Another "boost" mod, Tank Trajectory By Pavel3333

Hello Aslain!

Noticed that you added the "pathfinder" mod to your modpack. There is another one of those (making it the third mod of this kind, after "navigator" and "pathfinder"). Here's the website (russian): https://4cheat.ru/showthread.php?p=1148598#post1148598

This one adds the ability to record your own paths, which is great because not all paths are good for all tanks.

Maybe you could add all of them to the modpack and let the user pick one.

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Tank trajectory has even more routes than pathfinder and they are visible on the minimap (toggle=key 'p'). But what I like the most is the ability to record your own paths, which could be useful for other purposes than just boosting (team positions etc.)

• 4 weeks later...
On 18/07/2017 at 2:56 PM, zzarac said:

Hello Aslain!

Noticed that you added the "pathfinder" mod to your modpack. There is another one of those (making it the third mod of this kind, after "navigator" and "pathfinder"). Here's the website (russian): https://4cheat.ru/showthread.php?p=1148598#post1148598

This one adds the ability to record your own paths, which is great because not all paths are good for all tanks.

Maybe you could add all of them to the modpack and let the user pick one.

Thanks.

problem with the russian site so many of the mods there are deemed suspicious.

On 11/08/2017 at 6:16 PM, Capt_Reginald_Black said:

problem with the russian site so many of the mods there are deemed suspicious.

When you say 'suspicious', do you mean it as 'potentially illegal' or as 'flawed security-wise'? The former should be out of the question, as per Wargaming fair-play policy, and the latter is always the issue with non-open sourced software. I mean, most of the mods we use are Russian-created and non-open sourced, so what would be the difference here?

The former isn't really out of the question, as the site you link to, is hosting pretty much every single mod that isn't allowed out there - while also hosting a lot of mods that are just fine.

And many other mod websites out there, not just for World of Tanks, but other games, are probably suspicious in the fact they have weird download hosting, with tricky clicks and what not.

• Upvote 1
50 minutes ago, zzarac said:

When you say 'suspicious', do you mean it as 'potentially illegal' or as 'flawed security-wise'? The former should be out of the question, as per Wargaming fair-play policy, and the latter is always the issue with non-open sourced software. I mean, most of the mods we use are Russian-created and non-open sourced, so what would be the difference here?

ive visited the site myself looking at mods and often get the red window warning screen.  I stick with what aslain has as im not going to risk my account with random mods.

Most legitimate modders want to have thir mods in places like aslains.  This site in my opinion is a site is a plac e full of many illegal mods and suspisously routed download links.

On 8/16/2017 at 2:38 PM, Quaksen said:

The former isn't really out of the question, as the site you link to, is hosting pretty much every single mod that isn't allowed out there - while also hosting a lot of mods that are just fine.

And many other mod websites out there, not just for World of Tanks, but other games, are probably suspicious in the fact they have weird download hosting, with tricky clicks and what not.

Well, Wargaming fair play policy is quite straight forward in explaining what kind of mods are forbidden. There is no "gray area" with this mod - it is completely legal, no doubt. That site hosts mostly ALL mods - legal or not, so the fact a mod is there doesn't say anything about its legitimacy. It could be forbidden, or it could be legal.

Tricky clicks and other security issues, on the other hand, are a real threat and that is why I really like Aslain's pack and don't use any others.

Well, never mind. As we were discussing it, Aslain added the mod to his modpack :)

• Upvote 1
35 minutes ago, zzarac said:

Well, Wargaming fair play policy is quite straight forward in explaining what kind of mods are forbidden. There is no "gray area" with this mod - it is completely legal, no doubt. That site hosts mostly ALL mods - legal or not, so the fact a mod is there doesn't say anything about its legitimacy. It could be forbidden, or it could be legal.

Tricky clicks and other security issues, on the other hand, are a real threat and that is why I really like Aslain's pack and don't use any others.

Well, never mind. As we were discussing it, Aslain added the mod to his modpack :)

Yeah, I love the Fair Play Policy, and how it is straight forward, and same rules for all servers - instead of different rules for different servers :)

• Upvote 1
On 17/08/2017 at 10:50 PM, Quaksen said:

Yeah, I love the Fair Play Policy, and how it is straight forward, and same rules for all servers - instead of different rules for different servers :)

Can't tell if you're being serious or sarcastic. Anyways, Wargaming has amended their Fair Play Policy about half a year ago and the rules are the same for all servers.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, zzarac said:

Can't tell if you're being serious or sarcastic. Anyways, Wargaming has amended their Fair Play Policy about half a year ago and the rules are the same for all servers.

