driver  it needs updated , it downloads and installs , I look into the properties of new driver and its from 2015 lol , erm yeh ok np , roll back time lol

well ive  been crashing quite a lot recently , but I don't understand it , before I was playing on higher graphics settings  without this memory crash ,     its only  been happening on this latest patch  0.9.19 and ive lowered my graphics settings ,  ive tried everything, but I think ill try a reinstall of the game  to see if it fixes it

@aslain     @quaksen

little update , ive just played around 50 battles in safe mode  and the game hasnt crashed , in safe mode my fps is  much better .   so I do believe that something ( mod)  is  causing  my  game to crash. which mod that is causing it I am not sure and it will take a hell of a long time  to narrow it down . its defo something in the mudpack that is causing my graphics to have a memory leak that's all I can put it down to.  I can still play with modpack no problem I just have to   try and source  what one is causing it .  or just restart game  every so many battles .

I can leave the game running in the garage  with no problem its just  going into battles that causes it .  

31 minutes ago, Aslain said:

I saw one of latest XVM commits, where they fixed "crashing" so I would say try without XVM for now.

ah that's good to know , hopefully when they fix whatever was wrong  fixes my issue  . just have to wait and see

• 3 weeks later...

@aslain  little update I'm still experiencing crashes , I been looking through python log  see if any mods give errors , I also noticed someone say battle observer , I removed that  today  and  after some battles same issue , so its not battle observer , only error in my logs  is radial menu , ive just removed that  just waiting for installer to finish.  only thing I can think off is maybe my crosshair  , I did change over to the 2dzoom one  ,   ill see how I get on with this change just now.

one thing I did notice though that after  crsh to desktop   when I go back into game   battle assistant isn't working  , but I removed that  and tried also  and still crashed , also battle assistant isn't active in normal tanks also 

Edited by bubs79
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't have any of those mods you listed installed and I crash occasionally still.  I use non-xvm auto equip, crew return, session stats, gold and free xp lockers, garage tile tank stats, with no  luck removing a few of them, one at a time, so far.  Runs great vanilla and I have plenty of resources: i7 4790K 4.4ghz, 16G ram, Strix 970

17 hours ago, JohnnyHou said:

I don't have any of those mods you listed installed and I crash occasionally still.  I use non-xvm auto equip, crew return, session stats, gold and free xp lockers, garage tile tank stats, with no  luck removing a few of them, one at a time, so far.  Runs great vanilla and I have plenty of resources: i7 4790K 4.4ghz, 16G ram, Strix 970

what in game graphics settings r u using ?  standard or improved