enCORE RT results

6 hours ago, hidetada said:

what nvidia gpu are you using on sli?... have you tried contacting WoT support with regards to your sli problem?...

I've tried it with both the GTX 1070 in SLI and the GTX 1080 ti in SLI

I haven't contacted support.  Wargaming seems to change their mind on if SLI is officially supported monthly now.

5 hours ago, GolKosh said:

true.... But still intel based... It would be great if wot had GPU support, but until then.....

wot-specs.png

Maybe stupid question but anyway... have both GPU your adding the same engine? Or else it wouldn't work either 

That looks like an old systems requirements page.  This is what shows up for me:

Aw6TOqm.jpg

Both don't exclusively say Intel CPUs.

I tried SLI with two GTX 1070 GPUs (EVGA GTX 1070 SC) and with two GTX 1080 ti GPUs(EVAG GTX 1080 ti FTW3).  Both produce strange artifacts in the exhaust smoke and flashing objects in the garage.  Other users who have tried SLI have reported the exact same issues.

Edited by Bavor
17 hours ago, Bavor said:

I have a high bandwidth SLI bridge.  Its a World of Tanks game issue, not a SLI issue.  The SLI problems are very common and many people are having the exact same issues with WoT when using graphics cards in SLI.  

then maybe you can both contact wg's and nvidia's support with regards to said sli issue in wot... maybe they can meet half way and discuss a fix for that...

On 4/13/2020 at 12:57 PM, Bavor said:

I have a high bandwidth SLI bridge.  Its a World of Tanks game issue, not a SLI issue.  The SLI problems are very common and many people are having the exact same issues with WoT when using graphics cards in SLI.  

That's a well know issue for the last 9 years!!

Like I said before it is a CPU based game, not GPU based and until they "fix" that, you don't have the benefits for SLI in this game....

My computer before this one (see post 20) had 2 nvidia 980 ti in it... In SLI it worked perfectly but it doesn't give you more power in wot.

5 hours ago, GolKosh said:

That's a well know issue for the last 9 years!!

Like I said before it is a CPU based game, not GPU based and until they "fix" that, you don't have the benefits for SLI in this game....

My computer before this one (see post 20) had 2 nvidia 980 ti in it... In SLI it worked perfectly but it doesn't give you more power in wot.

Actually, WoT officially supported SLI previously.  I've had it working before with no issues on a previous computer.  Wargaming keeps breaking it and taking forever to fix it.  So its not a known issue for 9 years.  There are times where it worked flawlessly for most people for a while.

"CPU based game" makes no sense at all. 

14 hours ago, hidetada said:

then maybe you can both contact wg's and nvidia's support with regards to said sli issue in wot... maybe they can meet half way and discuss a fix for that...

That's Wargaming you are talking about.  They can't even be bothered to fix broken things in their own game that doesn't involve outside parties.  Also Wargaming keeps breaking SLI in the game and taking forever to fix it when they do.  

DirectX 12 officially supports dual video cards and even supports using an AMD and Nvidia based graphics card in the same system for performance improvements.  The technology even allows two different graphics cards of different graphical processing power to be used together as long as they aren't too widely different in processing power.  There really isn't much game developers have to implement to enable it, but only a handful of new games officially support that technology.  Unfortunately Wargaming is so far behind in Technology, that WoT wasn't upgraded to DirectX 11 until after DirectX 12 was released and DirectX 11 was already 8 or 9 years old.

Edited by Bavor
On 4/25/2020 at 8:02 PM, SoftwareSimian said:

My system is 8.5 years old (yes, from 2011, except the GPU from 2016) but is still at least moderately competent (~90fps at 2560x1080)

wotencore_3930K-RX480-2560x1080-ultra-ultra-ultra.png.d8d1827bf48aa8311c8004e59552dd82.png

wotencore_3930K-RX480-2560x1080-off-ultra-ultra.png.ff0b1542ad89a1e61f7fee95f8281fe9.png

When World of Tanks updated the game engine to use more threads, older CPUs worked better in WoT.  CPU clock speed still matters somewhat.

