MOD - Stingy by default

Fixed it, Aslain will put it in new release.

There was a spelling mistake in the name of an object in the client xml files for a long time. No biggie, I found typos in other files too. For some reason the developer corrected it in 0.8.10.0. :sweat_smile:

<block className="SelectModarnizationActionInfotip">
<block className="SelectModernizationActionInfotip">

Let me tell you how this mod came about and why I think the WoWS team is much nicer than the WoT team, even though they are part of the same company.

Aslain told me a lot of his WoWS users were asking him to get the 'Gold lock' mod from WoT to WoWS. I looked into it and found it was not really necessary: compared to WoT, what WoWS was doing was really benign. (If WoT is doing something like robbery then WoWS is like a small-time pickpocket) There was no need for heavy handed measures like locking your doubloon account. All I needed to do is to change some defaults the game client was setting (that's why the name of the mod is Stingy by Default) and make sure when you can choose between using doubloons or credits, your options are displayed at the same time instead of separately, and it was done. While some users were assuming this mod would get banned it was approved by the WoWS team in a day. Aslain added it right away and it was included even in ModStation not much later.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1