Unable to click certain elements in port

This happens after playing a round : Certain buttons will not work.  One consistent one -  the "i" button on the bottom right, Does not click. Randomly, I cannot click a ship, have to go through tech tree. Also in game, randomly, the consumables icons are missing. 
Did repair, no change.
Game works fine in safe mode. 
I removed most of the mods including anything in port screens. 
I'll keep rotating mods out and see, but so far, no luck. 

Aslains_WoWs_Logs.zip

This happens after playing a round : Certain buttons will not work.  One consistent one -  the "i" button on the bottom right, Does not click. Randomly, I cannot click a ship, have to go through tech tree. Also in game, randomly, the consumables icons are missing. 
Did repair, no change.
Game works fine in safe mode. 
I removed most of the mods including anything in port screens. 
I'll keep rotating mods out and see, but so far, no luck. 

odd, I didn't do anything.  
Observations:   The issue only starts after I play a game and return to port. Also the "i" button on the bottom right,  it 'ignores' the mouse completely (no glow)
I reran the log, so that one is 'pure' after load. I will run a game and repost the log 

It's weird, if I exit the battle before the  final screens, it doesn't happen. If it finishes,  something seems to trigger it.  So, at least for my narrowing it down, now it sounds less like a port mod. I'll let you know if I figure anything out, but since no one else is mentioning it, I'll presume it's on my end.

32 minutes ago, rustyhaze said:

It's weird, if I exit the battle before the  final screens, it doesn't happen. If it finishes,  something seems to trigger it.  So, at least for my narrowing it down, now it sounds less like a port mod. I'll let you know if I figure anything out, but since no one else is mentioning it, I'll presume it's on my end.

I am having the same issue too. I didn't mention it because the issue was stated. Happen the last battle. Could not exit back to port at the end unless I hit ESC on keyboard.

Aslains_WoWs_Logs.zip

Edited by wade_gaskins

Good day. I would like to report a bug causing UI elements to be hardly clickable. They still work sometimes but it's like running a potato PC where they rarely register clicks to them. This would happen quite common after doing any Scenario quest. As far as my tests go, it never occurred outside of that. Now I tried disabling mods one at a time and after countless installs, I found out the cause was Nomogram sight. (And sadly it was the last mod I disabled which was frustrating lol.) I thought it was the missing Smoke indicator from Alt Hud but nah, that was a different thing. It happened sometime before 8.1, I think. And another detrimental effect to it: Playing any match, including Training Battles, will have a high chance to freeze on load and you'd have to Task Manager or something. That's because the game produces a message saying critical error, most likely a memory leak, when I read the Crash logs. There's also a side effect that even if matches load, I have a hard time repositioning UI elements using Ctrl + click, not that anyone would do that during a match, but it's worth noting.

Sometime before 8.1. Wasn't using Nomogram for a while now and using base game Dynamic. And you might've not been playing scenarios often? Since that's the only mode that it will cause the bug.

On a side note: I wished there was a function to just enable/disable mods without reinstalling. >.>

Edited by Anonymous Ket
Added info.

I recall seeing this issue a couple of weeks ago. I did not investigate it further, but I suspect it *may* be related to Nomogram's dynamic crosshairs. I quit using that crosshair because it was causing terrible graphics performance (especially in scenarios), and since I quit using it I haven't seen this issue either.

The "keep_calm" dynamic crosshair is a good alternative. Maybe give that a try and see if this issue disappears as well.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, HockeyPhool said:

I recall seeing this issue a couple of weeks ago. I did not investigate it further, but I suspect it *may* be related to Nomogram's dynamic crosshairs. I quit using that crosshair because it was causing terrible graphics performance (especially in scenarios), and since I quit using it I haven't seen this issue either.

The "keep_calm" dynamic crosshair is a good alternative. Maybe give that a try and see if this issue disappears as well.

Yeah I am using Nomogram's dynamic crosshairs too. So that is 1 thing us three have in common.

• Administrator

The author of Nomogram asked for this:

1. Install his mod (Nomogram) exclusively, without any other mods and play until you experience this problem. Try to click for a few times on that elements which aren't working for you then exit the game client. In case of graphical issues, make a screenshot and attach too.

2. Generate logs using my logs archiver and attach in this topic.

3. Zip res_mods folder which is in the game installation folder, and attach here in this topic.

Glad it's the same case for most of you. Now to find a martyr to play a scenario that bugs.
 >.>

For someone who'll test here are some prominent buggy items:
The "i" on lower right.
Selecting some ships on carousel.
Moving HUD elements during game using Ctrl + Click (tested it with Autospy's Ship HP thingy + commander skills) also the Secondary Weapon status.
Generally slow response on most buttons.

Edited by Anonymous Ket
Added info

Ran it three times with no issues that I can see. Looks good. I'm going to load the mod set and blap away..

I've been playing for awhile with my usual mod set, and the above file with no problems at all. 

Edited by rustyhaze