Nomogram Dynamic Crosshair - Above/Below explanation?

Since the original post on the .ru forums is no longer, i haven't quite been able to figure out what the top and bottom figures are supposed to be used.

Could you include a short description with it?

Assume maybe one's for the faraway fast DD's, and other is normal?

38 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

The marks on top of the line is for a ship sailing 30 knots and the bottom marks are for 20 knots.

And the space between the lines is for shell travel time to the target sailing 30 or 20.

And you also use the bottom scale for DDs. The explanation was if DDs 10 sec away and DD is travelling at 40 knots you double the scale. So in this case you would shoot at 20 on the bottom scale. Then you would have to learn the difference between the different ships lika always.

Edited by peppesbodega2

Yeah, and there's also something if you are firing on a 35 knot ship, then it's halfway between 30 on top and 40 on bottom or so.. something along those lines.

And that's where the enemy ship info panel really helps, since it displays the top speed of them - you still have to look at their smoke stacks though, to see if they're on max gas, or if they're using engine boost in most DD's cases and so on.

On 3/13/2019 at 1:45 AM, peppesbodega2 said:

I cant understand russian but it seems correct as to how we explained it above.

Nomogram.png.1ff655690c472d9ea4e8917318c69db0.png

Neither can I. That's a very helpful visual description for uising the Nomogram dynamic crosshair, so thank you for this translated, cleaned-up, and larger version!

I think I'll look into how to modify the in-game mod for my own personal use -- to add a form of those markers to the grid lines, that is.

Edited by torsitch