Game crashing after getting into the hangar

Same thing is happening to me. I select Franken, and click battle. After searching a few seconds for other players, my game crashes to desktop instead of loading the map. If I try to reload the game it automatically crashes again right after login. (it's trying to place me in the battle it crashed on) I updated my mod to the most previous one available, but something is wrong. After waiting about 15 minutes I log into the game and it says I completed a mission by defeating Leviathan, but I wasn't even in the game! 

22 minutes ago, IRONHIDE said:

Same thing is happening to me. I select Franken, and click battle. After searching a few seconds for other players, my game crashes to desktop instead of loading the map. If I try to reload the game it automatically crashes again right after login. (it's trying to place me in the battle it crashed on) I updated my mod to the most previous one available, but something is wrong. After waiting about 15 minutes I log into the game and it says I completed a mission by defeating Leviathan, but I wasn't even in the game! 

for me its not during battle join its when i just login but i'l try to remove hangman and post again

2 minutes ago, IRONHIDE said:

Never done this before, but here it is. 

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

Aslain, can you glance at my log file and tell me what makes my game crash when trying to load the map for Leviathan? 

I really want to play this event. I have no problems in the hanger, it's when I select "Battle" for Leviathan, that's when it crashes to desktop.

I hate to ask this question, but how do I temporarily remove the mod pack from the game? 

I haven't played the game without the mod pack in a couple years, but I'll do it if It lets me play this event. 

I've never had to remove the mod pack. I just always update it when needed. 

I'll probably hate the game without the mods, but I really want to kill this Leviathan dude! 

3 minutes ago, IRONHIDE said:

I hate to ask this question, but how do I temporarily remove the mod pack from the game? 

I haven't played the game without the mod pack in a couple years, but I'll do it if It lets me play this event. 

I've never had to remove the mod pack. I just always update it when needed. 

I'll probably hate the game without the mods, but I really want to kill this Leviathan dude! 

Right side of the play button is a arrow press that and then launch game in safe mode

Edit:

For now i am saving up all the files which have to do with the Halloween event so i can add it back in later on after the event is done

Edited by SkrillexAkaCraft
  • Upvote 1

I had the same problem but like Aslain said this event is causing a lot of problems. Perhaps running the event in safe mode is the best solution for everyone till the event is over or the problem is found and a solution is applied. Mods work great when playing randoms and the such, it's just the event that seems to be causing the majority of peoples CTD's.

1 minute ago, Aslain said:

This crazy issues with mods will stop as soon as the halloween events ends up. Then everything should be back to normal.

My question is why is it this event is causing the majority of the issues we are seeing? Didn't have these issues with the christmas event or the mark 1 event or the IS-8 ball event that I can remember.....

3 minutes ago, Davidinlv82 said:

My question is why is it this event is causing the majority of the issues we are seeing? Didn't have these issues with the christmas event or the mark 1 event or the IS-8 ball event that I can remember.....

Multi-turret shooting, is most likely a very big cause. And the additions that comes with it (two crosshairs, and such)

2 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

Multi-turret shooting, is most likely a very big cause. And the additions that comes with it (two crosshairs, and such)

Makes sense I guess, but wouldn't all the coding be the same regardless if there is more than 1 turret and gun? Should be just a simple fix to add the specs and such of the tanks used in the event to whatever mods have the issues unless wargaming has screwed something up.... Right?

23 minutes ago, Davidinlv82 said:

Makes sense I guess, but wouldn't all the coding be the same regardless if there is more than 1 turret and gun? Should be just a simple fix to add the specs and such of the tanks used in the event to whatever mods have the issues unless wargaming has screwed something up.... Right?

well for us non modders we say that it is easy until we have the code infront of our eyes, i would not say that it is simple as it loos cause you'll have to make 2 Cross's in different shapes which is pointless for just this event if it was permanent i guess modders would have been at it already but hey i don't want world of warships functions on my tanks

I'm dying laughing right now! I have not played this game in years without your mods, they're great. I just played my first random battle of the day with an old T95 which I rarely ever play. I done over 6,000 damage in one round, and got a mastery badge. The game sounds so cheesy, and I was laughing the entire time at the generic sounds of the crew. 

Thank you guys for telling me about safe mode, I never knew it existed! 

shot_035.jpg

1 minute ago, IRONHIDE said:

I'm dying laughing right now! I have not played this game in years without your mods, they're great. I just played my first random battle of the day with an old T95 which I rarely ever play. I done over 6,000 damage in one round, and got a mastery badge. The game sounds so cheesy, and I was laughing the entire time at the generic sounds of the crew. 

Thank you guys for telling me about safe mode, I never knew it existed! 

shot_035.jpg

aye :) glad you have fun ^^

6 hours ago, SkrillexAkaCraft said:

well for us non modders we say that it is easy until we have the code infront of our eyes, i would not say that it is simple as it loos cause you'll have to make 2 Cross's in different shapes which is pointless for just this event if it was permanent i guess modders would have been at it already but hey i don't want world of warships functions on my tanks

Well the thing about wargaming is it seems like they have a lot of events that require some extra work from the modders to make their mods work anyways, even though it's not permanent. And even if this is the type of event that may not be use often it wouldn't hurt to have somewhat of a template that can help get the ball rolling in future events. That's just logic in my mind if I was a modder. Be ready for anything that wargaming throws our way.....