Cheers.

Why would I be sarcastic?

Don't you like the fact that all servers have the same rules..... instead of one server allowing a mod, and another having it banned? That shit was confusing as hell for modpack makers like Aslain. :) And confusing for users as well, trying to figure out which mod was allowed where.

(I was saying FPP was same rules for all servers..... and I was saying that BEFORE FPP, there was different rules on different servers.)

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, zzarac said:

Cheers.

1 hour ago, Quaksen said:

Why would I be sarcastic?

Don't you like the fact that all servers have the same rules..... instead of one server allowing a mod, and another having it banned? That shit was confusing as hell for modpack makers like Aslain. :) And confusing for users as well, trying to figure out which mod was allowed where.

(I was saying FPP was same rules for all servers..... and I was saying that BEFORE FPP, there was different rules on different servers.)

I think there is some confusion.  When you read it at first on its own it can sound sarcastic but knowing @Quaksen  he was being serious.  Also Zzarac was just highlighting the obvious and yes its better that all servers are the same rules.  there can be oh no i thought i was on xx server i wont do it again etc.  this way you use dodgy mods and get caught bye bye time.  Well put in your responce too @Quaksen saves people drawing the wrong conclussion from small part of a bigger statment.  Totaly with you on it.  Hope that clarified things for you @zzarac

On 8/17/2017 at 10:50 PM, Quaksen said:

I don't see the sarcasm at all in that post?

I'm saying I love the FPP.

I'm saying it's straight forward, same rules for all servers.

Instead of what it used to be, before FPP, with different rules for different servers.

Oh well, lol.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Quaksen said:

I don't see the sarcasm at all in that post?

I'm saying I love the FPP.

I'm saying it's straight forward, same rules for all servers.

Instead of what it used to be, before FPP, with different rules for different servers.

Oh well, lol.

if tyou read jsut one comment it can come across as sarcastic, but if a person takes the tuime to read it properly it makes sence.  When i first read it i thought you were being sarcastic until I reread the sentence again.  SO know where he is coming from.

Oh come on people.... First of all, @Quaksen, why would you even mention the times before the FPP? This mod is brand new, came out long after the new FPP was announced and enforced. So, according to the amended FPP, this mod is obviously legal on all Wargaming servers. I wasn't sure if you were serious because you mentioned the word 'straightforward' after my comment as if it were not a fact (or it just seemed that way to me). Just read it again and you might notice it kind-of sounds like mocking. I am really sorry if I crossed some line here.

Well, never mind now. The mod made it to the modpack and that was my only intention here.

Polite discussion on the net is nice too.

Cheers fellows, have some nice games.

1 minute ago, zzarac said:

First of all, @Quaksen, why would you even mention the times before the FPP?

Because I replied to you mentioning the FPP. I simply added a personal opinion on it. Shrugs. I obviously mentioned the "straight forward", because you also did, and I agree with it.

We were discussing a suspicious website and the FPP. Not this mod in particular. We went kinda off topic when the whole suspicious website part was mentioned, hehe.

Ah well :P

(I re-read it as I posted it, and after, and I still do not see how it could be even slightly seen as being sarcastic. I see a post saying I love the FPP, and agreeing with you.)

Anyways, game on. :D

LOL, 'a storm in a glass of water'. I mentioned FPP because you said suspicious mods come from that particular website. While that is true it is a non-issue because now we have a universal FPP in place, and by that virtue, it is 'out of the question' (my original point). It could come from a dark web for all we care, and we can quite easily check whether it is legal or not. Now, security-wise it is a whole other ballpark.

Nice chatting with you guys. See you on the battlefield. Over and out.

23 minutes ago, zzarac said:

Oh come on people.... First of all, @Quaksen, why would you even mention the times before the FPP? This mod is brand new, came out long after the new FPP was announced and enforced. So, according to the amended FPP, this mod is obviously legal on all Wargaming servers. I wasn't sure if you were serious because you mentioned the word 'straightforward' after my comment as if it were not a fact (or it just seemed that way to me). Just read it again and you might notice it kind-of sounds like mocking. I am really sorry if I crossed some line here.

Well, never mind now. The mod made it to the modpack and that was my only intention here.

Polite discussion on the net is nice too.

