Voice mods won't install.

I've tried numerous times to install the latest modpack.  0.6.13.1 #6

I've made sure that I have a fresh install of WoWs.  I've tried the modpack from the different download links as well.  Still cannot get the voicemods to work.  I have run the archiver log and attached the file as you request for bugs.

Thank you for looking into this.

Aslains_WoWs_Logs.zip

I have had the mod pack be corrupted and had to download again.  That's happened several times.

The voice mods used to work.  A few versions ago though they stopped.

I'm attaching screenshots of the pertinent menus to show you.  As you can see I selected the mods to install.  The installer did it's job.  The files are in the correct place as far as I can tell.  Yet they don't show up in the menu.  Is there something obvious that I'm missing?

voices_selected.jpg

shot-17.11.18_16.00.03-0351.jpg

shot-17.11.18_15.59.53-0273.jpg

shot-17.11.18_16.00.25-0705.jpg

voices installed.jpg

one thing that fixed the in game selection for me was to remove (or just archive them, the game won't read archive, so it's the same as if you deleted them, but you get to have a back-up if need be) all folders in res/banks, BUT keep the mods.xml file untouched (in essence, that file should be the only thing in res/banks). give it a shot, perhaps it'll work for you too.

Edited by cosmo

i have this problem too.

i have apparently gotten mods into folders like D:\world of warships\res ( 1 mods.xml file beside the folders who doesnt have one inside )

and

D:\world of warships\res_mods\0.6.13.1\banks\mods ( 1 mods.xml file inside each folder )

just tried with option of 1 mods.xml file as the only file in D:\world of warships\res_mods\0.6.13.1\banks\mods. no luck yet.

Aslains_WoWs_Logs.zip

Edited by vandreren
  • Administrator
37 minutes ago, vandreren said:

i have this problem too.

i have apparently gotten mods into folders like D:\world of warships\res ( 1 mods.xml file beside the folders who doesnt have one inside )

and

D:\world of warships\res_mods\0.6.13.1\banks\mods ( 1 mods.xml file inside each folder )

Aslains_WoWs_Logs.zip

- Make sure you have no files or sub-folders in res\banks\mods\

- Don't touch this file res\banks\mod.xml

22 minutes ago, Aslain said:

- Make sure you have no files or sub-folders in res\banks\mods\

- Don't touch this file res\banks\mod.xml

hi again, ty, got it to work now, never thought it would happen.

i need to confirm 2 things, in the mod description it says you can alter the mods selected, but i would have to reinstal when that happens, i tried the tool to select read and run the mod again but it kept saying there was something missing.

the other thing, can i put in other mods alongside your mod installer inside the D:\world of warships\res_mods\0.6.13.1\banks\mods or would they need a seperate folder in the banks folder in that address line.

there was a german female voice mod i saw on the wow forums i wanted to try on as well. and ty again for helping and creating :D

• Administrator

You can install more crew voice mods at same time, then select them in the game sound menu. You can also add mod you mentioned that german female voices, just make sure you are placing that mod in own folder in res_mods\0.6.13.1\banks\mods\..... Not sure how this mod is packed (with what path) but in example the place for this mod would be like this: res_mods\0.6.13.1\banks\mods\GermanFemale\ and res_mods\0.6.13.1\banks\mods\GermanFemale\mods.xml.

On 11/18/2017 at 8:05 PM, cosmo said:

one thing that fixed the in game selection for me was to remove (or just archive them, the game won't read archive, so it's the same as if you deleted them, but you get to have a back-up if need be) all folders in res/banks, BUT keep the mods.xml file untouched (in essence, that file should be the only thing in res/banks). give it a shot, perhaps it'll work for you too.

I honestly have no idea how to do this... Are you saying to delete all the audio files? Also, I can't find a mods.xml file in my warships files anywhere. I have no idea what I'm missing and I've spent like 2-3 hours on this already.

Edit: I figured out the issue, but I can't see my kancolle audios, just the arpeggio ones.

Edited by Zandre

basically, your banks folder should look like this (you can see the path in the address field, just follow that. yes, my wows folder is b warships, i had it to keep it above other games since it requires tinkering rather often with mods and all that.

Spoiler

5a20760339753_howitssupposedtolook.thumb.jpg.d4a9ccd9fa19851dffa1c8d2daecfbb4.jpg

in order not to delete the other folders i had there (just in case, i prefer backups to deleting stuff, archiving the folders is also a good alternative, since the game won't read from them. so until i made the previous screenshot, my folder looked like this:

Spoiler

alternative.thumb.jpg.5c9ee3ecd996072142b67dcc9904ae64.jpg

either option works the same. this allowed me to select arp voices in the game menu, since i have arp ships from the event, and i found that, as WG mentioned in one of their patch notes, this selection overrides special captains voices (such as steven seagal).

ofc, i have no ideea if this is a global solution to the issue, but i read about it on several forum posts, and it has worked for me, so i hope it will be effective for you as well.

Edited by cosmo