WOT Announcement today(April 24th) of newly banned cheat mods

Of course it will.

The two mods in question will be removed when modpack is updated for WoT 1.5. (A good month before the actual FPP changes turn into effect)

The mods are not yet considered cheat mods. They will be on the 1st of June.

• Upvote 2

Just to touch on this subject Quaksen: do you know if are WG treating the 1st of June as a kind of year zero event in that any use of these mods that were in the pack prior to 1.5 will not be penalised by them in some retrospective purge?  I'm assuming not given there's been no beef with Aslain's content up to now but you know what they say about making assumptions...

Edited by Egg
3 minutes ago, Egg said:

Just to touch on this subject Quaksen: do you know if are WG treating the 1st of June as a kind of year zero event in that any use of these mods that were in the pack prior to 1.5 will not be penalised by them in some retrospective purge?  I'm assuming not given there's been no beef with Aslain's content up to now but you know what they say about making assumptions...

Per the article, it says they're doing a banwave with the current policy, before switching to the new one at June 1st.

If you use the mods on June 1st, and forward, you'll be penalized.

It's a non issue for Aslain's modpack - he'll remove the mods when 1.5 is released, a month before the policy takes effect.

They never did any retro purge - doing it retro would be INSANE :D

(Imagine doing a retro law, saying that anyone that has gone outside during the summer, would be executed, hehe.. extreme example, but it proves it well enough)

1 hour ago, Quaksen said:

They never did any retro purge - doing it retro would be INSANE :D

(Imagine doing a retro law, saying that anyone that has gone outside during the summer, would be executed, hehe.. extreme example, but it proves it well enough)

More than likely some fake news I'd read then :D

Cheers for clarifying.

Edited by Egg
Just now, Egg said:

More than likely some fake news I'd read then :D

Cheers for clarifying.

You're welcome!

And yeah, they do warn in advance, gives people a chance to remove the mods if they use them, and when it comes to Aslain's modpack, 1.5 pretty much forces everyone to reinstall.. and if they just rename the folder, it's on their own hands.

59 minutes ago, williamb06 said:

Which are the two mods that would violate the new policy? I am just curious...

closest enemy indicator and minimap gun directions.

Also marker mods (that renders outside of draw distance).
https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/fair-play-policy-update-april-2019/
https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/fair-play-policy-update-0419/
https://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/general-news/fair-play-policy-update/

21 minutes ago, Interface2037 said:

What do you think about the "Spotted vehicle direction on aim circle" mod?  Is it safe to use?  http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/441147-1301-spotted-vehicle-direction-on-aim-circle/

Aslain already reached out to get clarification on that.

As long as it's in the modpack, it's safe to use. Remember, there's over a full month until the rules are going into effect.

46 minutes ago, LULzZiLLa said:

Kudos to Wargaming, they are doing the right thing!

2019 so far Wargaming is doing great :)

2016 Wargaming called. They want to point out that they made illegal things legal, that they are turning illegal again. :D

2019 Wargaming called. They want to point out they added a forbidden feature, as a feature into the French wheeled vehicles.

what about the mod that shows in team chat that you were hit by enemy arty and when that arty will be reloaded?  i can sorta see it falling under the third item on the list in the article.

• Alerting you when spotted vehicles are reloading, including displaying an enemy's reloading timer

Edited by stussy
1 minute ago, stussy said:

what about the mod that shows in team chat that you were hit by enemy arty and when that arty will be reloaded?  i can sorta see it falling under the third item on the list in the article.

Unchanged. It's still only the 3 mods being listed in the articles that are 'new', rest is old and unchanged, even if it has new wording.

You're presented with a static number. Not a timer that counts down. And WG said that is fine, and it's unchanged for this Policy Update.

22 hours ago, Ress said:

At first glance I thought that the XVM minimap option for showing icons of destroyed vehicles on the minimap also would violate the new rules. But then I reread the sentence where it states "on the playing field", which is not the minimap (I assume).

Can you confirm whether this is a correct assumption ?

5 hours ago, BattleHook said:

At first glance I thought that the XVM minimap option for showing icons of destroyed vehicles on the minimap also would violate the new rules. But then I reread the sentence where it states "on the playing field", which is not the minimap (I assume).

Can you confirm whether this is a correct assumption ?

Playing field is not the minimap, no. Playing field is where you are driving your tank, the battlefield.

Minimap is the map in the corner, which is entirely different - and the option you're talking about - it's part of the vanilla client for the minimap.

(Edit: I thought they were part of the vanilla map, but it's just last known positions there are, figured dead ones would be too on the minimap.. but it doesn't change anything, it's still not part of it, and it's also a 2+ year old rule still)

Edited by Quaksen
Added part about minimap in ()
5 minutes ago, Suicide_Commando said:

I'm a bit confused about the updated words:

Wouldn't that be the white models again?

It's still just the 3 mentioned mods that are added to the list. Rest is unchanged, or they would make an example too.

Making the objects destroyed is more a case of showing on minimap when trees are destroyed on the playing field, for example.

On 4/25/2019 at 8:22 PM, Quaksen said:

2016 Wargaming called. They want to point out that they made illegal things legal, that they are turning illegal again. :D

2019 Wargaming called. They want to point out they added a forbidden feature, as a feature into the French wheeled vehicles.

I trust Wargaming (more) ;)

About Auto-Aim: I think auto-aim mods are at least questionable if not illegal.

I would like to see them exclusively on wheeled tanks and auto-aim mods classified as illegal. But i will not speculate just saying Wargaming is going in the right direction :)

4 minutes ago, LULzZiLLa said:

I trust Wargaming (more) ;)

About Auto-Aim: I think auto-aim mods are at least questionable if not illegal.

I would like to see them exclusively on wheeled tanks and auto-aim mods classified as illegal. But i will not speculate just saying Wargaming is going in the right direction :)

Trust Wargaming more than what? Nothing in my quote says anything weird.

None of the auto-aim mods in the modpack are questionable at all. There's no snapping adding. The snapping is exclusively on the wheeled tanks.

1 minute ago, FullTank said:

Did Aslain clarify the aim direction on the mini-map?  I heard they meant you can't show aim direction of all tanks.  Just the ones that are being spotted by allies and they have line of site on.

Pretty sure that mod needs no clarification at all - it's going to be gone.

The policy says "direction of guns" - not enemy or allies specified.

On 4/28/2019 at 12:01 PM, Quaksen said:

Pretty sure that mod needs no clarification at all - it's going to be gone.

The policy says "direction of guns" - not enemy or allies specified.

The showing of where the guns are pointing on the mini map should have always been a banned mod. Gives the user of the mod a unfair advantage, especially when dealing with tanks you know have slow turret rotation.

Just now, Optimized_Tomato said:

The showing of where the guns are pointing on the mini map should have always been a banned mod. Gives the user of the mod a unfair advantage, especially when dealing with tanks you know have slow turret rotation.

Yup. It was actually bannable before the Fair Play Policy, on all servers, except for EU.

Like if you were an NA streamer, you could get banned for it, is my understanding.

And then FPP came along - and made it legal! Like what was WG thinking, lol.