adf.ly links change all the time

Firstly, thanks Aslain for the great work you do on this modpack, it is really appreciated.

One way I would like to show my appreciation is by using the sponsored download links every time I download the modpack.  However, like any Internet user who doesn't want to be driven insane I run an ad blocker in my browser because of all the other stupid sites that spam me with ads... so I need to add an exception for adf.ly.  But for some reason, nearly every time I go to download an updated mod pack, the download links have changed and it complains that I'm running an ad blocker and refuses to forward me to the download.   First it was adf.ly, then j.gs, then g.js, this time it is yamechanic.com...

If you want to be ad-supported, please don't make it difficult for us to support you... maybe you need to use someone other than adf.ly if they force you to do it this way?

Regards,

Annihilannic

Edited by Annihilannic
typos/clarification
  • Administrator

As far as I know if you're using any ad blocker, I get nothing in return. Well I'm forced to do it by adly since 2 or 3 months they're randomizing the names of their links. I cannot use other similar sevices because nothing else is as reliable as adly, basicaly every other similar service is worse, and I don't mean lesser payments for me, but they simply display dangerous ads. Adly is the least controversial among them all. If this is bugging you so much, please use paypal or patreon and click on [direct] links.

edit: in next modpack updates I will try to use domains q.gs and j.gs, hopefuly it will not change in time.

11 hours ago, Aslain said:

... If this is bugging you so much, please use paypal or patreon and click on [direct] links.

PLEASE do this! Aslain doesn't charge us for the mod pack... if you use the direct link or block ads (as I do), please send him some money using the links on the home page.

He puts in a LOT of hours updating the mods and running games to test compatibility... he hardly gets to play games for the fun of it... he jumps into games using the info from our logs every time someone reports a problem or conflict.

Show your appreciation by sending a contribution when you can.

... PayPal inbound...

• Upvote 1