Gun sights

Hi, for almost a week now...my sights (mainly arty) have been WAY off..as in missing by a mile...is this MOD caused?  or did WOT crap on ARTY'S some more ?   very frustrating    as i used to hardly EVER miss...and NOW lucky to get 1 HIT in a game :(   went from # 1~4 player Everytime...to almost LAST   so SOMETHING has happened.   any advice appreciated.

tried melty  crosshair...now back to ingame crosshaor...but useing battle assistant....i will post my log...my tanks seem to have no aim point issue...but arty has changed a TON...like i said  went from 6+ hits /kills.....to 1 bounced shot  per game   Due to Shots missing mark by ALOT

Also, with aslain i am now getting a !  at logon  where i used to see a ping time for NA server...IF i look at the SA server there IS a ping time   so i GUESS i have 2 ISSUES.

will attach a pic of the logon issue...and my LOG file for the Gun missing by a MILE issue....

http://imgbox.com/geKmBwpt   <----  i tried useing the insert other media function..but it DIDNT work :(  Arghhh 

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

Edited by weedilt
kept trying to INSET my photo from a hosting site

ok...will try doing that  as i do not save replays  BUT do know how to keep last 1 played....bottom line is do not have 1 to show what it USED to be like anyway    ...it JUST misses VERY BAD now   UP..or LEFT..right...down...  No rhyme or reason.....

and the logon exclamation instead of ping  Picture should be self explanatory......  did you have a chance to Look at my log file?  if so,  were there any issues in there? ( i look through them..but, does not help me enough to find anything. 

thanks for reply...and i will see if i can get a game file....( but still will not really help you...as you have no idea what i was doing in this arty b4....so will just look like im shitty in it now )  :)

As Quaksen suggested, a replay would probably help the most.

I have 59,541 battles in arty (I know...tankers reading this now have a headache) and the only time I have ever experienced what you have described has been due to an internet connectivity issue.  I don't know exactly what the exclamation mark in the place of the ping number is, but I guess it means that the latency is too high for the game to operate in an acceptable manner.  Just a guess though.  That would definitely cause you to miss shots.

Make sure you have server crosshair enabled in the game client.  I would also install PMOD Server Crosshair from the modpack.  This will show you in game where the server crosshair is aiming as it can be different from the client crosshair aiming point.  If you have a slow internet connection you might have to wait a bit for the server crosshair to settle into the same spot as the client side crosshair.

I hope this helps you.  I didn't see anything that caught my attention in your logs, but by no means am I the most competent at reading logs.  Maybe Aslain or Quaksen or one of the other real modders will see something.

• Upvote 1

Thanks   ,  i GOT the EXCLAMATION !!   logon part fixed  it was battle assistant...for what ever reason..i THINK i needed to KEEP going to their site and RE enableing it...( has a limited time...but this was seemingly needing to be done every time i played it now) so, i removed it..issue gone....i have VERY fast internet speeds 500/25  BUT, am west coast us.  and the WOT us  servers are pretty much on the east coast ( even tho the CLAIM to be central)  and my ping is NOT great from the west coast  73   ... i have gone as far as to get rid of ALL SPG mods...aiming crosshair  etc...and use in game only ....   a bit better   BUT still something has changed very recently  BIG time...and only seems to be effecting the arty.

i will try all your methods too  Thanks

Again Thanks for ALL the help

Weed

Edited by weedilt

I play a lot of arty too , and I have noticed that when ive pinpointed my aim at tank it misses by a mile and im like wtf how he heck did that miss  , but as dart said   it cud easy be server delays  and ive noticed once both aim circles r  stopped I wait a few secs before shooting and usually hit my target .

here is a Embarrassingly Horrible example....but frustrated and trying to tweek arty settings....but you can get the gist..as the the sights...many were my bad in this rotten game... but a few were NOT..and those are the 1's im talking about...this was a I dont care RUSH /TEST..game to post  here...i didn't even move my arty around :)   this arty did NOT used to miss this badly .

replay_last_battle.wotreplay

7 hours ago, weedilt said:

here is a Embarrassingly Horrible example....but frustrated and trying to tweek arty settings....but you can get the gist..as the the sights...many were my bad in this rotten game... but a few were NOT..and those are the 1's im talking about...this was a I dont care RUSH /TEST..game to post  here...i didn't even move my arty around :)   this arty did NOT used to miss this badly .

replay_last_battle.wotreplay 1.3 MB · 0 downloads

I played a game inarty lastnight and strangely 70% of my shots missed  after aiming circle was fully timed  , strange behaviour tbh