Instant Crash

20 hours ago, Aslain said:

Mods cannot cause BSOD that I know for sure. Maybe your PC is not capable to run those you selected, and your hardware is failing (overheating, driver issues etc.).

I don't know if devs checking this forums.

shouldn't be the case since it can run exactly the same mods before. hell, i'm actually running LESS mods now. so for some reason what was able to run before 1.5 (the last time i played before recently) somehow ceased to run now. 

First crashing and now BSOD (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION)?
well damn...check/scan all your drives, check you SATA/IDE interface/drivers, try updating/reinstalling chipset/ssd drivers.

What Is DPC Watchdog Violation Error?
DPC Watchdog Violation (error code: DPC_Watchdog_Violation) is a common issue in the Windows operating system. 
It’s occurred due to some specific reasons, like unsupported SSD firmware, old SSD driver version, 
hardware incompatibility issues, or system files are corrupted.

This is not modpack issue...you have issue with your OS/Hardware.

• Upvote 1

everything is up to date so far. and there are no issues. the only thing that's triggering issues right now is when i run WoT with mods. Win10 is up to date. all drivers are up to date. the only major change this year is my laptop's keyboard getting repaired, so the SSD and harddisk was briefly unplugged for a month while it was in the shop. if the issues stem from there then i would be getting BSOD outside WoT...except for the sole reason that it really only happens when i run WoT with mods now. the WoT files were moved from an internal HDD to an external HDD.

so to re-summarize:

-i moved WoT files to another HDD (should have no issues)

-drivers and Win10 are up to date

-modpacks installed are as up to date as possible

-game is up to date

-game refuses to run with mods and freezes/crashes on loading screen, occasionally blue-screening after that.

-game still refuses to run mods after a complete reinstall of game client and modpack

-game runs perfectly normal on safe mode/vanilla (complete uninstall of modpack). noticeable lack of BSOD.

-therefore the game client has nothing wrong with it

-if hardware/drivers are the cause to the BSOD, i should be getting BSOD even when not playing WoT. but it did not BSOD, even under noticeably heavier usage (eg: running BFV, opening 20 tabs on chrome while running WoT vanilla, whatever). therefore it is not a driver/hardware issue.

-therefore the source of why the mod is not working remains unknown

-Ress notices some "weird code" on my older logs. perhaps that's related to the issue?

did i get everything @Aslain @Ress ? ps: will be travelling to UK for a week so might not check the forums as often.

Edited by Wolvenworks
5 hours ago, Wolvenworks said:

-Ress notices some "weird code" on my older logs. perhaps that's related to the issue?

Please stop quoting me on that, i was adressing BodiDeNiro on that part, not your logs.

-drivers and Win10 are up to date

-modpacks installed are as up to date as possible

-game is up to date

Keeping your game, modpack, drivers, OS, whatever else up2date is all nice,
but having stuff updated won't magically fix some issues, especially not faulty hardware.
You still claim it's modpack's issue? Fine, post latest logs (your latest logs are from modpack Version:1.5.1.1.01).

-if hardware/drivers are the cause to the BSOD, i should be getting BSOD even when not playing WoT. but it did not BSOD, even under noticeably heavier usage therefore it is not a driver/hardware issue.

Faulty hardware/drivers works in misterious ways. :kiss_wink:
(Loading/filling your ram/pagefile and having some rom reads from drive are not same thing as actually troubleshooting stuff).

Since you have internal ssd + internal hdd + external hdd you should be able to troubleshoot that external hdd, if you care about it...
example1: plug external on different port,
example2: try different data/power cable,
example3: plug external on different PC,
example4: ultimately move game back to internal storage then restart laptop and unplug external hdd, reinstall modpack

If you actually tested that external drive and still having crashes/BSOD on:
different port, different data/SATA/USB cable, different PC, back on internal storage
then i "might" believe you (not) it's modpacks issue.

Until you actually test that external (sinse that's where it all started) and post some updated logs,
you are not having modpack issues (also there would be dozens of reports about crashes and BSOD).

Now crashes could be tolerated as possible modpack issue to some extent (even then if could be drivers/third party software/etc),
but now that we are talking about BSOD...like cmon seriously modpack issue? :confused:

When you return from UK check that external.
Unless is modpack related we can only give you suggestions and vague support, we are not WG support to fix your client or IT guys to fix your PC over internet. :wink1:

Sry for long reply, but i feel we are running in circle...