Got 2 trojans from 2 WoWS Modpack Downloads

Well title says it all. I downloaded the latest WoWS Modpack and got a trojan on my first download. Thought "okay normally this doesn't happen maybe it was an accident." My antivirus cleans up and restarts my PC. Another download another trojan. 

Im using Kaspersky Premium.

Never had any virus problems before with Aslain's Modpack :/

Edited by Koschi

Kaspersky is reporting it as a trojan - which is called a "false positive" - it thinks there's something, but there's not.

You can add it to exclusion list.

It's impossible to send the file to Kaspersky so they can remove the stupid detection.. it's the only software doing that right now.

On 8/2/2019 at 7:07 AM, Quaksen said:

It's impossible to send the file to Kaspersky so they can remove the stupid detection.. it's the only software doing that right now.

You can actually submit a file to Kaspersky if you have an account. I'll make a post in general discussion on how to do it. I actually just submitted the latest file (v8.6.0 #03) to them and they confirmed it was a false positive and have fixed this in their latest database update.

• Upvote 1

Really?

Both me and Aslain only found the same place to submit files, which only allows small files, like 20 MB or so.

So would appreciate a private message even, don't really think it's a general discussion thing - and thanks for getting that done :)

No problem, but sorry, I already posted it to general discussion, feel free to move it to a different forum. You have to submit a ticket to them, which I think you can only do with an account, not sure if non account holders could submit a ticket.

Edited by mike540