[XVM] MaxData Carousel

DivingDuck

Moin,

I´ve created my own carousel over a year ago and am using it since. A friend always bothers me to make it available to others. So, would anyone be interested in a carousel like this?

Regards,

DD

DD_Carousel_001.png

/* EDIT 14-OCT-2019 */

Hello,

I´ve adjusted the carousel to work with ui scale 1.2. Please check and report back, if anything is wrong.

And I´ve "fixed" a glitch for ui scale 1.0. The favourite tank ribbon slipped out of position.

Regards,

DD

DD_Carousel_UI10.zip

DD_Carousel_UI12.zip

/* EDIT 15-OCT-2019 */

Moin,

As requested, I´ve added more UI scale versions. The package now contains carousel versions that suit ui scales:

Paths for icons have been adjusted to point towards ...\res_mods\configs\xvm\Aslain\icons\... Hence the extra folder [DivingDuck] is no longer needed.

DD_Folder_005.jpg.a5d7ee721ed8c82404b8294d1faba040.jpg

As per request I have reduced the gap between the carousel slots. But I just can´t do without a gap.

If you prefer the craousel being scaled up or down together with the rest of your interface, use [UI_Scale_1.0]. If you choose the version that matches your scale, the carousel will show up as intended by me and will always be the same size.

Feedback welcome, as always.

Regards,

DD

DD_Carousel_all_ui_scales.zip

/* EDIT 05-JUL-2020 */

Minor bugfix. 

- renamed the icon folder, so no existing icon files will be overwritten

- fixed line #2 (DMG) to show the ratio as a percentage

DD_Carousel_all_ui_scales_V202007052210.zip

Edited by DivingDuck
updated files
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Moin,

I´ve not included any files yet since I wanted to check whether anybody is interested or not. I´ll assemble the needed files and upload it asap.

Regards,

DD

Here are the files to check. The zip contains these two folders.

DD_Folder_004.jpg.2cfd1a4638cb2c952e5c0ce844f70e38.jpg

Unzip to ... \World_of_Tanks\res_mods\configs\xvm

DD_Folder_001.jpg

You will be prompted that there is already a file with the same name. Tick OK to overwrite.

Afterwards the folder should look like this:

DD_Folder_002.jpg.b41e81bb065fd9f886d88bb681a5829c.jpg

It now contains a new folder [DivingDuck] with a few icons, needed for the carousel. I´ve choosen to use a separate folder because I have applied changes to other files in Aslain´s folder too. But they are not included in this download.

This is how the caraousel will look like:

DD_Carousel_001.png.e5ae49adffcd5fe8a4ec20ccc5d0d6f9.png

1. chevron indicates players overall WN8 rating

2. chevron indicates average damage for this tank

3. chevron indicates efficiency for this tank

The green square indicates 1MoE, the two grey squares indicate that 2MoE are still missing. ;)

The 3 icons in the lower right show which camo is installed.

The chevrons correspond with my BattleLoadingScreen and my ingame OTM and panels.

DD_Battle_Loading_001.jpg.ed403e4ae5ff083ede15f156431769b5.jpg

DD_OTM_001.jpg.86d5c5ff5e5933c4af3818a0257b9999.jpg

DD_Panel_001.jpg.65510de43e902b54bcdfa18dd9d5e2b7.jpg

Feedback is highly appreciated.

Regards,

DD

DD_Carousel.zip

Edited by DivingDuck
file upload
  • Like 1

hello is there a way to bring the carousel scale down i am trying to run my ui at 1.2 to scale up cos i am running wot in 1440p the ui at 1.2 makes your carousel massive if i run wot at default ui scale your carousel is just the right size. so is there a way to bring the carousel size down to the same size of default ui scale so i can run my ui at 1.2 scale so to stop your carousel going massive 

can i make a suggestion the cap between the carousels are a bit big for my liking makes the carousel longer witch i dont like so i have edited them to have no cap witch i like dont now if other ppl would like a cap or no cap before aslain puts them in the modpack :glasses:

Moin,

As requested, I´ve added more UI scale versions. The package now contains carousel versions that suit ui scales:

Paths for icons have been adjusted to point towards ...\res_mods\configs\xvm\Aslain\icons\... Hence the extra folder [DivingDuck] is no longer needed.

DD_Folder_005.jpg.a5d7ee721ed8c82404b8294d1faba040.jpg

As per request I have reduced the gap between the carousel slots. But I just can´t do without a gap.

If you prefer the craousel being scaled up or down together with the rest of your interface, use [UI_Scale_1.0]. If you choose the version that matches your scale, the carousel will show up as intended by me and will always be the same size.

Feedback welcome, as always.

Regards,

DD

DD_Carousel_all_ui_scales.zip

yo DivingDuck i didn't notice till today but i already have on icons folder in aslain folder and some of your png files over writes aslain png files in his icons folder and changes them so it would be a good idea to change your icons folder name to divingduck so to stop your png files over writing aslain png files just in case other ppl get the same problem 

Moin,

thanks for your appreciation.

Since Aslain had altered the paths and folder name to avoid overwriting, I didn't do anything until I recognized the damage ratio issue. Don´t know why I didn´t hurt me in the eyes before.

Now I just need to make people like my overhead markers and panels too. ;)

Regards,

DD

• 1 month later...

Nice mod. Can't believe I missed it all this time. Anyway 2 things:

1. Is there a way to change premium vehicle names to gold? I looked in the file and didn't see any code for it. Unless you know which are premiums it's hard to tell.

iVWuw6R.png

2. Have you or anyone noticed either some or most of the text in the carousel disappear (missing) when you go from the garage to one of the other in-game pages, ie: Depot, techtree, etc? To get the text back I have go from the garage to one of the pages several times to get the text back. This happens every time I go to one of the other pages.  It doesn't mater what ui scale is used.

