PC Shuts Down when entering Battle

Only when playing WOT my PC shuts down when I enter battle. I have ran Furmark and it works fine maxed out but when going back to the game it crashes a few minutes into battle. 

I have uploaded the python log.

Positive its not your MOD but I need an expert - TVM

System

1.  AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  2.  PowerColor AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT Red Devil 8GB GDDR6 HDMI/3xDP
  3.  Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16R Vengeance LPX 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz C16 XMP 2.0 High Performance
  4.  Samsung MZ-V7E1T0BW 970 EVO 1 TB V-NAND M.2 PCI Express
  5. Seagate Barracuda Green 1 .5TB
  6. MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX Motherboard ATX, AM4
  7.  EVGA 600 W1, 80+ WHITE 600W, Power Supply 100-W1-0600-K3

python32.log

• Like 1
  • Aslain locked this topic
  • Aslain unlocked this topic

The first thing I would look at is how much power each item needs, since 600W seems a tad low, a website says that "on average system", they recommend 550, having just 50w more than the average recommended might be the issue - though you can run other intensive things, like Futuremark, so that makes it odd.. hmm.

Once, I had a similar issue and the solution was a GPU cable which wasn't fully plugged in....Had no issues while doing other stuffs but while entering the game and loading a battle...crash.

So go ahead check all connections first...As for the PSU don't think is an issue-at the moment-with your PC components...

Check connections both ends if it's a modular PSU...

Exactly THIS happens to me as well, every now and again the game crashes upon entering battle and my computer restarts. My setup is completely different from OP, i have Intel Cpu, nVidia gfx and a 1600 watt psu. It cant be that the our PSU's cant handle the load. I run WoT on two computers, and this only happens on one of them. Running similar setups. 

tried follwing;

disable onboard audio - didnt help (using headset with separate dongle)

disable UPS software and connection - didnt help

removed nihilic audio services from startup. 

Idk what i can do more. This reset causes the preferences file in Wargaming folder to reset as well....

Maybe its mod related after all? or some peculiar bug with WoT itself and certain computers and setups. One thing that crossed my mind is that the my m2 PCI-e ssd drive is overheating. 

Edited by Interface2037
  • Administrator

No mod from my modpack can crash your computer. It's definitely a local thing.

I would run some software to stress test it if I were you.

Get:

- Hwhinfo64 (open sensors only)

- RealBench

- prime95

Monitor temperatures and voltages while running RB or prime95 stress test (start without AVX, then follow up to AVX2) for few hours. Be carefull with prime95 it's very heavy on hardware.

20 minutes ago, Aslain said:

No mod from my modpack can crash your computer. It's definitely a local thing.

I would run some software to stress test it if I were you.

Get:

- Hwhinfo64 (open sensors only)

- RealBench

- prime95

Monitor temperatures and voltages while running RB or prime95 stress test (start without AVX, then follow up to AVX2) for few hours. Be carefull with prime95 it's very heavy on hardware.

Will do. I can say that neither the CPU or GPU is even close to heat levels that would cause a crash like this. Thats why i suspect the m2 drive, on the functioning rig i use a regular 2,5" ssd

Edited by Interface2037
22 hours ago, Djeckyll said:

Thanks everyone for the assistance... Bought aMX 700W and fitted last night 47 games in and still working fine - Thanks again to the experts :) 

Good to hear! Keep us updated! 

As for me, still having this issue...even with a 1600 watt psu. I will install WoT on an 2.5" SSD instead of the M2 PCI-e ssd and see if it helps. 

Edited by Interface2037
  • 2 weeks later...

i have an update on this issue thats now resolved for me. I tried lowering the memory frequence on my Corsair 3200 DDR4 (from 3200 to stock speed) and it seems to have fixed the crashes as it hasn't happened in several days and over 100 battles. 

edit, i've started using the 32 bit exe as well.

Edited by Interface2037
additional info

im getting crashes at the start of the battle but only client side this version and last version of wot runs fine without mods

[edit] ignore this lol im updating to #2 but even with the latest versions it was doing it so if it keeps happening i will post a proper report its not crashing computer just the client hangs not responding and have to task manager end task.

Edited by McOwnage
19 hours ago, McOwnage said:

im getting crashes at the start of the battle but only client side this version and last version of wot runs fine without mods

[edit] ignore this lol im updating to #2 but even with the latest versions it was doing it so if it keeps happening i will post a proper report its not crashing computer just the client hangs not responding and have to task manager end task.

I was getting crashes exiting a battle when my tank was dead. I was running the 64bit version of WoT without starting the Game Center (GC starts 32bit by default). I switched back to Game Center and running the 32bit version of WoT without any game crashes. 32bit seems to be way more stable at least for me. If you are running the 64bit version try the 32bit version instead.