the Modpack downloading issues

I have been trying to download #9 wot modpack for a few days now. I have #8 running right now. Over the last few years "ADfly" would give me trouble downloading. I would wait a day and retry download with out problems. I have been running Malwarebytes the whole time. I have attached screenshot of the error statement. If you can let me know. I would appreciated. Hope Your health is improving.

swiftation.png

2 hours ago, rcm4 said:

THX for the reply. As much as I like Aslain's mod pack, I have donated twice a yr, I will not leave my computer open to any kind of foreign website. So I will run with out this mod pack. Have A Nice Day.

Did you even bother to read all of my "short" post? You read half - and decided to take the extreme step of quitting the modpack entirely...

You could use the direct link - bypassing the link that is giving you issues - that wouldn't leave your computer open to a foreign website.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, rcm4 said:

THX for the reply. As much as I like Aslain's mod pack, I have donated twice a yr, I will not leave my computer open to any kind of foreign website. So I will run with out this mod pack. Have A Nice Day.

@rcm4 you see exactly how easy it is to avoid the adds in this image (I highlight it in yellow circle to make it easier for you to understand) and you clearly could not understand @Quaksen with his very simple reply either.

If you choose to not use it oh well.

Will run it by @Aslain as normally people who donate get a color name and you joined 4 years ago and have made by your calculations 8 donations (4 x twice a year) So if you really did donate sorry if your name got missed off the list its rare for a one of donation to get missed but 8 donation is extreme.

Hope you find my picture image helpful (if this doesn't work i can add a video demonstrating how to click the direct link instead if needed.)

Let me know im happy to help you

image.png

Edited by Capt_Reginald_Black

Capt Black, Your reply was very helpful. Downloaded with out any trouble. In the four years I never realized the "direct" was a separate link. You may want to pass this on to your other subscribers, the ones as lost as myself. I have relied on Aslain's quick releases after patch releases. Thank you.

41 minutes ago, rcm4 said:

Capt Black, Your reply was very helpful. Downloaded with out any trouble. In the four years I never realized the "direct" was a separate link. You may want to pass this on to your other subscribers, the ones as lost as myself. I have relied on Aslain's quick releases after patch releases. Thank you.

direct is direct link.  unfortunately its very difficult to bombard with info on the screen and I do think most everyone knows the direct link is direct download.  My advice was exactly the same as what @Quaksen said just with a picture.  Have to bear in mind the moderators and helpers here are doing it for free also and try to assist with info.  a question like "Hi Quaksen whats the difference between direct and click link.  BTW did you know Have A Nice Day (using caps) is HAND and signifies talk to the hand as i'm not listening? @Quaksenwas trying to help you also.

people have to remember Aslain and team that helps him moderate and the guys and gals who answer questions are only trying to help the community.  they are not here to be put down because people dont understand what they write.  if in doubt ask a question.  the reason the direct link is now highlighted click me click me is because the add clicker generates aslain a very very minute revenue.  I use google chrome and never once has the so called suspicious site ahead infected my computer. often as they are classed as spam sites because of the url it gets flagged.

Rememebr a thank you go a hell of a long way to these people.  so from me "Thank you all the people helping keep this site with answers and the community a safe place."

Yes Sir. I realize that dealing with people can suck. Thank You to the whole Team. The "lost" comment was an attempt at humor, as in yes I did not realize and did not read first post completely . The visual of the yellow circle was a "light bulb" moment. I have had few issues in the past years, a lot I figured out myself. I do promote this site to others.  I know that the site gets some benefit from the adfly link and I will continue to try it first.

• Upvote 1