WOT Crash on start

Hi,

Since 9.19 update I tried 6 different versions from you'r modpack, but I am getting the same error with all of them (latest I tried was today Aslains_WoT_Modpack_Installer_v.9.19.0.2_01).

My game is crashing on start, before reaching the login screen at the initial loading. The game is working fine without any mods installed. I tried to disable a couple of mods but haven't found any working combination. I was also trying to go through quickly on a few logs but haven't found any error conflict or such messages.

I am using you'r modpack for years I hope this error will go away or you can suggest a working mod combo.

Thanks.

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

• Administrator

You have no errors in python indeed. I loaded same mods like you and nothing is crashing, it's most likely your PC doing it to you.

Perform typical check on antivirus, firewalls, permissions, update drivers etc. Sometimes applications with overlay can crash you too.

I was trying to disable addons one by one until I managed to find the one causing the crashes, as info for others who might face the same issue it was this mod:

Hitlog settings --> version #1 (detailed header + normal numbers). Once I took that out I tried installing 6 different setups and all worked fine without crash.

Didn't do anything with antivirus, firewalls, permissions, drivers.

HitlogModCrash.PNG

Edited by Argon
  • Administrator
11 hours ago, Argon said:

I was trying to disable addons one by one until I managed to find the one causing the crashes, as info for others who might face the same issue it was this mod:

Hitlog settings --> version #1 (detailed header + normal numbers). Once I took that out I tried installing 6 different setups and all worked fine without crash.

Didn't do anything with antivirus, firewalls, permissions, drivers.

HitlogModCrash.PNG

This hitlog is part of XVM so you basicaly blaming XVM for crashing.

Argon, I had the same problem and fixed it by deselecting all of the mods in the modpack, then adding back just xvm and saving it, and then, adding back mostly everything else and saving it again. I still haven't added back Battle Observer and Yasen Krasen yet because they have in the past caused issues but I suspect the problem is this...one or more mods from prior versions aren't completely uninstalling and are incompatible with this patch, so you have to deselect them all and save the file, and then re-select them and save again.

Its possible that selecting Delete the Cache when installing will achieve the same thing. Aslain, you might also want to check how your code cleans up existing selections when there's a new micropatch.

Edited by Raptango