sorry i dont have any logs anymore(except the latest .inf that i used), because v1.4 came out, but i noticed alot of bugs in the last 2 modpacks:

1) the 1st or 2nd handbrake removal option caused a really annoying bug, where the tank simply did not stop rotating at all while zoomed in(atleast Stug 3 and Hetzer, T2 and T3 lkv later seemed a bit better)
2) it does not show any tier numbers next to the health bar (i selected right side, twice)
3) there is no Html list of the installer options, so i can't Ctrl+F any of them
4) lots of options are repeated atleat 2 times(handbrake, chat colors etc), so it's a bit confusing which section you have to pick them from (and what happens if you pick them both, while they are not even at the same place, but rather scattered around over the whole huge list of options)
5) previews do not work for most of the options and some previews do not apply to the selected option (player names area usually)
6) if you uninstall the mod, it will completely remove the default tank list from the top (where it shows green vs red bars)
7) it probably also removes the custom SPG minimap(after uninstall) from a separate mod (because the modpack version does not show the spot and spg markers on it, and only makes it bigger)
😎 it would be very nice if there was a smaller mod pack without most of the sounds and skins, so that it would be a bit easier to choose stuff (except tank wrecks and detected alert sound)
(9) it did not even show any white wreck skins(nor last hits) while playing with the T2 lkv and im not even sure if the hits option returned with the T3 lkv or not (wreck colors probably did))

• Administrator

There is no need to uninstall the modpack, just download new one and install and you are good.

The issue with weird movement when you install the handbreak mod, to help it also install Disable gun shake effect after shot

Same mods can be found sometimes in various modpack sections, it's mostly for a reason, some people prefer XVM while others not. So I had to split like that. 

Not everything has a preview, because many things are self-explanatory, also sometimes try to click on sub options in the mod branch to see the preview, and sometimes preview is only in the main branch of given mod. There is no rule.

well, if i had the Html list of all of the options, then i could probably ctrl+f it, but its the shot of exellence or whatever, which calculates the amount of hits you need to win the excellence badge or smth. it might also go along with the wn8 system(its located to the right of the green & red tank bars), so someone should know what the number is there for in the first place...

now i just had the bug again where it only shows the loading screen and does not load up the whole map of the game. and when i pres Shift, then the sound also goes a bit lower. and when i press Shift again, the sound comes back... but i can only see the loading screen and nothing else... even the Esc menu will not come up. and the only way to see the map is to press win+D and then close the game with a right click and then just relaunch it...

ok, i searched all of the #02 options now during the update, and the "shot of excellence" is basically the number that is on the right side of the "Team HP / #4 Straight" bar.
and the same number with it's logo is also stuck on the left side of the screen (in the middle)

Edited by kolkhoznik666

1) so i updated to #02 from #01 and now i dont see the detailed damage taken hitlog anymore, and instead, there is a smaller hitlog over the damage given log in the bottom left corner...
2) can i delete some battle results loggers separately 1 by 1? because i probably don't need the ragnaXXX logger anymore, but it did not uninstall when i selected some other logger

( 3) the "shot of excellence" number might be the "clickable with a mouse" option, because i was able to drag the number on the left to some other place... )

4) all of the other bugs from the previous topic are still there (except the handbrake issue perhaps):
https://aslain.com/index.php?/topic/15062-modpack-v1613-08-and-09-both-had-same-bugs/

Edited by kolkhoznik666

5) it deleted the old logs.zip file(which i also renamed to 111.zip) after i ran the installer again and chose "delete all previous mods"....
1) i also searched through all of the installer options again and figured out that it does not display the "Damage log by kszys" at all and it chose somekind of other hitlog from way down the list instead (and it still does not display the kszys one after "delete all mods")

( 2) i deleted the ragnastats.wtmod file and that seemed to remove the previous stats logger...)

Edited by kolkhoznik666

ok thanks, hitlog was probably fixed with the deletion of the folder here:
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Wargaming.net\WorldOfTanks\xvm\hitLog

but these are still current issues:

6) it does not show any tier numbers next to the health bar (i selected right side, 3-4 times)
7) does not return custom style to depot (altho it specifically says it also returns paint jobs etc)

8) there is no Html list of the installer options, so i can't Ctrl+F any of them
9) lots of options are repeated atleat 2 times(handbrake, chat colors etc), so it's a bit confusing which section you have to pick them from (and what happens if you pick them both, while they are not even at the same place, but rather scattered around over the whole huge list of options)
10) previews do not work for most of the options and some previews do not apply to the selected option (player names area usually)
11) if you uninstall the mod, it will completely remove the default tanks HP bar from the top (where it shows green vs red bars)
12) it deletes the old logs.zip file also after i run the installer again and choose "delete all previous mods/+logs"...

13) it would be very nice if there was a smaller mod pack without most of the sounds and skins, so that it would be a bit easier to choose stuff (except tank wrecks and detected alert sound)

Edited by kolkhoznik666
  • Administrator
50 minutes ago, kolkhoznik666 said:

ok thanks, hitlog was probably fixed with the deletion of the folder here:
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Wargaming.net\WorldOfTanks\xvm\hitLog

That's what I meant by advising to delete hitlog folder in appdata.

