Aslains_WoT_Modpack_Installer_v.9.19.1_04b - install error

Howdy,

Had this same problem after Aslains_WoT_Modpack_Installer_v.9.19.0.2_14.

Aslains_WoT_Modpack_Installer_v.9.19.1_01 worked perfectly.

Today I try to install Aslains_WoT_Modpack_Installer_v.9.19.1_04b and I am having trouble again.

Here is a screenshot prior to install
QryADxY.jpg

Here is a screen shot of the error I receive during the install of Aslains_WoT_Modpack_Installer_v.9.19.1_04b

21rTijp.jpg

Also please find attached the Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip file.

Thanks in Advance for your assistance.

I try to perform the install as administrator.

Sincerely,

GatlinGun

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

the folder is read only and I cannot change that.

I have (I am pretty sure I do) Aslains as an exception in my AVG and Malwarebytes.

I stopped both, ran the install and it has installed.  I know there is a statement about virus protection causing errors, but I have had the same software and been using Aslain's  for years and only recently had a problem.  Guess the Virus software has a new patch that didn't like everything in Aslain's new patch.

Thanks for the help

On 14/07/2017 at 11:43 PM, Quaksen said:

The folder is read only?! That would be why then.

9 hours ago, starking said:

I'm getting the same error. I cannot modify that folder. I can't change permissions despite being admin

The same folder is "read only" on my Windows 10 machine, and I can change the permissions of that folder.  And the installer runs perfectly for me and installs everything despite the folder being "read only".  So, the problem must be elsewhere.  Check the thread linked below.  Maybe the information there will help you.  This problem happens with a very, very small percentage of modpack users from time to time.  It is often Windows User Account Control (UAC) which is trying to protect your pc even though it doesnt need protecting at the moment.

• Downvote 1