Cheers fellows, have some nice games.

i just did a search on the mod site in question and found 3 mods all for ther latest version of the game ALL illegal. FPP or not aslain check all mods legality before he adds them.  if a mod is called into qyuestion at a later date then its removed untill its decided.  FPP or not people visit these sites becasue they host less than legal or grey area MODS.  FPP discusion aside about if people were being sarcastic or not its simple really.  If its deemed a good mod Aslain will add it.  If its deemed bad aslain wont.  Go forth play with new mod now its added and enjoy.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

there is one mod that ive not heard about for a while and that is the master ambush mod , it was in the mudpack   , but aslain removed as no one was sure if it was legit or not , ive not seen any posts about the master ambush mod  so   Its hard to say if its legit or not

• Administrator
4 hours ago, bubs79 said:

there is one mod that ive not heard about for a while and that is the master ambush mod , it was in the mudpack   , but aslain removed as no one was sure if it was legit or not , ive not seen any posts about the master ambush mod  so   Its hard to say if its legit or not

I removed it on WG request.

Well yes, 'master ambush' does give an unfair advantage so I am not at all surprised that it is illegal. However, there is nothing about path mods that trigger FPP even in the slightest.

With that said I really hope WG will patch the maps to disable boosting because it is ruining the random matches. Recently I played a Sacred valley match and 6 (six) of the tanks on my team went boosting. Needless to say, we lost pathetically, but 4 of the boosters stayed alive after the enemy capped our base and were rewarded more experience points than those who fought properly.

2 minutes ago, zzarac said:

Well yes, 'master ambush' does give an unfair advantage so I am not at all surprised that it is illegal. However, there is nothing about path mods that trigger FPP even in the slightest.

With that said I really hope WG will patch the maps to disable boosting because it is ruining the random matches. Recently I played a Sacred valley match and 6 (six) of the tanks on my team went boosting. Needless to say, we lost pathetically, but 4 of the boosters stayed alive after the enemy capped our base and were rewarded more experience points than those who fought properly.

Master Ambush is actually the first mod that WG isn't fully decided upon it seems... they requested that Aslain removed it - but it's on the FPP FAQ list, as "Not forbidden for now, but may change in the future" - same as the direction indicator pointing towards one tank, and the mod that displays others equipment on tanks. So I'm guessing that it's likely to change soon, and that's why WG didn't want Aslain having it around - if they changed their mind soon. :)

And yeah. I do hope they fix some of the climbing spots.. some of them aren't really intended, but made possible by all the changes they've done lately, new tanks and what not. (New lights climb better than previously, for example)

21 hours ago, zzarac said:

I enjoy the  hill climbs in team training     , I almost know every route now .  but  there is some that do give an advantage point  on the battle  if used correctly .  example on some maps a td like the scorpion  e25  can get to a hill that has trees and bushes can give that player an advantage to win the battle  that's if its used  correctly ,

but I get where u r coming from that people in battle r just doing the climbs for no  advantage .   if I don't make the climb in 1st attempt then I'm straight into the battle  , if I make the climb in 1st attempt then    I can  be    a massive bonus in the fight .   

in my opinion it has added a wee bit more fun into the battle that's if it is used properly and not just for the sake of boosting

18 hours ago, Capt_Reginald_Black said:

all this is MUTE to point path mod is added, move along now nothing to see here.

Any mod that is unsure off is not in aslains so that aslians mod pack remains absolutly legal mods only.

yeh I know they r only legit  mods  in alains , I was just querying that master ambush mod  as ive not heard anything about for a while  wether it is forbidden or not  just that it was undecided yet

2 hours ago, Capt_Reginald_Black said:

personally wish war gaming would fix the spots as find it rather anoying to be honest.  yes ive done it myself for shit and giggles but iritating watching people try to get to them dying and loosing matches

totally understand that point  where guys just continue to try climb  and end up getting killed , that's wat I hate hence y I said   If u make it frst time unspotted then u r on a winner but  continuing trying ill never do  cos doing that wud mean a man down  or end up getting killed.

that's y I spent a lot of time in team traing learning the routes  so when I'm in battle I can get up the spots with ease so I'm not    giving our team a disadvantage .

ive had battles where guys have said wat r u doing  , I'm like  u will see , and end up killing  a few tanks and we end up winning.    a lot of the routes r pointless as they give no advantage but the ones that r good and r very usefull during battle  

yes but still wish wargaming would tweak the maps to remove the points.  it can set one side with a unfair tactical advantage as other tanks spot the tanks so you can shoot but no tanks near you so you dont get lit up

Its like a mod built int the game lol.  

personally think people using them should get a ban for unfair gameplay but thats just me (and others too)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1