instal failed Aslain's WoT ModPack v9.19.0.2 #13

this bug is coming again in Aslain's WoT ModPack v9.19.0.2 #14 ....

why aslain not fix this bug?? i cant reinstal aslain mod pack just like before #13 .... ?? :(

NB: there is temporary solution;

1. remove manual all aslain mod pack,

2. restart pc,

3. then, remove manual for that 2 fail files....

4. and then, reinstal aslain.... 

5. after reinstal, cek in game garrage and battle....

6. if something error happen in game battle and garage, repeat process from no 1, again....

wtf.....!? help me... plz.... :(

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

Edited by arniGX

I don't have any problems at all installing the modpack.  I think if it were a problem with the modpack itself, then most people, or probably all people, would be having the same problem.  As it is, only a very select few are having problems.

Therefore, I still believe that it is a local issue concerning file/file folder permissions on the computer involved.  Maybe some of the real computer nerds will see this thread and help out....I am only a pretend computer nerd.

4 hours ago, Darth_Clicker said:

I don't have any problems at all installing the modpack.  I think if it were a problem with the modpack itself, then most people, or probably all people, would be having the same problem.  As it is, only a very select few are having problems.

Therefore, I still believe that it is a local issue concerning file/file folder permissions on the computer involved.  Maybe some of the real computer nerds will see this thread and help out....I am only a pretend computer nerd.

before modpack #13, all installing aslain modpack is normal (working perfect)...... but, after #13, this problem is just show up from ..... i dont know.... :(

Edited by arniGX
  • Administrator

This is usually sign of crazy antivir and similar applications, the modpack binary code changes with each version, so new version my trigger unwanted behaviour from your localy installed applications, and it ends up with problems.

22 minutes ago, Aslain said:

This is usually sign of crazy antivir and similar applications, the modpack binary code changes with each version, so new version my trigger unwanted behaviour from your localy installed applications, and it ends up with problems.

I knew a real computer nerd would step in....now I can stop pretending and get back to clicking.  :devil:

1 hour ago, Aslain said:

so, there is no solution at all to fix that bug?? :( 

(edit 17July 01) I finally figured out how to give permissions. All permissions need to be set up on the MAIN drive (C:/). HOWEVER, as the computer was setting the permissions, it stopped on....you guessed it, "sed.exe" and "patch.exe" and REFUSED to give me permission for JUST THOSE TWO FILES. This leads me to believe it is NOT a "local" problem but, a problem WITH THOSE TWO FILES. I re-installed #12 and yes, it hung on those files yet again. I "ignored" them ("not recommended" by Aslain) as it was the ONLY way for the mod pack to finish installation. Other than this problem, the mod pack is wonderful. BUT, I DO resent that you are recommending installing files on MY computer that I, as the computer owner, cannot delete.

(OP 17June 30) I've got the very same problem. Before #13 all was well. Now, it's FUBAR. I can't even uninstall World of Tanks because of those two files. This is the second time Aslain has f*cked up my computer. Here's what you requested to report a bug:

Aslain error 2.png

Aslain error.png

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

Edited by Tunka_Elk
New information on "permissions"
7 hours ago, Tunka_Elk said:

(edit 17July 01) I finally figured out how to give permissions. All permissions need to be set up on the MAIN drive (C:/). HOWEVER, as the computer was setting the permissions, it stopped on....you guessed it, "sed.exe" and "patch.exe" and REFUSED to give me permission for JUST THOSE TWO FILES. This leads me to believe it is NOT a "local" problem but, a problem WITH THOSE TWO FILES. I re-installed #12 and yes, it hung on those files yet again. I "ignored" them ("not recommended" by Aslain) as it was the ONLY way for the mod pack to finish installation. Other than this problem, the mod pack is wonderful. BUT, I DO resent that you are recommending installing files on MY computer that I, as the computer owner, cannot delete.

(OP 17June 30) I've got the very same problem. Before #13 all was well. Now, it's FUBAR. I can't even uninstall World of Tanks because of those two files. This is the second time Aslain has f*cked up my computer. Here's what you requested to report a bug:

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

1. u must restart your pc

2. after that, u can remove manually those 2 fail files from aslain mod pack

aslain blamed this bug on our pc, because he dont know what to do to fix that problems.... :(

Edited by arniGX

After granting permissions and rebooting, I can now see a difference in the file icon for "patch.exe" but, "sed.exe" icon didn't change. What DID happen was I could finally change the compatibility setting in the properties for "sed.exe" to "Run as Administrator". I ran the Aslain uninstaller program, manually deleted the leftover folder and closed the game file. I went to my download folder, right clicked the #14 exe file and changed that compatibility to "Run as Admin". Here is a screenshot of what the updated icon for "patch.exe" looks like now, as well as the tiny Admin shield displayed on the "sed.exe" file.

I have shutdown my anti-virus, run CCleaner, deleted all entries in the registry and I am going to install the mod pack #14 now. Updates will be posted soon.

Aslain xvm.jpg

Edited by Tunka_Elk