Run Warships at higher process level?

Hi.
So it was way back I noticed ProShips had an option to run the game at a higher process level, think the game was set at high or above normal.
For me it worked back then and still does now, but now I have to manually do it every time.
Do you know if it was engine_config or preferences/scripts that was modded?

It was called in the modpack:
Run WoWs with higher process priority

Edited by Battlenat0r
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Title: "Running WoWs with Higher Process Priority – Need Help!"

Hey there, fellow gamers!

I recently installed a mod to give World of Warships (WoWs) a higher process priority, and I've encountered a bit of a snag. When I try to launch it from the desktop shortcut, I get a message saying it started, but at the same time, I'm seeing an error in the log file stating that no instance could be found. 

I'm not quite sure what's causing this, and I'm hoping some of you experienced modders can shed some light on the issue. Any explanations or guidance on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help, and best regards!

https://ibb.co/tKz7qMB <------ here is a screenshot

• Administrator
55 minutes ago, raysoo said:

https://ibb.co/tKz7qMB <------ here is a screenshot

But does your WoWs running on a higher process?

That batch is very simple:
wmic process where name="WorldOfWarships64.exe" CALL setpriority 32768
wmic process where name="WorldOfWarships32.exe" CALL setpriority 32768

It tries to change two .exe files in process list, probably the error you see is because you have only one of them running, so it's all ok. Nobody have both running at the same time, so you will always see error either from 64bit or 32bit process.

• Like 1

IF this was possible instead, it would have been better.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-permanently-set-priority-processes-using/2f9ec439-5333-4625-9577-69d322cfbc5e

Also you could do add and remove reg fil in the installer if needed:

Spoiler

Deleting Registry Keys and Values

To delete a registry key with a .reg file, put a hyphen (-) in front of the RegistryPath in the .reg file. For example, to delete the Test subkey from the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software put a hyphen in front of the following registry key in the .reg file:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Test The following example has a .reg file that can perform this task.

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Test] To delete a registry value with a .reg file, put a hyphen (-) after the equals sign following the DataItemName in the .reg file. For example, to delete the TestValue registry value from the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Test put a hyphen after the "TestValue"= in the .reg file. The following example has a .reg file that can perform this task.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Test
"TestValue"=- To create the .reg file, use Regedit.exe to export the registry key that you want to delete, and then use Notepad to edit the .reg file and insert the hyphen.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-add-modify-or-delete-registry-subkeys-and-values-by-using-a-reg-file-9c7f37cf-a5e9-e1cd-c4fa-2a26218a1a23

I don't know if you are allowed to use reg keys on your installer or if you should... but this permanently elevates my game to High with 0 clicks.

WoWs_permanently-set-priority-processes-high_32bit.reg WoWs_permanently-set-priority-processes-high_64bit.reg

Edited by Battlenat0r