weird crash problem

Brand new install windows 10/64.  [also was happening with a new install of Win 7/64].  Can play first game fine.  Second game crashes to desktop before entering battle, then starts a cycle of game start, login, crash.  Strangely, if I uninstall Aslains.  It then crashes in a different way.  I enter battle, but stuck with battle load screen and player icons moving around on top.  If that doesn't happen, I get stuck LEAVING the battle with HUD elements still showing in the hangar.  Works in safe mode.  and, I think, if I remove all traces of aslains.  Also works fine with a fresh install with no mods at all.

Never seen anything like it before...  and really regretting my hardware upgrade.

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

Yes and yes.  Haven't used the cleaner but I've found I can get it back to vanilla and working reliably now.

I've been experimenting with just turning on a few options at a time to try to narrow down what's causing the crash.  Nearly back to playable except for the player panels being dodgy as hell and just not appearing 2 out of three games.

This is where I'm at so far with it working bar the panels.

_Aslains_Installer_CompList.log

Yup.  I can get it working fine vanilla without reinstall.  It's just the mod that screws things up.  Which is odd since I've been Aslains literally for years with no issues.  This new PC/Install just doesn't like it.   Makes me wonder if I'm missing something from the install....  It was a clean windows 10, drivers.   I haven't bothered with flash, codecs, java, or any other addons since I wanted to get WOT working properly first.

2 hours ago, bubs79 said:

windows defender is a pain in the ass on windows 10 with aslains mudpack.   if its the only antivirus u r using   try using a 3rd party one instead and turn windows defender off

Worth a try.

added 9 minutes later

Nope.  On the other hand it definitely appears to be an XVM problem.  Other mods with XVM cause same problem, as does a straight XVM install.

45 minutes ago, Muppetmaster said:

Whee.  Works.  OK.  Definitely an XVM problem.

But it is a problem that your local machine is having with xvm.  I am also Windows 10 64 bit and use XVM without a hitch.  Your problem is very strange indeed.  If you really wish to continue to use XVM, and nobody here has a solution maybe you could get some help over at the xvm forum itself.  https://koreanrandom.com/forum/forum/57-xvm-english-support-and-discussions/

1 hour ago, Darth_Clicker said:

But it is a problem that your local machine is having with xvm.  I am also Windows 10 64 bit and use XVM without a hitch.  Your problem is very strange indeed.  If you really wish to continue to use XVM, and nobody here has a solution maybe you could get some help over at the xvm forum itself.  https://koreanrandom.com/forum/forum/57-xvm-english-support-and-discussions/

That's my thinking too.  The trouble is negotiating a forum where all the 'register' similar stuff is in... Russian?  I  think.

Thank god for dodgy google translate.

Lets see what the XVM crowd make of this.   Thanks for the help.

aaaand my thread got locked before I could figure out which buttons labelled in Russian were to upload files....   WTF?

Edited by Muppetmaster

that is strange that they locked your thread when you didn't do anything at all bad.  I have noticed that sometimes the people there are not the most helpful in the world....basically the opposite of this forum.  It could  be a language/cultural problem.  You didn't ask for help or ask a question.  You stated what was not working for you and maybe they interpreted that only as someone complaining about something.  Sort of like the Seinfeld episode with the Soup Nazi....:D.

No help for you!!!!

4 hours ago, Muppetmaster said:

*shrugs*  I guess it's time to learn to play without player panels with useful info.  At least I solved the crashing.  Good enough for now.

i know ive asked before   ,  but have u followed this path and deleted all the folders?   bear in mind it resets any settings saved in the game aswell  

C:\Users\nameonpc\AppData\Roaming\Wargaming.net\WorldOfTanks