How to keep two custom settings files?

Kiddoo

Hi!

First of all, please apologise me if I posted in the wrong section of the forum.

I have two custom files (\res_mods\xvm\configs\(Aslain)\hotkeys.xc and \res_mods\xvm\configs\(Aslain)\playersPanel.xc) - thing is every time I install a new version of the package (either is new versio, or just reconfigure something, adding a mod, removing a mod or anything) they get replaced and I have to manually rewrite them (which many times I forget to :P).

Anyway to keep them untouched by the installer?

Thank you in advance!

Use the custom mods folder to overlay things after install is complete.  Instructions are in the readme in the directory in the WoT game folder

Yeah, I thought that this should be the way, but don't really know how to do it... and I am afraid to not mess it up.  :(

Was more like hopeing for a step by step guide. :(

What I was thinking was something like

- create a directory res_mods, in it create a directory xvm, in it a directory configs, in it a directory Aslain

- in that directory put both file

- create a zip file containing this (the directory structure and the two files)

- copy the zip file in the Aslains_Custom_mods directory

But I am afraid that it may be wrong and I could mess up things... :(

You appear to understand the process.  Build a work directory someplace with res_mods/XVM/configs/Aslain and place files in that location.  Go back to the directory containing res_mods and send res_mods to a compressed file by right clicking res_mods and picking that action.  Put the resulting zip in the custom mods dir.

• Upvote 1

You appear to understand the process.  Build a work directory someplace with res_mods/XVM/configs/Aslain and place files in that location.  Go back to the directory containing res_mods and send res_mods to a compressed file by right clicking res_mods and picking that action.  Put the resulting zip in the custom mods dir.

Thank you a lot! :)