6) it does not show any tier numbers next to the health bar (i selected right side, 3-4 times)

Bug, will be fixed in next modpack update

7) does not return custom style to depot (altho it specifically says it also returns paint jobs etc)

IIRC such mods doesn't work on everything, there are some exclusions to auto-camo, like custom styles and such.

8) there is no Html list of the installer options, so i can't Ctrl+F any of them

There is, i.e. c:\Games\World_of_Tanks_EU\Aslain_Modpack\Components_List.txt

9) lots of options are repeated atleat 2 times(handbrake, chat colors etc), so it's a bit confusing which section you have to pick them from (and what happens if you pick them both, while they are not even at the same place, but rather scattered around over the whole huge list of options)

This is for a reason, some mods may have similar functions, especialy when you compare XVM and non-XVM branch. It has to stay that way.

10) previews do not work for most of the options and some previews do not apply to the selected option (player names area usually)

Previews is limited, some options are self-explanatory and doesn't need picture preview, also sometimes only mod main branch has a preview not the sub-options. It's all to save the installer size and unecessary complexity the codewise.

11) if you uninstall the mod, it will completely remove the default tanks HP bar from the top (where it shows green vs red bars)

Uninstall what mod? Be more specific, name the option or a mod, and show it on a picture. If you are talking about the XVM, due to it's nature even if you don't select something you may still get the default XVM option instead.

12) it deletes the old logs.zip file also after i run the installer again and choose "delete all previous mods/+logs"...

It has to stay that way due to techical reasons, the old archiver logs are not needed for me, if you don't want to delete xvm or python logs, don't tick the option to delete them.

13) it would be very nice if there was a smaller mod pack without most of the sounds and skins, so that it would be a bit easier to choose stuff (except tank wrecks and detected alert sound)

Everyone has own vision for "small installer", that modpack started as the one too, then people requested mods and it ended up on this. Just avoid/skip mods sections you don't need and you are good.

11) if you uninstall this whole modPack*, it will completely remove the default tanks HP bar from the top (where it shows green vs red bars - and wont even return it after the integrity check)

14) it just did not load up the whole map again(1st game with a new tank) and i was only stuck at the loading screen the whole time (and had to relaunch the game to be able to play again) - also took these logs immediately after this bug:

Aslains_WoT_Logs-no-map.zip

Edited by kolkhoznik666
  • Administrator

11) if you uninstall this whole modPack*, it will completely remove the default tanks HP bar from the top (where it shows green vs red bars - and wont even return it after the integrity check)

This class icons bar on the top is switchable in the game options - check if you have it disabled there.

14) it just did not load up the whole map again(1st game with a new tank) and i was only stuck at the loading screen the whole time (and had to relaunch the game to be able to play again) - also took these logs immediately after this bug:

Looks like ATAC! mod crashed on you.

fa6591fa22e6b8d7a7c89272daddeef3.png

• Administrator
Just now, kolkhoznik666 said:

ok, how can i remove that if i need to?

also remembered 1 more:
15) country flags are not displayed at all (from #08 already)

Reinstall the modpack with ATAC unchecked, you can also manualy delete atac file in res_mods.

Country flags, you can see them only if someone select one in XVM profile, otherwise you will get empty space. It's because WG removed it from the API many months ago to keep user privacy.

ok, but there is also some 2 other files in another folder:
X:\xxx\World_of_Tanks_EU\res_mods\1.6.1.4\objects
atac1.dds
atac2.dds

and also in the .pyc folder:
X:\xxx\World_of_Tanks_EU\res_mods\1.6.1.4\scripts\client\gui\mods
mod_atac.xml
which actually seems to be in some really weird polish-chinese language... which might also cause the issue in the first place?

Edited by kolkhoznik666

16) well, probably remembered 1 more...
even #4 only shows a big minimap in the bottom right corner, altho i just selected on the #4 pack that it should only make it bigger with L. Ctrl
i do also have an extra Spg, scout minimap mod (6.3.4), but i think the actual zoom option only worked once, when i selected the map to be zoomed in in the middle of the screen instead of bottom right...
and i think that i actually even played like 3-4 games without the extra Spg mod(after #04 pack update), but the minimap was still big the whole time...

Edited by kolkhoznik666

16) is it even possible to get a small minimap with the spg/scout icons and make it zoomable with the L.Ctrl button?
previously i tried it with the first option in the list, but when that only had a big map in the corner, then tried the last zoomable minimap option, but that did not work either

17) the last minimap zoom option also downloads 104mb of HD minimap files, altho i only selected the Spg/scout map from there and unticked all HD minimap options...

Edited by kolkhoznik666

18) - this probably started to work randomly again...

1) handbrake is still causing issues with non-stop movements to the last direction (sav m43) - so what is the purpose of this mod anyway, if you now even have to counter-act the buggy movement instead of just turning to the desired direction yourself? so its like twice as difficult to play with this

Edited by kolkhoznik666