Got a warning from WG about illegal mod use

So I received a first time warning about using mods in WOWs yesterday. It claimed that I was using an illegal mod. I have only ever used Aslains mod tool to install the mods that WG allows for WOWs. I use the carousel mod, the HBAO mod and the tech tree more. I was curious as to why I would receive this message. I think the HBAO mod allows me to hit F10 and bring up other shaders. I think this is what WG had in mind. But I've never seen this until the last update. Could you let me know as I don't want a second strike since I have a shit load of money invested in this game.

Thx!!!

• Administrator

No point to analyze mods in the modpack since all of them allowed. Start to search your pc for real problem. 

Have you ever shared you computer with someone else who could install things on your pc, or provided your game login/pass to someone else?

Also keep in mind the ban can be for something you had long time ago (few months back). It's not an instant warning for something you have installed currently.

If I were you I would unsinstall all programs that are changing graphics driver (i.e. SweetFx, ReShade, Nvidia experience and others). Change password to game account in case it was compromised (hacker could use it, to log in your account from a comptuer filler with cheats). Scan your PC for viruses too.

13 minutes ago, Aslain said:

No point to analyze mods in the modpack since all of them allowed. Start to search your pc for real problem. 

Have you ever shared you computer with someone else who could install things on your pc, or provided your game login/pass to someone else?

Also keep in mind the ban can be for something you had long time ago (few months back). It's not an instant warning for something you have installed currently.

If I were you I would unsinstall all programs that are changing graphics driver (i.e. SweetFx, ReShade, Nvidia experience and others). Change password to game account in case it was compromised (hacker could use it, to log in your account from a comptuer filler with cheats). Scan your PC for viruses too.

1) I don't share my PC with anyone.

2) I have never used SweetFX or Reshade for any computer game or any other graphics injector for that matter in a number of years...at least 10 years.

3) Ran a full virus sweep and nothing came back.

I have only ever ran Aslains mod pack for this game and no other pack.

• Administrator

I don't know what was the real reason, and if you are telling the truth. I wish to help you more, but I can't. You have to deal with WG about this. I can only ensure you it's not the mods from my modpack. I also know WG is never wrong about it. I'm friends with WG, we cooperate. It would be crazy to ban for my mods at the same time no?

Wargaming is of absolutely no help in this matter. They will not even list what mod was causing it. I have never installed any other mod other than the ones that are available through your installer. I am trying to be transparent in this matter as to figure out what has caused this. I have no reason to cheat in any game that I play. Why would I? The game becomes boring if one were to do that. Not like playing a single player of Starcraft or Simcity 4 where you just want to have fun in a game by giving yourself god like powers once you finish it.

48 minutes ago, Capt_Oveur said:

Just posted under the pinned illegal mods entry that may be relevant. AMD GPUs usually come with a full software suite and not just the driver. Do you have FXAA installed? It used to be bundled with ATI (now AMD) GPUs AND it's banned by WG.

Where did they state that it's banned by WG?

Nvidia has their Nvidia Experience.. and it's allowed.

I don't see why AMD's version would be any different.

"FXAA Tool" is a program - not by either of those.

FXAA by itself, is "Fast Approximate Anti-Aliasing (FXAA) is an anti-aliasing algorithm created by Timothy Lottes at NVIDIA."

On his screenshots (in the other thread), he's using "Multisampling", which is shortened by "MSAA".

20 hours ago, Quaksen said:

Where did they state that it's banned by WG?

It was allegedly in one of the responses he got from WG Customer Service:

"Hello again,

Some old mods can still be somewhere in the game folder and still causing some issues. So clean install is the only way to make sure that there is no third party software that may interfere with the game. For example, SweetFX, ReShade, ENBSeries, FXAA Tool that are normally harmless, can create extra .dll files in the game folder, that is why it is essential to verify their presence on your computer. The subsidiary risk is also mods that change script.zip file.
Before applying such restrictions, the Administration makes detailed verification to confirm the facts of violations. There are no mistakes. 
Please note that continued use of prohibited mods will result in a game suspension on your game account.

We thank you for your cooperation and understanding in regards to this matter. "

1 hour ago, WhskyTangoFxtrot said:

Same here.  Been using Aslains modpack for years now without problems and have ~4000 games under my belt.  I do have reshade on my computer, but I don't use it with World of Warships... I use it in Diablo 3 to make the game look more grim.

thats not a good idea using reshade with D3 sooner or later you will get tagged by their anti cheat software and get banned. thats why when ever i use cheat engine i make sure i dont have blizzards app running or anything while i fudge around in my single player games like skyrim and fallout.

25 minutes ago, Capt_Oveur said:

It was allegedly in one of the responses he got from WG Customer Service:

I saw that part - please read it carefully. And please read my message carefully.

"FXAA Tool" (a program, not related to AMD or Nvidia) is NOT the same as the graphics option called "FXAA" (Nvidia's option)