Lost all camo

all my camos were removed from EVERY TANK... All my equipment was removed from every tank. NOW some camos are GONE that I paid gold for. WoT is saying to check my depot and only 1 is left of the ones that purchased for the Italian LIne. This happened with 13 and 15. So now you want me to uninstall and do 17??  I believe it was that allium mod... I will take TONS of screen shots this time before i spend hours redoing my stuff.

As a neophyte to logs... this is a trainable moment... so PLEASE provide instructions and i will tackle this tomorrow

am after you reply how to save and send u my logs.

• Administrator

Auxilium was updated recently (in #12), it's stopped to use res_mods to store saved configurations (mod cache), everything was moved to appdata... It's possible that you have to setup your tanks again, due to this change, and removing camo from all tanks on first use is a normal thing when you're using this mod for a first time. This might be your case. However the mod cannot sell paid samo, in very worst case it may buy camo (which was prolly fixed in latest update from #12), but not to sell anything.

There is probably one file missing, and due to this the mod cannot read from app data location, add this file DataPath.json in this example path: c:\Games\World_of_Tanks\res_mods\configs\BBMods\Auxilium\DataPath.json

when you have over 100 tanks this is extremely annoying, There is still the ongoing issue with WoT of where the Camo I purchased for the Italian line has "disappeared" to. Since I have NEVER had an  issues with your mods... I think I will pass on one that has CAUSED me tremendous headaches and aggravation.. I am certainly hesitant to download 17 right now.....

Unlikely the camo has just vanished into thin air.

Double check the various options in the exterior menu there.

There's no mod that just randomly sells camo. If the camo is demounted, it can be mounted again just fine - the various camo will be either under the preset styles, or the custom styles / camo itself.

yes WoT has answered 2 tickets with similar replies.. But my Italian line shows 1 winter camo unappliied. Who buys one camo and then doesn't apply it?? I played frontline with camo in both tier 8 Italians. They both had purchased camo. The camo disappeared. Also another FACT is that all emblems I put on tanks were removed. They are hopefully still in the list but who knows how many disappeared from there as well. I sold down to a certain level on some but who can remember that far back how many American flags I had left... Auxilium  sure has caused me alot of grief...

Who knows why someone would buy camo but not apply it.

But some people only buy one camo to get the bonus from camo on the hull, and don't care about the looks.

If you had rental camo, maybe you've simply used up all it's uses, making it vanish?

thanks for your skepticism.... Your choosing to address one comment to reply and ignore the problems created by an improperly functioning mod is condescending to say the least.  To insert a new suggestion that I purchased rental camo is another cut and paste slap an answer to the inquiry simpleton... Another issue which you will skip over is that all non permanent equipment required re installation as well. Oh sure the mod doesn't have enough sense to know that it was there previously and one must reinstall each time. AGAIN this Auxilium mod has caused innumerable headaches and ongoing aggravation. Your contributions sir are noteworthy as well Sir.

I'm addressing what I can address. I'm terribly sorry for giving suggestions.

If the mod was as improperly functioning as you claim - causing camo to vanish completely - don't you think there would be more than ONE report of it?

I really do not care for your insults you're throwing at me, for suggesting that you take an extra look - MANY times it's something that the user overlook. I've dealt with the issue of "My tank disappeared after installing the modpack" enough to know that.

Edited to add more stuffs:

The descriptions of the Auxilium options are all mentioning "the mod will dismount camo, emblems and inscriptions from all tanks on first usage", "will move all equipment from your tanks to warehouse on first use", "will move all consumables from your tanks to warehouse on first use"

Edited by Quaksen
Edit to add more stuffs.

Clearly this creates work for the commanders in excess of "normal" gameplay. WHY would you initiate an inconvenient useless mod pack that would remove all those  things that consumed so much of our time to place?   Why would you consider this a productive mod? Who reads all your fine print of disclaimer of how a mod will screw up all your hard work placing emblems camo and equipment. and emblems. And yet you defend this worthless mod by saying OH if you read the disclaimer..... so I am just  a dummy cause   I thought Aslains gave us good mods..  There are HUNDREDS of posts about this WORTHLESS MOD....and  would you  EVER have used such a WORTHLESS MOD??? But again in your defense we are all to stupid to expect mods to be a positive productive product endorsed by Aslains and defend so well by you sir.

• Downvote 1

Clearly you thought the function of the mod was worthwhile, or you wouldn't have selected it.

It's always a good idea to read the description of mods, to see what they might do, or what you might need to do.

Why would someone select the mod? Well, if they don't have a lot of camo, and they want it to be automatically moved between tanks.

It will create extra work for someone in your case, with 100s of tanks with camouflage. Why the mod removes all of them to start with, is something you'd need to ask ShuraBB, the author of the mod.

At this point, you're just angry, and posting angry posts. I get that you're angry, but yelling at me, Aslain, or others, won't solve anything.

• Upvote 1

In this case anger is not strong enough. Pissed off as I have spent gold to get the camo and it has proven impossible to address here or in WoT. As I noted in my research you have had nothing but problems with this mod. As I said there are hundreds of comments about its issues. Mine is trivial to you I understand. We all must accept the risks that files you "place on your mod list" could be corrupt defective or fail in their execution and function. This is the first time in 2 years of using your mods I have had a serous problem. I have recommended Aslains to all in my clan who ask. I selected  Auxilium in Ignorance of its function and made a poor assumption that it would function without removing destroying or intentionally causing hours of work to redo its "mistakes" . As noted by you my attitude and demeanor are hardly solicitous. You have performed your function of warning me of the imperfections instability and of the requirements to be diligent  when accepting the products you appear to endorse. Thank you for your time patience and warnings. 

