0.8.5.1_2.exe/0.8.5.1_3.exe WoWs

Hello there Aslain, I would like to report some issues regarding the last two Mod updates of WoWs.

I am a consummate user of your Mods, both WoWs and WoT. In this last week when I tried to download the WoWs mod 8.5.1_ #2 and #3, my anti-virus found some issues with the mod file and also download mirrors #2 and #3.

I've been using your mods for over a year and a half now using the same Security program (kaspersky) and never encountered these issues both on WoWs and WoT

Now the last 2 updates (WoWs) where infected with UDS Backdoor and in one instant mod #3 even registered a Trojan.

When I downloaded the files (mirror#1) they where automatically deleted. When I set the setting to Override, it simply stated that the Program can't even open!

When I tried to download from different mirrors (#2 and #3), a page pops up saying "Access Denied, The requested URL cannot be provided" 

when I override that issue, the file started to download and when it finished the Security program simply deleted the file (as mentioned above)

Pls note that on the WoT Mods i've never had issues like this (I downloaded the last mod version yesterday), both files and mirrors.

Thanks for your support and mods and hope to overcome these issues as I'm an addict of your mods.

Untitled.png

Page.png

For whatever reason, Kaspersky is bitching about #02 and #03 modpacks, #01 is fine still.

Aslain runs a pretty strict ship when it comes to anything - and false positives (like this one) happens.

(It even happens with Windows system files sometimes.. there has been several times where anti-virus software has deleted important system files due to false positives)

• Upvote 1

Well after declaring the files as false positives, still the application was unable to start correctly.

Anyway, I hit alt-ctrl-del, ended every kaspersky process and installed the mod without a hitch. 

Thanks for the help guys and keep up the great work!

nostart.png