Fonts, scaling or zoom issue

So I don't want to post this as a bug since I am pretty sure it's a problem "in my TV".

The issue - something has changed since 0.20.1.1 (the halloween patch) and since then text throughout the client has been "different" for the worse.

Here's a screenshot for example:

2017-10-30_23-45-19.thumb.jpg.9c4eac2b2bcc6684dcf916fff39913be.jpg

(You'll have to open it in full size)

So as you can see the text from the chat, minimap and damage taken panel seems normal. But the countour icons and damage panel seems out of order and hardy readable.

For comparison this is how the icons look when viewed in windows:

https://puu.sh/yb7em/88fa6de44f.png

And when you press Ctrl  + Scroll Down (once) they look exactly like in the client:

https://puu.sh/yb7ff/b937ad7a05.png

(P.S. I tried different countour icons, had the same issue)

I haven't touched any game settings or changed PC/Monitor etc.

And since the issue appeared I tried to tweak the interface scale in preferences.xml but nothing helped. Going from x0.9 to x1.33 in steps everything looks worse than x1.

So if anyone has an idea I'd greatly appreciate the help

Weird that the patch would be messing that up... that seems weird... maybe something else changed on your computer at the same time, without you realizing?

On another note, the extra tier number on your contours can be fixed by removing the tick in this box:

contoursettings.png

Thanks a lot @central . It is actually the case.
However I can't remove it. Some of the mods (and I only use the modpack) is setting it every time the game is ran.
Without mods the Compatibility is whatever I set it to (for example "Run as admin").
With mods it gets set to "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" .  "Run as admin" is removed.
Any clue which mod/s would do that?

I have attached the logs if @Aslain or anybody else want to take a look.

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

Edited by ThreeNill

I had the same issue only fix is to run without mods or else it rests every time you start program.

I personally got used to it on a 15.6 inch laptop 1920x1080 but if I using a higher end resolution laptop (like a mac or surface) the game would be impossible to play with the modpack.

I don't know which mod is causing this I'm surprised the problem has not been report by more people.

I found the culprit - it's XVM.

Tried with other random mods - it works fine.
With XVM:
Test 1 - default xvm team OTM
Test 2 - aslain's OTM
Test 3 - custom 6th sense icon
(all of the tests were exclusively that particular section only)

In all of the tests it was messing the Compatibility of the client.
On the bright side - XVM has the most extensive customization so I will dig into the configs later and try to figure it out.

So I downloaded the default xvm from their website and the issue remains. So it's not Aslain's fault as the modpack is not causing it. I think I will try to take it up with them and hopefully someone pays me attention :D
guess this topic can be closed.
Thank you all for your time and @central for spotting the issue.

It's the default 100%. I had a talk with a dev from XVM, and managed to disable the Compatibility setting (Disable scaling blabla). However it didn't fix the issue. It's something about my system I am sure, but I can't figure out what..

Edited by ThreeNill

The only odd thing beyond what has already been said (and crazy that XVM actually messes with the compatability settings...)

Is the fact that your screenshot, while it should be 1920x1080, is showing as 1918x1080.

Sounds insane though, if those 2 pixels in the width would be messing up the icons that badly.