30-40 FPS with modpack 100+ FPS without

Both this version(#09) and the previous version of the modpack, I noticed significantly lower FPS than earlier versions.  It not only happens during gameplay, but also during replays.  If I uninstall the modpack, it goes back to normal FPS.  I'm getting 30-40 FPS for large parts of the battle and it happens in the same parts in replays of the same battles.

System specs:

i7-6700K water cooled

32 GB of DDR4 2666 MHz RAM

1 TB Samsung 960 EVO NVMe SSD

EVGA GTX 1080 ti FTW3 water cooled

At 3440x1440 resolution I leave G-Sync on and the frame rate in game normally stays at 100 FPS which is the refresh rate of the monitor.

I ran temperature monitoring software while playing the game and the CPU and GPU are far from overheating and don't ever reach 100% load.  Both the CPU and GPU remain between 40C and 50C when the FPS drops into the 30s.

What mods in the modpack cause the low FPS?

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

XVM tends to cause FPS drops. But your PC should be able to handle it. 

Can you try to remove your game preferences file and reset your World Of Tanks settings back to default.

To perform this, please perform the following:

Hold the Windows key and press “R”.
    In the Run window, type or paste “%APPDATA%\wargaming.net” (without the quotes).
    Delete the folder named WorldOfTanks.

Afterwards, simply launch the game. Also, this will delete all settings. Including login info.

That might fix the issue. Other than that, try with G-Sync off. Not sure, but XVM may not like it.

Without the mod pack installed I get 100+ FPS and in earlier versions of the same mod pack(#07 or #06 and earlier) I didn't have the issue.  I don't think setting the settings back to default would help if I don't have the issue with the mod pack uninstalled.  I don't think its an issue with XVM and G -Sync or else I would have run into it many times before.  I tried G-Sync off and it didn't change anything.  I still had the same FPS drop.

A couple months ago I tried doing benchmarks with XVM installed and with no mods installed.  I had G-Sync off to measure the difference in FPS with Fraps and the difference between average and minimum FPS was minimal.  

I'm pretty sure one of the mods is causing the issue, I just don't know what one.

1 minute ago, Bavor said:

Without the mod pack installed I get 100+ FPS and in earlier versions of the same mod pack(#07 or #06 and earlier) I didn't have the issue.  I don't think setting the settings back to default would help if I don't have the issue with the mod pack uninstalled.  I don't think its an issue with XVM and G -Sync or else I would have run into it many times before.  I tried G-Sync off and it didn't change anything.  I still had the same FPS drop.

A couple months ago I tried doing benchmarks with XVM installed and with no mods installed.  I had G-Sync off to measure the difference in FPS with Fraps and the difference between average and minimum FPS was minimal.  

I'm pretty sure one of the mods is causing the issue, I just don't know what one.

Resetting the cache would removed any XVM conflicts. Other than that, it could be the sound mod. Gun and engine sounds had a bit of a change the last patch. But the only thing that you are using that was updated/ changed in #8 was XVM. So that is why I suggest that.

I tried it without the sound mod installed already and had the same issue with low FPS.   

I tried again with just XVM installed and nothing else and had no FPS issues.  So I'm pretty sure its some other mod in the mod pack causing the issue.

If this is bringing my system down to 30-40 FPS there have to be other people with similar issues.

I tried several different options of mods in the mod pack.  Even with less mods I'm having the same issue.  FPS drops into the 30's for extended periods of time with mods installed.  No FPS drops with just XVM installed or with no mods installed.

The only thing that seems to correlate with FPS drops when watching replays is enemy tanks shooting me or appearing near me from around a corner.

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

It seems that not using Personal Missions Helper and MOE Extended resolved the issue.  Even when I didn't use the MOE Extended mod I still had some periods of low FPS.  I reinstalled the mod pack without the MOE Extended and without the Personal Missions Helper and with most of the original options and I no longer have the FPS drops into the 30s.

I guess I don't really need Personal Missions Helper since its built into the game now.

Why would these two mods together cause the issue now when they didn't do it before?

