WOT Launcher....

Why is everyone so afraid of the Game Center... I don't get it.

Anyways, it wouldn't really be a mod at all, but a seperate program you're asking for?

You can probably just make a shortcut to the Worldoftanks.exe file, if you want to start outside of the Game Center, though I don't really get the issue with the Game Center.

I see the benefits of the program BUT for me, it is a program I never use. I play WOT and WOT only, the program is therefore useless. I have updates when I launch the program, I have all the news when launching the program... Why do I need this EXTRA program?

I hear all of you but...

If I make a shortcut to the worldoftanks.exe file this will leave me without the news!

And then you'll have issues when there's patches, instead of just getting them nice and easy.

You use the Launcher, right? Then you'll just use the Game Center instead. Same shit, different name.

The program is hardly useless even if it's just WoT being played.

You already have an extra program - now you will just have a different extra program and not have the first one. :D

@GolKosh
If you only play WoT and don't care about CT clients you can still use old wot launcher. (since it's still available)

You can grab old WoTLauncher using WMCleaner (EU, NA, RU or Asia), and just extract it to your wot folder. (that's how i am avoiding game center since v1.0)

Uninstall game center and re-check your game client using wotlauncher or wgcleaner, you might need to re-download some files.
But you will be able to avoid game center garbage completely. :grin:

However it's best to do complete unistall of game to avoid issues, but you can also keep game files and uninstall only game center, it's up to you.

(so many companies forcing their own launchers upon us... ubisoft, epicgames, bethesda, wargaming...etc)

EDIT (19/10/2019) : Had to download WoT again, this method still works. (patch 1.6.1.1)

• Like 1

@Ress

I used the older files and updated the game from there, so yes I still use the Launcher. I never had any issues with it... Thx for this. I will have a go on my new computer in a few months when installing the wot... Thx m8

And no I didn't use WMCleaner before. Will look into it.

12 hours ago, Quaksen said:

You already have an extra program - now you will just have a different extra program and not have the first one. :D

Extra program or not, but when you launch WOT (pressing PLAY) this launcher goes away and doesn't stay in the system tray. For me, it isn't about just another program to use or any of that. Why we need this center? If you play test servers, clan wars, wowp, wows or any of the other games from WG then fine, it could work. But I don't...

It is the same as Microsoft did years ago by telling everybody to use their browser for the internet. Then this Dutch woman came and said NO! Now we can use Chrome or Firefox. :expressionless:

4 minutes ago, GolKosh said:

It is the same as Microsoft did years ago by telling everybody to use their browser for the internet. Then this Dutch woman came and said NO! Now we can use Chrome or Firefox. :expressionless:

It's not the same with Microsoft. You ALWAYS had a choice in browsers. Nothing ever prevented you from using another browser.

7 minutes ago, GolKosh said:

Extra program or not, but when you launch WOT (pressing PLAY) this launcher goes away and doesn't stay in the system tray. For me, it isn't about just another program to use or any of that. Why we need this center? If you play test servers, clan wars, wowp, wows or any of the other games from WG then fine, it could work. But I don't...

Are you feeling the performance impact of a program that uses 0% cpu, and barely any memory at all? I doubt it.

The ease of logging in, and it's probably more secure too, since I wouldn't trust the "save password" option in the game itself.

It's just a different launcher. It's still a launcher. *shrugs* I don't get the issue here.

2 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

It's not the same with Microsoft. You ALWAYS had a choice in browsers. Nothing ever prevented you from using another browser.

Are you feeling the performance impact of a program that uses 0% cpu, and barely any memory at all? I doubt it.

The ease of logging in, and it's probably more secure too, since I wouldn't trust the "save password" option in the game itself.

It's just a different launcher. It's still a launcher. *shrugs* I don't get the issue here.

That's ok, no problem.

You might as well get used to the Game Center.. if they're changing Common Test to use it, it won't be too long before they'll switch the regular client to it too, like I think they already did with Warplanes? Not sure about Warships.

nope... My choice, not WG to decide what programs I run on MY computer! :scream:

For now, it is fine, I still have my Launcher. If that is gone, I use the WMCleaner and get the Launcher back. If that isn't possible there is always worldoftanks.exe shortcut.

My computer, my rules!

And like I said earlier, I uninstall wowp and wows BECAUSE of the game center and quit playing it AND I don't do common tests...

Your computer, your rules.

Their game, their rules.

Wanna play their game, have to play by their rules, or not play it.

Right? :)

I really don't get your "hate" towards the Game Center...

You can turn everything off inside of it, so there's nothing being shared from your computer in terms of helping distribute large updates for example.

To each their own.

Am 17.5.2019 um 12:05 PM schrieb Quaksen:

Your computer, your rules.

Their game, their rules.

Wanna play their game, have to play by their rules, or not play it.

Right? :)

I really don't get your "hate" towards the Game Center...

You can turn everything off inside of it, so there's nothing being shared from your computer in terms of helping distribute large updates for example.

To each their own.

Accept that USER does not want advertising power in the game center. It's enough advertising in the hangar.

3 hours ago, Selggiw said:

Accept that USER does not want advertising power in the game center. It's enough advertising in the hangar.

But there's "advertising" in the Launcher too? *shrug*

And noone is forcing you to read any of it, before clicking play.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Quaksen:

But there's "advertising" in the Launcher too? *shrug*  ---> probably too much

And noone is forcing you to read any of it, before clicking play.

But, but, but ....
Nothing but.

The GC was designed specifically for this "mass" of advertising.

The launcher is enough.
Now rebuilt for CT games for me.
So far without problems.

Just accept this opinion.
There is "nothing" that I can not achieve without GC.

As a "WoT player" I see no advantage.
But on the contrary.