Download links for Mod Pack disabled

I downloaded the Aslain's WoT ModPack v9.19.0.2 #02 yesterday and noticed the link for "download link #4 [direct]" was crossed out so, I used #3 direct. Today, I go back to see if there was a new DL (there was. #03) and I noticed that the DL links for #1, #3 and #4 were crossed out. So, DL'd from the #2 link. 3 minutes to download as compared to a less than a minute on #4 when I used the [direct] link. I NEVER use the "download link #*" because it sends me to Adfly and it takes FOREVER to download the new releases. I used a torrent twice in the past, got infected and never used a torrent file, knowingly, again. Are the disabled download links ever coming back?

Aslain.jpg

15 minutes ago, Aslain said:

Striked out links are not working, that's why are striked out. They will be back once they start to work.

Hats off! Thank you. :)

added 1 minute later

Oh, and I never said I was infected by your site, I said I was infected when I used a torrent download. It was from another site entirely. Sorry for the mis-understanding.

1 minute ago, Bavarianbaker said:

I just got infected too. Kinda pissed. It was download #2. What's the plan? Why the infections??? I love this mudpack, but getting infected kinda blows chunks. Let me know what's the xchedual for clearing this up.

Thanks

Use direct links, if you cannot manage to get proper internet security software / clicking the correct obvious button to skip on the normal download link.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Bavarianbaker said:

I just got infected too. Kinda pissed. It was download #2. What's the plan? Why the infections??? I love this mudpack, but getting infected kinda blows chunks. Let me know what's the xchedual for clearing this up.

Thanks

You cannot get infected easily, without you manualy helping it, by clicking on wrong stuff. As long as you click Skip Ad, you are safe, by clicking on any download buttons down bellow will only lead you to problems like that.

added 1 minute later
20 minutes ago, Tunka_Elk said:

Hats off! Thank you. :)

added 1 minute later

Oh, and I never said I was infected by your site, I said I was infected when I used a torrent download. It was from another site entirely. Sorry for the mis-understanding.

Ok cool :) Basicaly something is wrong with servers that are hosting the modpack, they sometimes cannot receive my new file, and in that case I must strike out the link to inform the people by this that it's not working properly.

You're right, I wasn't actually infected. But the initation, so to speak, was there. And that's not good either. I just shut the program down in Task Manager. It's sort of a silly thing claiming that you've been infected; so call this number, etc., etc. But definitely not what I want to see, and keeps the download I want from initiating.

If you can fix it from your side I'll definitely download your content. Yours is the best per my style of play. Whatever you can do to get me updated with your mudpack I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Bavarianbaker

9 minutes ago, Bavarianbaker said:

If you can fix it from your side I'll definitely download your content.

The fix is also a case of your side. Since you could be using adblock/internet security - or just use the direct link, which bypasses it, but doesn't support Aslain.

Aslain already spoke to the guys handling the ad-redirection, but they keep saying everything is fine on their end. (Even though it's their site displaying stuff..)

ok, so I took your advice Quaksen and clicked on the (Direct) link to the right. It all worked perfect from there.

But I still wonder why when I downloaded from the #1,2,3,or 4 links I got a very noisy announcement that I'd been infected from someone claiming to be Microsoft. The screen was blocked, and there was a telephone number posted. The only way out was to stop my search engine from the Task Manager. That all happened twice.

However, as I mentioned above, using the (Direct) link to the right it all went clean and quick.

In my ignorance of internet computing I didn't realize the two were separate. But now, with your help, I'm no longer as ignorant- so, thank you

I hop my information was clear.

Bavarianbaker

P.S.- Just a note: (i.e. btw)

When I did click on the numbered links, and it sent me to the ad sight, right after the "skip" ad button counted down from the number 5, the "run" button appeared at the bottom of my screen for approximately 1/2 second. Then it was gone... (sorry for the run on sentence.

Nonetheless, thanks for the info. It got me back on Aslain's mudpack. I'll have to send y'all some support. Give me 'til Thursday

Edited by Bavarianbaker
clarification

I've seen similar pages being noisy and claiming various things. The only button that should ever be touched on the ad link, is the Skip one in the top right corner.

Those pages will probably still appear in the future - since the ad company refuses to acknowledge the problem. :(

Don't worry about the links - for some reason many seems to never notice the direct one, maybe they think it's a note about the first one..