audible hit mod

Wm_Raub

fergiv me if this is already available - I can't find it if it is - I would love to have an audible notice when my tank gets hit (along the lines of the reload 'up' mod). I get hyper-focused and can miss the visual cues and not notice I've lost a couple of hit points of health ;).  Would be something like 'bang' or 'ouch' - doesn't need to be a historically accurate audio copy of a 152 mm shell penetrating (heh, heh).

Hmm... the standard sound behaviour already has this, you definitely know when you take a hit, in fact the big issue I find is that a shot that takes your tracks off sounds the same as one that shaves off 90% of your HP...

Perhaps try a couple of games without mods in low tiers to see if the hit sound magically returns? 

25 minutes ago, kwh said:

Hmm... the standard sound behaviour already has this, you definitely know when you take a hit, in fact the big issue I find is that a shot that takes your tracks off sounds the same as one that shaves off 90% of your HP...

Perhaps try a couple of games without mods in low tiers to see if the hit sound magically returns? 

Great suggestion, thanks - gonna experiment with sound(s) settings.

That's sorta what I'm trying to find a fix for - it would be great for a mod to have an escalating scale of response, (I can dream, can't I?) some thing like, ouch . . . ooh, that smarts . . . yer killin' me! - 

I deal with ADHD and can easily get tunnel vision - the audible 'up' reload is a life saver, for me, because it takes quite a bit longer for the visual 'ready' to register, when I could be shooting. Having a very distinctive signal when I get hit, I think, would be helpful in my situational awareness - the current audible cues get lost in the other sounds of battle.