Zoom: Faster to Instant

On 1/25/2019 at 10:55 AM, Battlenat0r said:

search for

<StandardAnimator>
                    <time>

Sounds easy...for someone that programs. :/  Um, I guess that's why I'm requesting the mod, heheh, just seeing if it blooms in someone else's mind's eye and they go for it.  That said, I have a suite of other inspired mod requests in my post history.  Maybe they're just as easy or worthy of the employment of someone's abilities? (really hopes)  Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

With your camera mod installed, open "World of Warships\res_mods\0.8.0.1\camerasConsumer.xml" with any text editor.

Search for "SnakeTail_zoomin", change "time" to 0 if you want instant, or 0.15 like i use if u want almost instant.

Like so:

<id> SnakeTail_zoomin </id>
                <StandardAnimator>
                    <time> 0.15 </time>
                    <easing> CubicOut </easing>
                </StandardAnimator>

Repeat with "SnakeTail_zoomout", that's near zoom in.

Enjoy.

• 1 month later...
On 2/7/2019 at 9:42 AM, X33STORM said:

With your camera mod installed, open "World of Warships\res_mods\0.8.0.1\camerasConsumer.xml" with any text editor.

Search for "SnakeTail_zoomin", change "time" to 0 if you want instant, or 0.15 like i use if u want almost instant.

Like so:

<id> SnakeTail_zoomin </id>
                <StandardAnimator>
                    <time> 0.15 </time>
                    <easing> CubicOut </easing>
                </StandardAnimator>

Repeat with "SnakeTail_zoomout", that's near zoom in.

Enjoy.

This worked great for a while then suddenly it caused sign-in issues.  There's a loading page before it shows your sign-in email address and password entry and would stall at 75% there.  When I ran the support-fix it undid these zoomin/zoomout changes and started up normally.

Any chance this could be added as a mod so "all this work" could be skipped and errors of this sort are avoided?  Feels great with the faster zooming.

On 3/17/2019 at 8:05 PM, noobtatokun said:

This worked great for a while then suddenly it caused sign-in issues.  There's a loading page before it shows your sign-in email address and password entry and would stall at 75% there.  When I ran the support-fix it undid these zoomin/zoomout changes and started up normally.

Any chance this could be added as a mod so "all this work" could be skipped and errors of this sort are avoided?  Feels great with the faster zooming.

Uninstall all mods and then verify the game cache. Log on once successfully, then you can exit and reinstall mods. I changed my zoom settings per this thread, and haven't had that occurence relating to that change directly. Note that I changed the zoomin and zoomout settings on the camerasConsumer.xml in the res folder, and keep an identical version in res_mods.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2019 at 12:28 AM, torsitch said:

Uninstall all mods and then verify the game cache. Log on once successfully, then you can exit and reinstall mods. I changed my zoom settings per this thread, and haven't had that occurence relating to that change directly. Note that I changed the zoomin and zoomout settings on the camerasConsumer.xml in the res folder, and keep an identical version in res_mods.

Tried this, still failed again the same way: stalling at 75% "Loading Game".  Not sure why it worked for a few weeks then got touchy about the camerasConsumer.xml file being modified....  Strange, right?

Would still love to see this as a mod that shows in-game so you can alter zoom-in/out speed between battles like you do your flags, etc.  Could be huge.  Not sure why no one's biting on this one.

On 4/10/2019 at 9:35 PM, Battlenat0r said:

You have incompatible mods installed or you have edited something that makes the mod stall.
Stil camera works for me, and I have almoist instant zoom, no issues for me. 

camerasConsumer.xml 41.64 kB · 0 downloads

I was using the same mods during the phase when this camerasConsumer.xml modification worked as the phase when it stopped working and stalled out at the loading screen. 

And this begs the question: what mods could possibly be incompatible with a simple xml edit, anyways?  (And again, one that used to work and now doesn't....with the same Aslain mods used; and I only did this one particular, prescribed xml edit........)

Edited by noobtatokun
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2019 at 1:53 PM, X33STORM said:

Either you made an error in the editing, or you are not using an up to date camerasConsumer.xml with your changes.

I do however know there can be some issues with 0.0 values, and you might try a 0.1 for better fluidity.

I tried the edit again.  I think the problem was the editor of choice.  This time around I first opened the xml with Notepad and it failed the same way. Right after that I simply opened the xml with Wordpad, the edits were already in there so I just saved it and it worked, no stalling/freezing at loading screen.

I will say I found that 0.0 values were too abrupt and made aiming difficult at times; 0.1 for both zoom-in and zoom-out were comfortable though imo.

Edited by noobtatokun