I can't register in this forum -seriously!

Hi, again ;)

Over a Year ago I tried to register in this forum because of a problem with the modpack. But it wasn't possible because I didn't receive a confirmation e-mail.

Today the same but I remembered the problem. So I used the e-mail from my girlfriend and it works. Is it possible that you've blocked gmx.de?

Of course I checked the spam.

I could change my e-mail here now, but then i probably still don't get mails.

Pls help.

Hi ;)

Before I could write GMX I told a friend about the problem (He does that or something similar in his job.). 5 minutes after he wanted your domain from me, he told me he probably found the problem.

Here is his solution:

You should change the DNS TXT record for aslain.com from "v=spf1 a mx ~all" to "v=spf1 a mx ?all". The "~all" means that it
should fail but be treated generously. This seems to mean for GMX to just fail. "?all" means that other servers may send an
e-mail but should not be treated as "verified senders". After the change has been done, you should try it out with a GMX
address to check whether the A or MX record actually were used while sending e-mails from this domain. It might be, that the
e-mails were sent from a different IP and all other servers don't filter it out as aggressively as GMX does.

I hope this will help.

Please let me know if that was the problem and it works now.

Edited by Faith
  • Administrator
6 hours ago, Faith said:

Hi ;)

Before I could write GMX I told a friend about the problem (He does that or something similar in his job.). 5 minutes after he wanted your domain from me, he told me he probably found the problem.

Here is his solution:

You should change the DNS TXT record for aslain.com from "v=spf1 a mx ~all" to "v=spf1 a mx ?all". The "~all" means that it
should fail but be treated generously. This seems to mean for GMX to just fail. "?all" means that other servers may send an
e-mail but should not be treated as "verified senders". After the change has been done, you should try it out with a GMX
address to check whether the A or MX record actually were used while sending e-mails from this domain. It might be, that the
e-mails were sent from a different IP and all other servers don't filter it out as aggressively as GMX does.

I hope this will help.

Please let me know if that was the problem and it works now.

Applied the change, try it out. 

I stopped getting email notifications a long time ago and I have a gmx account too.  I subscribed to this post and just go the new post notification.  So your change fixed my problem.:glasses:

Oh...and the emails were never put into spam/junk mail...they were probably delivered into a black hole in sector 9...or to the Dark Star....

Very nice that it helped others, but it doesn't work for me.

Today my e-mail address was no longer blocked by the forum so I tried to change it for this account , but I don't receive any e-mail.

I hope you've still an idea because the only support I've found at gmx is about 5 € per call.

Can you send me an e-mail manually?

Maybe you get an error message that helps me or later can be helpful to gmx support.

Write me if it is possible then I send you a message with my gmx e-mail address.

Many thanks for your effort.

9 hours ago, Faith said:

Very nice that it helped others, but it doesn't work for me.

Today my e-mail address was no longer blocked by the forum so I tried to change it for this account , but I don't receive any e-mail.

I hope you've still an idea because the only support I've found at gmx is about 5 € per call.

Can you send me an e-mail manually?

Maybe you get an error message that helps me or later can be helpful to gmx support.

Write me if it is possible then I send you a message with my gmx e-mail address.

Many thanks for your effort.

Simple solution is to use another email address, like hotmail or google

• 1 month later...