The camo should still be there, since it would have been demounted. I don't really know what to say beyond that. :(

You mentioned you were going to take screenshots, entirely up to you if you want to share one of your exterior screen.

And yeah, I guess I am a skeptic when it comes to a case such as yours - because I find it hard to believe that things would just vanish like that.

Your issue isn't trivial at all. It's a bad issue, if there is such an issue.

I do not believe that there was a "corrupt, defective or failure" in the mod in this case, because there has only been one case (yours), when it comes to stuff going completely missing.

And I'm pretty sure Aslain feels the same way, or he wouldn't be keeping it around.

I endorse Aslain's modpack - no question about that. :)

I cannot speak for the mod "Auxilium" by itself however, I don't know that mod, the functions it provides are useless in my own cases, or providing functions I get from other mods already. (Some mod authors like creating similar/same functions in their mods, PMOD / Battle Observer / Auxilium, and probably others)

In terms of "all" disappearing I can only guess that the ones that went to the depot are "most" if not all I purchased-- with the clear exception of The Italian line. So my "all" reference is to the "effectiveness" of the Auxilium mod in dismounting stuff.  Here is a the ONLY image I found in my screen shots reflecting that indeed this vehicle had cam. Now the depot only shows 1 winter camo left of 9 I purchased for gold. It no longer exists and disappeared upon installation of the Auxilium  mod. COINCIDENCE? Again thanks for your time and input sir. 

image.thumb.png.f8ba03a7f27b40578fedbae26313981d.png

image.png

Ah okay. So all the other camo are there, just the Italian winter camo that has gone missing? That's so bizarre.

This post is about Italian tanks too - but a different issue, but figured I'd show you the link anyways;

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/517569-mod-auxilium-autoequip-autocrew-autocamo-autohandbrake-region-changer-and-more/page__st__100__pid__11679377#entry11679377

It's talking about not remembering the camo for the Italian tanks, so he has to set it (I guess mount it?) every time he wants to use the tank.

Maybe you could add your Italian tank issue to the thread?

(The screenshot I had in mind was in your garage, under exterior, showing the camouflage / lack thereof - up to you of course. If you feel it's a waste of time, don't do it :))

• Upvote 1

WoT finally did a log search after 7 letters. When The Auxilium  mods removed all my Camo's I was unaware that I had earned some 7 year anniversary Camos. That's apparently what I had put on the Panterra. ( I still believe I had purchased camo working up the line)  So when I started to reapply I had no Idea they were reward camos. Finally somebody looked at the one camo left and explained that putting your cursor over the camo would have told me the same "information". Ignorant fact #2 at the same time this response had me check as to why I had not applied the special 1945 camo to the Progetto. Hmm ... Ignorant fact #3 the type 59 I won during Christmas boxes also has a special camo reward. I shared this new "info" with my clanmates and low and behold only 1 of 10 guys even knew about putting your cursor over the camo for a description and nobody was aware of the "special 1945 Camo".  Ignorant fact 4) (courtesy of you sir)... READ all the descriptions of Aslains mods and again ignorant fact #5 never install new mods until the bugs are worked  out and most important ignorant fact #6 make a back up res mods folder when you download a new release mod pack in case it is buggy. Thanks for your patience and the education... Commander 5GTD

Edited by tankbelll

That's so digusting and sad to hear that it took 7 mails to them before they bothered to check and help out on their end when they have the tools to check such things. Sigh at WG. I'm glad they finally caved and did look into it.

Another note on camo, that most people aren't aware of anymore, since WG was so kind as to remove the warning message - some camo earned through clan wars or other such reward camo, get locked/bound to a tank, and can never be put onto another tank again. And as such would have to look at the tank it was bound to, to see it in the 'depot'. (They had this warning before they re-worked the camo system into the 3-piece thing)

If you encountered some bug, do make a mention of it, so it can be looked into.

And as for keeping a backup of res_mods - remember the "mods" folder as well, or another idea could be to keep the last-working modpack installer around.

Sometimes things behave differently on others computers - where one could have no issues, another could have issues.

thanks for your suggestions. Already save the installer pak but didn't consider the mods file as well. At initial garage start up it usually hangs up loading a tank onto the screen. It is the last tank I used in battle before shutting down. It gives the gear turning and turning. I have to click another tank to get the garage to function. Haven't complained just took it s another quirk of one of the mods somewhere.  Thanks again sir.

Edited by tankbelll

I've noticed that hanging issue too, but at least it doesn't hang more than a simple click to another tank fixes it - kinda weird.

It doesn't seem to happen always though either. Gotta love/hate those issues that aren't easily reproduced.

:)

Happy tanking out there!

Hi Quaksen.. seems Aslain got a bunch of Malware and riskware this update. My notices in the last 24 hours are now approaching a dozen. Looked at the site Aslain posted about his rating and it hasn't been updated since 6/1018. This am another riskware blocked as I downloaded .2.02 modpack this was a new one. I started another thread yesterday but no response so I thought i might ask you.

• Downvote 1

One mod author decided to include adware stuff in his mod - they were removed 2 modpack updates ago.

- removed mods sharing dependency files polarfox.vxSettingsApi and polarfox.vxBattleFlash
(Battle Observer, Utannouncer Female/Male, Radial Menu, Show Vehicle, Colored chat messages "Chat + Kill-log")

• Administrator

What Quaksen said. If you tankbell want to blame someone find that guy who created that adware in his mod out of sudden and tell him what you think about it. I definitely don't have "bunch of malware and riskware", I'm closing this topic, and please stop accusing me for something I didn't do and did not have.

• Aslain locked this topic