It looks like WoT Encore is harder on your system than regular WoT.  Ultra with Ray Traced shadows off is giving you a little under 80 FPS based on those results.

I tested WoT encore and measured average FPS with both Fraps and with MSi Afterburner.  Both gave the same result.  You can divide your WoT Encore score by 170 and get your average FPS for the test.  For example, 13370/170=‭78.64 FPS.

1 hour ago, Bavor said:

...I tested WoT encore and measured average FPS with both Fraps and with MSi Afterburner.  Both gave the same result.  You can divide your WoT Encore score by 170 and get your average FPS for the test.  For example, 13370/170=‭78.64 FPS.

So 25083/170=148 FPS.... That's about right! But where do you get that number (170) from?

4 hours ago, GolKosh said:

So 25083/170=148 FPS.... That's about right! But where do you get that number (170) from?

6 hours ago, Bavor said:

I tested WoT encore and measured average FPS with both Fraps and with MSi Afterburner.  

• 1 month later...

wotencore_10_06_2020_14_15_45.png

wotencore_10_06_2020_14_21_25.png

Operating System:    Windows 10 Home, 64-bit
DirectX version:    12.0 
GPU processor:        GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
CUDA Cores:        3584 
Core clock:        1569 MHz 
Dedicated video memory:    11264 MB GDDR5X
Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix X299-E

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7800X CPU @ 3.50GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.5GHz

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 4000 (PC4-32000)

Edited by Quazz
Updated Stats
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Here is my little corner of the world.  Mostly ASUS and Corsair parts and pieces sitting on a 116 pound UPS, with a bathroom two speed exhaust fan on top of a Corsair CPU radiator to help it from overheating.  Wasn't the GPU I wanted, but I have been waiting and waiting for the prices to drop, which doesn't seem to be going to happen anytime soon. What I wanted was a NVIDIA Quadro Pascal GPU ... we can all dream, right ? What you can't see are the JBL 12 inch and 8 inch Yamaha subwoofers.  BOOM !!!!! 

Computer.JPG

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, bart russell said:

Here is my little corner of the world.  Mostly ASUS and Corsair parts and pieces sitting on a 116 pound UPS, with a bathroom two speed exhaust fan on top of a Corsair CPU radiator to help it from overheating.  Wasn't the GPU I wanted, but I have been waiting and waiting for the prices to drop, which doesn't seem to be going to happen anytime soon. What I wanted was a NVIDIA Quadro Pascal GPU ... we can all dream, right ? What you can't see are the JBL 12 inch and 8 inch Yamaha subwoofers.  BOOM !!!!! 

Computer.JPG

Man!! That's overkill!!

For me nothing to fancy 😁

Operating System
            Windows 10 Home 64-bit
        CPU
            Intel Core i9 @ 3.60GHz    22 °C
            Kaby Lake 14nm Technology
        RAM
            32,0GB
        Motherboard
            Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. Z390 AORUS MASTER-CF (U3E1)    24 °C
        Graphics
            LG 34GK950F (3440x1440@144Hz)
            3071MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti (Gigabyte)    33 °C
        Storage
            931GB Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB (Unknown (SSD))
            1863GB Seagate ST2000DM008-2FR102 (SATA (SSD))    24 °C
            1863GB Seagate ST2000DM008-2FR102 (SATA (SSD))    25 °C
        Optical Drives
            ASUS SDRW-08U1MT
        Audio
            Realtek High Definition Audio

But proud enough to say I have a mancave!! (but don't tell my wife 😆)

Edited by GolKosh

It all started when I was given an experimental chip and I was warned that it ran rather hot.  Five years, two computer cases later,  and 12 internal fans with two external fans I can actually run it as long as I keep the exit temp out of the CPU radiator 90 degrees F and below, or becomes very unstable ... just finished a match and it is 88 degrees right now ...  LOL

• 3 months later...