Edited by Bavor
updated info

Form what I have noticed, I have been seeing this happening for months on my end and I couldn't honestly tell you when it began. with my single card I would get severe throttling with frame drops down into the 20's for brief periods with game stuttering/ hanging, and often with that when I would quick check my gpu clocks it would seem to coincide with putting my card into a high idle state, or to core clock speeds for those moments. Now that I have a different card manufacturers cards in my system I would still see similar issues, then when I got my set up in SLI it seems to make it worse, and I am also getting sectors of discolored background/ disappearing scenery ect, ( sometimes getting the game to completely hang or crash) that are tied up with this problem. I did wipe all of the aslain mods off my system and ran wot bare bones for a couple battles and the frame rate and card utilization went up dramatically, where I would be lucky to see 80 frame peak( usually 60-70 average) with primary card utilization of around 80 and secondary  average of 50, when the game was bare bones I was seeing peaks into the 170's and averages of 150-160 and 95-100% card utilization on both at all times, with this game running on full 4k with 122hz refresh rate and maxed settings. I am sorry to say, but you have a serious conflict with  one or more mods for the 1080 ti display drivers, as I did try running a few different drivers to see if I got any better results early, mid and late with the same similar results. My system is all liquid cooled cpu average 40-50 c and both gpu's never have seen above 42 c. Also to note that one my clan mates also has a 1080 ti oc that is doing the same/ similar thing as Bavor is talking about.

Running win 10

msi carbon ac z370

gskill lowest latency 3600Mhz ram

samsung 960 pro

SLI gigabyte 1080 ti extreme

dxdiag.log

folder_Aslains_Custom_mods.txt

folder_mods.txt

folder_res_mods.txt

python.log

WoTLauncher.log

xvm.log

_Aslains_Installer.log

_Aslains_Installer_CompList.log

_Aslains_Installer_Extractor.log

_Aslains_Installer_Options.inf

Edited by Pillsrgood
added for another note of occurrence
6 hours ago, Pillsrgood said:

Form what I have noticed, I have been seeing this happening for months on my end and I couldn't honestly tell you when it began. with my single card I would get severe throttling with frame drops down into the 20's for brief periods with game stuttering/ hanging, and often with that when I would quick check my gpu clocks it would seem to coincide with putting my card into a high idle state, or to core clock speeds for those moments. Now that I have a different card manufacturers cards in my system I would still see similar issues, then when I got my set up in SLI it seems to make it worse, and I am also getting sectors of discolored background/ disappearing scenery ect, ( sometimes getting the game to completely hang or crash) that are tied up with this problem....

You seem to have a completely different issue than I do.  My GPU stays at 2101 MHz when I have the lwo PFS periods during WoT.  I ran monitoring software to be sure.  I have absolutely no graphics issues in terms of image quality artifacts, distortion, etc...  I can run Ghost Recon Wildlands on the highest graphics settings without issues.  I can run other games on the highest graphics settings without issues.  I only have a problem with WoT when certain mods are installed from the modpack.  You Are making incorrect assumptions.

I am sorry to say, but you have a serious conflict with  one or more mods for the 1080 ti display drivers

Nope not at all.  Your guess is incorrect.  I only have FPS issues with WoT and only with Personal Missions Helper and MOE Extended installed.

Also to note that one my clan mates also has a 1080 ti oc that is doing the same/ similar thing as Bavor is talking about.

Its probably not unless he is using the Personal Missions Helper and MOE Extended mods and doesn't have the issue with the mods uninstalled.

I have only ran a couple of battles to test this out with mods installed, so if you need further data to assist you, please let me know?

I don't need any further data because I don't have a hardware or driver issue.  If you read the thread you would see all the problems with WoT went away when I installed the mod pack without the Personal Missions Helper and MOE Extended mods.

I tend to disagree with you on the driver problem, I am not saying that it is an nvidia problem( meaning the drivers are working perfectly well) unless you misinterpreted me there? What I am saying is that one or more mods are conflicting with graphics drivers, and I can't say for certain that it only applies to 1080 ti drivers only, as I don't have any other cards to throw at it to verify. as far as the artifact problem is concerned you clearly didn't read my post very well, as I had said that I merely noticed from time to time that my card would go into an idle state, not all the time though ( so that is partly my fault for lack of depth) and if you would properly read I said having SLI running only seems to make the problem worse, hence the artifacts and such, as my asus card would get the micro stutter/ stutter on occasion, but with the gigabyte i rarely see any micro stutter running only one card. And yes, this only applies to wot no other game runs like ass for me either.

With all that aside, could you please help direct me to where these are located, ( Personal Missions Helper and MOE Extended mods ) so I could try this fix myself? I would greatly appreciate it, thank you

Baver, may I ask what your card utilization is when the game is running?

On a side note I should have done a bit better on my communication, however I was hoping people would get my point though.

If I am looking at it correctly, I have never had either of those mods installed running aslains since I have been using aslains mods. So, maybe you are correct in your assumption that we are experiencing different issues with some similar effects, however it is still a mod problem, that is causing the conflict. Another thing to note that I also have been noticing is that when i dump back to garage after battle I will see a range of 1-20 fps and a very noticeable slow down for about 5-10 seconds and then it comes back around. All I can ask is that people please speak up if you notice these things?