Blocked Intrusion

I believe that it is potentially very dangerous. The ads are controlled remotely via a known malvertising address (The IP is connected via several domains), which could install additional adware on the local machines. This is not regular ads, this is more agressive. Personally I will not install the modpack before Ekspoint mods are removed because the risk is too big currently.

• Administrator

So I've got good and bad news.

The good is that ekspoint mods I updated today aren't trying to access his ad website and stealthy download bunch of unwanted stuff (ads and their scripts) while you are in a hangar.

The bad news is that he's not intending to stop adding that ad stuff to his mods, so his upcoming updates will be most likely packed up with hidden connections to ad website.

11 hours ago Aslain sa:

So I've got good and bad news.

The good is that ekspoint mods I updated today aren't trying to access his ad website and stealthy download bunch of unwanted stuff (ads and their scripts) while you are in a hangar.

The bad news is that he's not intending to stop adding that ad stuff to his mods, so his upcoming updates will be most likely packed up with hidden connections to ad website.

Thanks for letting us know. Appreciate it.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, UncleJohn said:

Aslain, you need to include a note in the installation about ekspoint have Ads and it IS NOT secure to use it.

His mods that are in newest modpack versions have no ads currently. His latest updated mods are however conneting to his website, but they don't display any ads. 

In short: ekspoint mods in latest modpack are secure.