Decals for Customization Manager bug

• Administrator

Attach logs...

You mentioned bridge? What kind of hangar do you have? I tried to reproduce it but no issues on my side. I saw all that anchors and what not. Give me step by step routine and tell at which point the issue appears.

• Upvote 1

sorry let me research how to attach logs.

i use customization manager[now the fixed customization manager]

bridge is under? where the tank should be in the WG Fest garage(i think), but it's stopped happening since the fixed customization manager

Decals are fixed with the updates too.

Thank you !

A completely new install of WOT using only Aslain #5.   I've attached log archives of before and after -- a new Aslain load with Customization Manager and an archive where one change was made, removing Customization Manager.   I've also included screenshots of with and without.

I have run cache cleaner - no effect.

I even tried completely deleting the Worldoftanks folder under Appdata and forcing a rebuild -- same result.

Could use Auxilium -- but the unrestrained use of gold to satisfy a camo request was unacceptable (and I assume this is still the case).

I'm willing to try other combinations -- I did already remove all mods except this one but obtained the same result.  I'd hate to think I am missing something obvious -- but I have no idea what it would be.

Screenshot Customizing Tank with Customization Manager.jpg

Customizing Tank without Customization Manager.jpg

Aslains_WoT_Logs with Customization Manager.zip Aslains_WoT_Logs without Cuscomization Manager.zip

On 8/8/2019 at 3:30 PM, RaJCeL said:

Also a solution from other user from forum thread:
"It's a temporary bug, if I switch to some other tanks and back to that one which had the bug, bug is gone."

Confirmed.  I had to switch between 3 different tanks 4 times before clearing the bug -- and I now see an error that I hadnt seen before (not that I stare at the log files all of the time).  I've attached the python logfile but this error I hadnt seen before:

2019-08-10 10:32:52.251: WARNING: [gui.Scaleform.managers.SoundManager] Sound effect "effects.vehicle_changing" not found
2019-08-10 10:32:53.887: WARNING: [helpers.i18n] Arguments do not match string read by key ''#system_messages:customization/added/camouflageValue'': (6,)
2019-08-10 10:32:58.910: WARNING: [gui.Scaleform.managers.SoundManager] Sound effect "effects.vehicle_changing" not found

2019-08-10 10:33:28.596: ERROR: [gui.Scaleform.daapi.view.lobby.customization.vehicle_anchors_updater] Vehicle entity is not loaded/exist. 

python.log

4 minutes ago, kupjones said:

Confirmed.  I had to switch between 3 different tanks 4 times before clearing the bug -- and I now see an error that I hadnt seen before (not that I stare at the log files all of the time).  I've attached the python logfile but this error I hadnt seen before:

2019-08-10 10:32:52.251: WARNING: [gui.Scaleform.managers.SoundManager] Sound effect "effects.vehicle_changing" not found
2019-08-10 10:32:53.887: WARNING: [helpers.i18n] Arguments do not match string read by key ''#system_messages:customization/added/camouflageValue'': (6,)
2019-08-10 10:32:58.910: WARNING: [gui.Scaleform.managers.SoundManager] Sound effect "effects.vehicle_changing" not found

2019-08-10 10:33:28.596: ERROR: [gui.Scaleform.daapi.view.lobby.customization.vehicle_anchors_updater] Vehicle entity is not loaded/exist. 

python.log 27.23 kB · 0 downloads

Sadly, the switching back and forth does not effect a fix for the current game session.  Even after a tank shows up properly, it may revert back to the scene "under the bridge" - and sometimes one can even see a bicyclist ride by!

Kind of crazy behavior -- does Customization Manager store its data in ......\AppData\Roaming\Wargaming.net\WorldOfTanks?   I ask because I went in and swapped an older copy of that directory in and CM started working -- for awhile.   Its almost as if data is being corrupted or not written out correctly.

Plus I am seeing new errors in the python log (attached)

python.log

Edited by kupjones
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2019 at 12:29 PM, RaJCeL said:

I am back from my short vacations, so I will try to investigate the root cause in close future.

//EDIT:
Haven't found anything in logs and can't reproduce error, so it is hard to find anything to solve that... :(

Yes, very strange.  Is there a way to add some additional debugging that can be enabled/disabled through a JSON config file?   This only occurs in the hanger ....

Edited by kupjones
Followup:

.... Ok, I added Custom Manager back in after the 1.6.0.1 patch --- and it seems to be operating now as expected, but I'll keep working with it to see.   One thing I noticed that is different -- when switching  to "Exterior" mode there is a pause, the tank disappears from the "garage" (now the festival), one only sees the festival and a shadow where the tank was, then we switch into the Exterior modification mode.   Before all I saw was an immediate switch into that tunnel area.

I'm thinking WG did something odd and then "fixed" it in the recent patch.