This is scale 1.0.

f906inc.png

Edited by Sailorboy
4 hours ago, DivingDuck said:

Moin Sailorboy,

1 - The star in the upper left corner above the tank type icon is indicating that your tank is PREMIUM.

2 - As for your issue with missing values, I've not had anything like this before. What mod setup are you running?

Regards,

DD

Salute DivingDuck,

1. Okay, thanks. I didn't notice the stars for the premiums.  Of the premiums I have these do not have stars: Super Hellcat, Stug IV, T-50-2, and Char Futur 4.

If it is something I can do, tell me where to look and I will make the adjustment.

Edit : I looked at the CarouselNormal.xc file and didn't see anything vehicle specific in there, so it must be a game client issue?

2. I was running some of Aslains mods but it also appeared with just your mod alone. Right now I've got a few of Aslains mods and yours installed and I haven't seen it happen yet. It may have been a freak occurrence. It's not a deal breaker though. I like it.

I think you may have mislabeled your UI files. Shouldn't the scales .9 and .8 be smaller than 1.0? And scales 1.1 and 1.2 be larger than 1.0? They appear to be backwards (reversed) to me.

Edited by Sailorboy

Ahoy Sailorboy,

1. StuG IV is the only tank from your list of premiums I own. And it does not show a star either with my installation. Interesting fact, when I had the "premium filter" enabled, all premium tanks showed up except the Stug IV. So, I guess there is a client side difference between premium that are sold and premiums that are given to you as a reward. I will have to investigate into that. (Lines 117+118 is what triggers the star)

2. I hope it was and stays a one timer, as the tiny files of my mini mod do not mess up the system. The code does not alter any data but merely pulls data from (xvm) sources. So, it is "read only" and does not differ from other carousel config files.

3. As far as I remember I had chosen to go with this order because people like to decrease the carousel slot size with increasing monitor size. But I wouldn´t stake my life on it. ;)

Would you be willing/ interested to have a go on my overhead markers and player panels?

Regards,

DD

Stug IV, Super Hellcat, etc... are not premium tanks {{v.premium}},  they are special reward/giveaway {{v.special}}.
They have premium characteristics, but not marked as premium.

So replace {{v.premium}}.png with {{v.premium|{{v.special}}}}.png and make copy of your premium.png image as special.png
special.png.3d0dbcd26f197c6345c121877d066dbd.png

Also since 1.10 i have font glitching on my config, but can't be bothered to investigate.
Just load different page (example:techtree) and go back to hangar and its back to normal. :lol:

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, DivingDuck said:

Ahoy Sailorboy,

1. StuG IV is the only tank from your list of premiums I own. And it does not show a star either with my installation. Interesting fact, when I had the "premium filter" enabled, all premium tanks showed up except the Stug IV. So, I guess there is a client side difference between premium that are sold and premiums that are given to you as a reward. I will have to investigate into that. (Lines 117+118 is what triggers the star)

2. I hope it was and stays a one timer, as the tiny files of my mini mod do not mess up the system. The code does not alter any data but merely pulls data from (xvm) sources. So, it is "read only" and does not differ from other carousel config files.

3. As far as I remember I had chosen to go with this order because people like to decrease the carousel slot size with increasing monitor size. But I wouldn´t stake my life on it. ;)

Would you be willing/ interested to have a go on my overhead markers and player panels?

Regards,

DD

1. That explains it. :grin:

2. Me too.

3. :grin:

Sure I'll give your OTM/player panel a try.

Edited by Sailorboy
14 hours ago, Ress said:

Stug IV, Super Hellcat, etc... are not premium tanks {{v.premium}},  they are special reward/giveaway {{v.special}}.
They have premium characteristics, but not marked as premium.

So replace {{v.premium}}.png with {{v.premium|{{v.special}}}}.png and make copy of your premium.png image as special.png
special.png.3d0dbcd26f197c6345c121877d066dbd.png

Also since 1.10 i have font glitching on my config, but can't be bothered to investigate.
Just load different page (example:techtree) and go back to hangar and its back to normal. :lol:

Thanks for the info.  :thumbsup: I'll do an edit. :grin:

Moin,

@Ress

thanks for your input. Saved me quite a lot of time. ;)

@Sailorboy

Here´s my XVM config folder. You just need to unzip the archive and copy it to ..\Worls_of_Tanks\res_mods\configs\xvm\..

The *.zip contains the folder [DivingDuck] and a single file [xvm.xc]. This [xvm.xc] tells the game where to look for the config files. So, if you want to switch back to your previous settings, you just need to alter the xvm.xc to point to the desired folder.

I have added a modified *.png for your reward vehicles/ tanks. 

OTM:

the chevrons indicate the same color coded info as in the garage

1. overall WN8

2. average damage for this vehicle

3. efficiency for this vehicle

If you press [ALT], chevrons will be replaced by numeric data

Below the health bar you will see an indicator for MoE. Allies will show a green, enemies a red indicator. 

PlayerPanels:

The same applies for the player panels. They are not all altered yet, since I only use the max panel at game start and the min panel during the game. Chevrons give an indication of how good a player is, while the 1. chevron again is for overall WN8. MoE are shown in min panel only. Enemy MoE will show up after they have been spotted for the first time. Until then you will not know. Next to the MoE is the health bar.

ATTN: The panels may look different with your installation as I do not know what tank icons you use.

Thanks in advance for testing,

DD

DD_OTM_001.png

DD_OTM_002.png

DD_PP_001.png

DD_OTM_PP.zip

Edited by DivingDuck