Is there any such mod? If yes would be really cool to have it...

Kiddoo

I know that XVM has an "alt" version for map...

Now you know the minimap feature to show vehicle name and optional player name... that means that both those information exist...

What would be really cool would be an option to show vehicle name normal, while on pressing alt key (or a key) vehicle name to be changed with player name...

Would that be possible? If yes, do you know any mod, config that does that? If yes, can we pretty please have it too?

Please Aslain ;;) Please ;;)

• Upvote 2

This is as easy as changing some text in a file.

The first file is what's normally displayed, the second is what's displayed when you press Alt.

World_of_Tanks\res_mods\xvm\configs\Aslain\minimapLabels.xc
World_of_Tanks\res_mods\xvm\configs\Aslain\minimapLabelsAlt.xc

Look through the Alt file for the "        "format": {" section, here's what it should look like after it's edited, using the {{name}} macro now instead of whatever was there before.

"format": {
          "ally":  "<span class='mm_a'>{{name}}</span>",
          "teamkiller":  "<span class='mm_t'>{{name}}</span>",
          "enemy": "<span class='mm_e'>{{name}}</span>",
          "squad": "<span class='mm_e'>{{name}}</span>",
          "oneself": "",
          "lostally":  "<textformat leading='-3'><span class='mm_dot'>{{vehicle-class}}</span>\n<span class='mm_la'> <i>{{name}}</i></span><textformat>",
          "lostteamkiller":  "<textformat leading='-3'><span class='mm_dot'>{{vehicle-class}}</span>\n<span class='mm_lt'> <i>{{name}}</i></span><textformat>",
          "lost":  "<textformat leading='-3'><span class='mm_dot'>{{vehicle-class}}</span>\n<span class='mm_l'>   <i>{{name}}</i></span><textformat>",
          "lostsquad":  "<textformat leading='-3'><span class='mm_dot'>{{vehicle-class}}</span><span class='mm_ls'>  <i>{{name}}</i></span><textformat>",
          "deadally":  "<textformat leading='-3'><span class='mm_dot'>{{vehicle-class}}</span><textformat>",
          "deadteamkiller":  "<textformat leading='-3'><span class='mm_dot'>{{vehicle-class}}</span><textformat>",
          "deadenemy": "<textformat leading='-3'><span class='mm_dot'>{{vehicle-class}}</span><textformat>",
          "deadsquad": "<textformat leading='-3'><span class='mm_dot'>{{vehicle-class}}</span><textformat>"
        },
  • Upvote 1

This is as easy as changing some text in a file.

The first file is what's normally displayed, the second is what's displayed when you press Alt.

World_of_Tanks\res_mods\xvm\configs\Aslain\minimapLabels.xc
World_of_Tanks\res_mods\xvm\configs\Aslain\minimapLabelsAlt.xc

Look through the Alt file for the "        "format": {" section, here's what it should look like after it's edited, using the {{name}} macro now instead of whatever was there before.

"format": {
          "ally":  "<span class='mm_a'>{{name}}</span>",
          "teamkiller":  "<span class='mm_t'>{{name}}</span>",
          "enemy": "<span class='mm_e'>{{name}}</span>",
          "squad": "<span class='mm_e'>{{name}}</span>",
          "oneself": "",
          "lostally":  "<textformat leading='-3'><span class='mm_dot'>{{vehicle-class}}</span>\n<span class='mm_la'> <i>{{name}}</i></span><textformat>",
          "lostteamkiller":  "<textformat leading='-3'><span class='mm_dot'>{{vehicle-class}}</span>\n<span class='mm_lt'> <i>{{name}}</i></span><textformat>",
          "lost":  "<textformat leading='-3'><span class='mm_dot'>{{vehicle-class}}</span>\n<span class='mm_l'>   <i>{{name}}</i></span><textformat>",
          "lostsquad":  "<textformat leading='-3'><span class='mm_dot'>{{vehicle-class}}</span><span class='mm_ls'>  <i>{{name}}</i></span><textformat>",
          "deadally":  "<textformat leading='-3'><span class='mm_dot'>{{vehicle-class}}</span><textformat>",
          "deadteamkiller":  "<textformat leading='-3'><span class='mm_dot'>{{vehicle-class}}</span><textformat>",
          "deadenemy": "<textformat leading='-3'><span class='mm_dot'>{{vehicle-class}}</span><textformat>",
          "deadsquad": "<textformat leading='-3'><span class='mm_dot'>{{vehicle-class}}</span><textformat>"
        },

Thank you... will try it,,, will also probably mess up everything - hahaha... but well... I'll try it...

LATER EDIT: To my surprise it worked just great (well, had to activate the minimap alt mode too in hotkeys.xc, but it worked). :D