Assign Commander to trained Ship (Montrofil)

• 4 months later...
6 hours ago, Illgrim said:

I am really missing it as well .. really useful if you own a lot of premiums.. :-)

.. was talking about the mod - not the modpack. The modpack mentioned above only gives an example.

in a late update of the Aslain 0.5.9.0 modpack was " (15-09-2018): - added mod:Return commander to his ship [at port mods section] "
.. unfortunately it is not part of the 0.5.10.0 pack ..

On 6/10/2018 at 12:15 PM, Aslain said:

Yeah I tried to add this mod in the past, but it's a bit complicated, not sure if it's worth it.

.. took me a time to find out that this mod is available via the official WG modstation as well - so I decided to install it using your Custom_mods directory. Well - nok I know what makes it complicating - the mod changes several lines in the dock.xml which is no problem on a clean installation but conflicts with a lot of other mods de-activating your in game GUI if you dont edit manually..  really too bad :-(

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

.. last version was incompatible with the carousel - blocked choosing ships - guess that's why aslain removed it in Aslain's WoWs ModPack v7.11.0 #01b.

Just checked ModStation - an official version is now available for WoWs v7.11.0. Tested it on a plain installation.  Installed solo its working again.
Attaching files from the plain istallation.

Cheers,

Illgrim

0.7.11.0.7z

Thanks again. Hope Monsrtofil will code a more compatible version soon. 

Would be nice to have a kind of "autoassign" bound commander to ships - just as the WoT pendant of this mod does with tank crews.

What i mean is - select a ship - WoWs assigns the bound commander automatically. And you only have to use the menus for alternative selection.

Well - lets see how this mod develops..

Thanks again for adding! :star:

Hi,

.. there is no "page" about this mod - but usage is quite simple. If You installed it correctly:

- Choose a ship in the port view (my empty Iwaki A for example) (if the mod works as it should you find a "Primary crew is not set" remark in the commanders location.

shot-18.12.01_00.02.09-0187.jpg

- Put a commander in - for example my Iso

shot-18.12.01_00.05.50-0740.jpg

- Klick on the captains options arrow - choose "Mark crew as primary"

shot-18.12.01_00.05.59-0958.jpg

- If you go back to port now Iso is commanding the ship and the remark in the commanders location is "Primary crew already set"

shot-18.12.01_00.06.17-0085.jpg

- Putting Iso back to another ship opening the Iwaki A in Port again the "Primary crew is not set" remark is gone.

shot-18.12.01_00.07.02-0770.jpg

-> You have a "Get primary crew back" button displayed instead

-> Click it and the previously chosen commander is auto-assigned.

Quite simple. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Grim

Edited by Illgrim
  • Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

... unfortunately the "Return commander to his ship" mod is not working any more in Aslain's WoWs ModPack v8.3.1 #12

(you can use its features but it does not save the chosen primary captain you select any more).

It was still functional in Aslain's WoWs ModPack v8.3.1 #11 so this is just a minor bug I guess.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Illgrim said:

... unfortunately the "Return commander to his ship" mod is not working any more in Aslain's WoWs ModPack v8.3.1 #12

(you can use its features but it does not save the chosen primary captain you select any more).

It was still functional in Aslain's WoWs ModPack v8.3.1 #11 so this is just a minor bug I guess.

I'm not sure what is going on with this mod. Could you attach your logs?