punishing players for using anonimyzer

So you're going to go all out against your standing of being a classy mod maker, tanker and whatever else for the community and you make your mod to punish players for using anon?

really? this is what you turn yourself into? .... after all the community has done for you....you decide you're going be mr judge jury and exicutioner and punish your support.... 

get bent

Edited by Crazilycountry
  • Downvote 13

this is perfect !!! exactly what should happen ! i support this 1000% you dont want others to know your stats then its 100% fair for you not to know others stats .

anonimyzer is a fail anyways , it hasnt changed people raging in chat or pm's after game , it has had ill effects on high stat players that some people used to actually listen to and help support a flank , when you see some noob with no stats trying to tell teammates something they dont even bother cuz who knows what that dude knows or dont know . im not going out of my way to help some red or no stat player , if they are blue or purple i probably would as they know wtf they are doing.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3
On 12/13/2019 at 8:54 PM, Crazilycountry said:

So you're going to go all out against your standing of being a classy mod maker, tanker and whatever else for the community and you make your mod to punish players for using anon?

really? this is what you turn yourself into? .... after all the community has done for you....you decide you're going be mr judge jury and exicutioner and punish your support.... 

get bent

How about getting a friggin' clue, some manners and over yourself. 

And its pretty sad and pathetic that you want to run the anonymizer, but are on here crying when you can't because everyone's stats are anonymized courtesy of XVM if you're running it and the anonymizer.

Edited by pabnchew
  • Like 3

I think this is a great way to fight back against the anonymizer, exactly for folks like this.  You want to remain anonymous yet see the stats of others?  Nope can't have it both ways!
Love it!  Honestly the people hiding their stats should be tomatoes anyways, cause they think that will resolve the "toxicity" when they are camping behind a building at cap in their Maus as their team pushes up and dies.  You can still spot a bad player, stats aren't needed.  Now they just make it more obvious.  I am also blue, and my stats are not hidden.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2019 at 12:54 AM, mazda2284 said:

this is perfect !!! exactly what should happen ! i support this 1000% you dont want others to know your stats then its 100% fair for you not to know others stats .

anonimyzer is a fail anyways , it hasnt changed people raging in chat or pm's after game , it has had ill effects on high stat players that some people used to actually listen to and help support a flank , when you see some noob with no stats trying to tell teammates something they dont even bother cuz who knows what that dude knows or dont know . im not going out of my way to help some red or no stat player , if they are blue or purple i probably would as they know wtf they are doing.

well I have to voice my thoughts on this, hate to say it but all I play is random battles and I can tell you that without a shadow of a doubt the WORST in game plyers are the ones which are suppose to be the best players on the team stat wise.  it is the "good stat" players that are the ones camping, lemming training, and then being the same ones wiping leaving the players in the slowest moving, slowest reloading, etc. last ones alive.  I was in a game yesterday I was in my "bathtub" and I was firing my gun as fast as I could reload it only to realize quickly I was being swarmed and was the only one left alive and I thought to myself WTF. 

it is also notable that those "good stat" players are making it all the way to tier X and still cant read a mini map.

one more thing, if you are a player with supposed "good stats", and you are calling for help when 99% of the team ison the same side of the map as you AND you are so close in proximity that you are bleeding together on the mini map do NOT be yelling for help because clearly you have way more "help" than you need, on the flip side if you look at your mini map ( I know novel idea), and you see a KV-2, and a pair of  S35 CA ( bathtub) trying to hold the flank against the majority of the enemy team while you are being held up by a single medium tank relocate to the weak side.

stop farming damage and costing the battle only to complain about the "low stat" players ( you know the ones xvmers call tomatoes).

fact XVM and stats should be removed from game entirely, all it does is HURT what is suppose to be a GAME.  it discourages teamwork, it discourages strategy.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2
On 12/19/2019 at 9:15 AM, Austin8585 said:

I think this is a great way to fight back against the anonymizer, exactly for folks like this.  You want to remain anonymous yet see the stats of others?  Nope can't have it both ways!
Love it!  Honestly the people hiding their stats should be tomatoes anyways, cause they think that will resolve the "toxicity" when they are camping behind a building at cap in their Maus as their team pushes up and dies.  You can still spot a bad player, stats aren't needed.  Now they just make it more obvious.  I am also blue, and my stats are not hidden.

sorry it is the "good stat" players doing the camping, being held up by a single enemy tank on the flank, and wiping.  the REAL players are the ones doing what they can when they are facing impossible odds, while the good stat players huddle at base, behind buildings to farm damage and then wiping leaving those you call "tomatoes" on their own.  now I don't have the best stats myself and I don't care to be honest, I at least can read a mini map and will try to relocate to help a weak flank or give support in battle where I can, but I can say I have taken to looking at the "stats" of team mates prior to game start and tend to avoid relocating to help those particular players.  based on their "stats" they shouldn't be yelling for help and should be able to get the job done sadly more and more I see this isn't the case and it is the low stat players out lasting and in some cases having far better damage numbers than those good stat players, I myself finished a game yesterday top on damage in my S35 ( bathtub) 1500 damage the top tier best stat player on the team ( FYI his numbers were blue on XVM) 600 and he had plenty of assistance as the player had roughly 80% of the team with him including all the heavies all but 1 medium and all the light tanks, my flank had mostly TD's the single med and that was it.

