Bug: WoT window freezes

Dear Aslain,

Since your modpack 1.5.1.1-11 up to and including -15, I am getting frequent WOT window freezes at random places during battles. On average, occurring every 2 - 3 battles (so horribly often). The window totally freezes, not getting even local control (eg. can't turn turret, as can happen when just lose internet). The mouse cursor turns into the hourglass, and the window's title bar gets the "not responding" suffix added to it.

If I wiggle the mouse and click, the entire window gets a 50% transparent white overlay. Still absolutely no response though. Waiting for a long time doesn't help.

If I click the big red  "X" (close button), I get the little Windows 7 popup box saying "program not responding, look for solution or close?".

I have to close the client, then restart it and log back in. That takes me back to the battle and I can finish it normally.

I have tried the WOT Check and Repair function, and have tried reinstalling the modpack with the first 4 boxes checked. Did not help.

===============

As a much less important issue, for months whenever I install a new modpack, I have to manually tick the "show results from previous battle". The installer always unticks it for me, presumably because it's incompatible with some other mod. I can't work out what mod it clashes with as I don't use any other message mods. Would you please let me know which one it's incompatible with?

================

Thanks,

HvT

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

• Administrator

Remove ATAC! mod, and try to play, let me know if this helped you.

It may look like an impression that the installer is not remembering it, but it's not like that. It's impossbile to check "show results from previous battle" if you are installing certain session stats, the installer will always uncheck it, and in fact it will never be installed as separate option because it's already included in session stats you have selected. That's why you think you have to check it every time, just don't do it.

Update. I started up a game in safe mod, and the same problem occurred. So I created an empty res_mods, and problem came again. Therefore, is NOT a modpack problem. Sorry to inconvenience you. Would appreciate answer to my little extra question re Previous battle result in messages.  Thanks.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Hans_von_Twitchy said:

The window totally freezes, not getting even local control (eg. can't turn turret, as can happen when just lose internet). The mouse cursor turns into the hourglass, and the window's title bar gets the "not responding" suffix added to it.

I was under the impression this is a bug with the game itself. About a week ago I had an in-game questionaire and it actually asked "Have you had problems with the game freezing" and later it asked "Do you still have problems with the game freezing". Originally I thought it was a problem with my graphics card but the fact that WG asked about it and also that I have heard other reports of the same thing happening even from people who never use mods at all, I have assumed it's a game bug. When it happens I find that rebooting fixes it for the rest of the night anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2019 at 4:04 AM, ZoeBallz said:

I was under the impression this is a bug with the game itself. About a week ago I had an in-game questionaire and it actually asked "Have you had problems with the game freezing" and later it asked "Do you still have problems with the game freezing". Originally I thought it was a problem with my graphics card but the fact that WG asked about it and also that I have heard other reports of the same thing happening even from people who never use mods at all, I have assumed it's a game bug. When it happens I find that rebooting fixes it for the rest of the night anyway.

I raised a WOT Support ticket about a week ago. So far they've had me try about 10 things (just the usual stuff, reinstall, latest drivers, etc), none of which have helped. I've still got the problem, which is a real pain.