Problems installing the mod pack? Admin permission error?

This is how I fixed the "permission" error for the "sed.exe" and "patch.exe" files during installation of the mod pack. :excl::excl:DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS IF YOU ARE UNSURE ABOUT EDITING USER PERMISSIONS!! :excl::excl:The possibility exists that you could LOCK YOURSELF COMPLETELY OUT OF THE COMPUTER!!! Call your preferred nerd to help!! 

After you download the mod pack, go to your download file (or where-ever you send your downloaded files) right click the mod pack .exe file, select "Properties" click "Compatibility" tab, check the "Run as Administrator" box then "Apply". Run the installer as you normally would. (I use the "Run" command).

If you still get the "permission" error, open your OS Explorer, right click your main drive (or the drive where the game files are located), right click the drive letter (C:/ for most people) select the "Security" tab. Once that's open, make sure all the "Users" in the window are "Allowed" by clicking (highlighting) each one and look in the lower window, if not, click the "Edit" button and select each User in the TOP window, check "Full Access" in the LOWER window, click "Apply", select the next User, check "Full Access", until every User has full access. MAKE SURE YOU SELECT "APPLY" after modifying EACH USER. Once you've completed that, shut down the computer, wait ten seconds, boot up and try installing the mod pack again.

:excl:I am NOT responsible for any damage! IF YOU ARE UNSURE ABOUT EDITING PERMISSIONS, CALL SOMEONE WHO CAN DO IT FOR YOU!!:excl:

Edited by Tunka_Elk
Edit title