Accelerated crew training dud?

After some time of not noticing a real difference with accelerating crew training, I found myself trying to grind BIA on an Achilles radio operator (the radio operator is introduced in tier 6 in this line hence the BIA grind) after eliting the tank and checking accelerate crew training I expected to be done in no time especially when I activated 100% exp boosters which would now mean my radio operator get X3 crew XP every game. Yet it seemed to be taking me forever to grind so I finally actually checked I came up with this:

acceler 1.PNG

accelr2.PNG

added 2 minutes later

I left the most recent battle window opened in background so you can clearly see I received 2114 experience + 1057 crew xp so I should be getting 3172 crew xp on my radioman but nope I got only about 825?????. Whats going on here, has someone already brought attention to this?

OK I figured out a little it seems that I only get XP/5 for each of my crew. I'm pretty sure it wasn't always like that ill recheck wiki It makes a tank with 2 crew as effective a crew trainer as tank with 6 crew. But still very strange is that accelerated crew training now only doubles(or triples in my case with the xp booster activated) XP/5 for a result of 2XP/5 this makes no sense isn't the whole idea of accelerated crew training to use that xp for your crew not only 20% of it.

Perhaps game was always like this and I somehow never noticed.

Roughly going by your statement, your crewmember got around 4125-4228 xp.

Remember there's a 5x multipler on free xp to crew xp (unless event with 10x)

And 825 difference in the free xp requirement, would match that quite well.

Spending 825 free xp on the crew member, would have given him what you gained in the battle.

Another edit:

And remember crew xp is quite exponential in growth.

Primary training is 105k xp

First skill is 210k xp

Second skill is 420k xp

Third is 840k xp

And so forth.. doubling with every skill.

Fun fact, the time it takes you to get first + second skill to 100%, is the same time you'll spend for this....:

"You will need roughly 611,195 exp from 99% to 100% of Seventh skill"

That makes much more sense A 5x multiplier. I was thinking my tank has 5 crew so XP/5 that didn't make sense.

I thought 5X was only during a special and standard was 1X hence my mistake I'm pretty sure 5x used to be called a special but perhaps its a "standard" special.

Thank You Quaksen Nice to see you as official moderator and not just a moderator in all but name...

Edited by central

I'm fairly sure that the default free xp to crew xp is 5x - but I'd have to check to make sure :)

Though going by this:

"You will need roughly 84,072 exp from 80% to 95% of First skill"
It seems about right. Since your screenshot is saying 16734 xp x 5 = 83670

So all should be good with your crew xp :)

And thank you :D Though usually it's Aslain that catches it first, when things needs to be moderated :)

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, onmehedson said:

Looks  like your grinding concealment on your radio operator to me ..... not brothers in arms ??

Many people grind a skill like repair or camo, and once at 100%, switch to a skill that requires 100% to work, such as Brothers in Arms.

• 3 months later...

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 12:07 PM, Quaksen said:

Many people grind a skill like repair or camo, and once at 100%, switch to a skill that requires 100% to work, such as Brothers in Arms.

That was indeed my intention here. Though on almost all LT and TD and many MT I would prefer concealment to BIA any day.

Edited by central