Critical load to the forums and disabled features

• Administrator

Hello everyone,

Would like to inform you about some stuff that is going on. Due to huge popularity of my modpack, my forum server has used up most of the server cpu time (which is a lot, but still...) given to me in this month.

That means I am in big trouble, since there is still 2 weeks 'til next month. If the traffic will be the same like before then I have around 4 days left until they block my server account.

Because of this I had to disable some forum features in example like ability to search, upload & download files (attachments), disabled shoutbox, and restricted the guest access. Hope this will give me couple of days more before the blockade.

I have couple of options now:

- to upgrade to more advanced (and definitely more expensive) server plan/hosting provider

- disable my website for good

- ...?

Anyway it takes time to migrate to another server, and is not easy. For example I did all steps toward proper migration today, but on new server character encoding was messed up on my polish section, not to mention to weird new errors so...Also the new server was sluggish, instead of the one I am currently.

I'm not sure what will I do now, but I have to hurry, the clock is ticking.

Hello everyone,

Would like to inform you about some stuff that is going on. Due to huge popularity of my modpack, my forum server has used up most of the server cpu time (which is a lot, but still...) given to me in this month.

That means I am in big trouble, since there is still 2 weeks 'til next month. If the traffic will be the same like before then I have around 4 days left until they block my server account.

Because of this I had to disable some forum features in example like ability to search, upload & download files (attachments), disabled shoutbox, and restricted the guest access. Hope this will give me couple of days more before the blockade.

I have couple of options now:

- to upgrade to more advanced (and definitely more expensive) server plan/hosting provider

- disable my website for good

- ...?

Anyway it takes time to migrate to another server, and is not easy. For example I did all steps toward proper migration today, but on new server character encoding was messed up on my polish section, not to mention to weird new errors so...Also the new server was sluggish, instead of the one I am currently.

I'm not sure what will I do now, but I have to hurry, the clock is ticking.

Have you thought about using a free forum to where you can just post the link to the download or possible integrate something into the sites.google.com?

Well, the improved Forum servers would be very costly. I suppose you could cover that by putting more effort into expanding your requests for donations, but that's never easy to do.

Taking the site down would be very unfortunate... since I have a lot more free time than you do, I will look into additional options that you could explore, and let you know via. Private Message what I come up with.

Best of luck to you, Aslain.  :)