I still think XVM and stats need to go away, it does nothing but promote camping, farming and stat padding and to be honest all it does is add stress for people trying to play what is suppose to be a game.

• Downvote 2
14 minutes ago, lordraptor1 said:

fact XVM and stats should be removed from game entirely, all it does is HURT what is suppose to be a GAME.  it discourages teamwork, it discourages strategy.

1 minute ago, lordraptor1 said:

I still think XVM and stats need to go away, it does nothing but promote camping, farming and stat padding and to be honest all it does is add stress for people trying to play what is suppose to be a game.

Just stats if it is - there's no reason to remove XVM as a regular mod, since it has a LOT of useful features, stats display is just one feature out of MANY.

You're already posting you think stats should go - XVM can stay after that just fine. :thumbsup:

• Like 1
On 12/29/2019 at 6:44 AM, Quaksen said:

Just stats if it is - there's no reason to remove XVM as a regular mod, since it has a LOT of useful features, stats display is just one feature out of MANY.

You're already posting you think stats should go - XVM can stay after that just fine. :thumbsup:

don't know what other features you think it has that you cant get somewhere else.  funny thing is that as long as have damage indicators, female crews, female voices, female loading and after battle screens im golden.  sadly people in game see stats and immediately start trashing players like myself.  if these people would take the time to actually pay attention they would find that the players with the good stats are the ones camping, pushing friendly tanks into the line of fire and generally being complete douchnozzles just to farm damage and pad their stats at the cost of losing the game.  hell might as well get rid of the in game mini map to because hardly anyone knows how to use it anyway, they will ignore flanks from the get go, and tehn those same top tier "good" stat players will be the first ones calling for help when they have the majority of the team with them while the 2 or 3 on flank get over run and eventually bitched about through in game chat.

5 minutes ago, lordraptor1 said:

don't know what other features you think it has that you cant get somewhere else.

But why would I get those features elsewhere, when there's a perfectly good working mod already? One that has a lot of customizable options, rather than set-in-stone stuff.

The only reason there's those features elsewhere, is because others are making the mods, for those that don't like seeing stats.

But there's still XVM-only features, as far as I know.

There's no reason for you to hate the entire mod, just because of stats. It's kinda silly to hate the entire mod just because of stats display - when the stats display is one thing out of many.

• Upvote 1

Not sure if this is my first post or not, but after reading this forum it's giving me the sh#!*. Same reason I don't use in game chat. Too many tankers bitching and complaining instead of playing the game. Been a long time supporter of Aslain, and I'm not sure if I have the right to say this, but if you don't like it here....just leave. No hard feelings.

36 minutes ago, Pappy Jim said:

Not sure if this is my first post or not, but after reading this forum it's giving me the sh#!*. Same reason I don't use in game chat. Too many tankers bitching and complaining instead of playing the game. Been a long time supporter of Aslain, and I'm not sure if I have the right to say this, but if you don't like it here....just leave. No hard feelings.

You have a couple posts back in 2015 :blush1:

The OP was just mistakenly thinking it was Aslain's fault. He quickly hid it seems, since the OP hasn't replied back at all since posting.

I can only talk about my own experience but in my opinion it comes down to how you use a mod in general and the information one mod specifically offers. Personally I try to ignore the color of the stats of my teammates and enemies, sometimes more sometimes less successful. And when I look at the stats of a particular player I first look at the amount of games played. If that number is below a certain amount then for me the player is still learning and is therefore not a bad player (exception would be a re-roll). Let me give you an example: if I see a player with red stats but only around 1k games then there is not really a problem in my books. Yes, this player will most likely not be that helpful for the team but we all started at some point. On the other hand, if I see a player has e.g. 50k games in total and 4h playtime on one specific tank I expect them to know their tank and how to handle it.

On a side note, I think most players focus too much on the "bad" players on their team. In my opinion, they underestimate those players simply because their stats are bad. Personally I think I have a good grasp where the yellow and green players will pop up on the map but when it comes to red players it is every ones guess where they will pop up. And most often they will pop up in the most unthinkable place and at the most unfortunate time for you.

And before someone says I should stop with my holier-than-thou-act I would like to repeat myself: I TRY to ignore the color but I am only human and therefore I also fail to do so and get irritated at those bad players more often than I would like. At the end of the day it is only a game.

• Like 1

Having peoples win rate and win8 stats up in match has always been lame and was immediately used more for flaming people than it was used to intelligently interpret how to deploy.  There are good aspects to XVM mods, but the toxicity of stats was not one of them.  You can use statistics to make estimates, and there are extremes from which you can write a person off as a bot or a threat.  The stuff in the middle takes more than a glance to determine, however.  This is particularly true in the case of non-rerolls with a large data set of matches and tanks to poll from.  I understand why anonimizer fits and i get it, and I dont fault XVM for preventing anon players from accessing stats either.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hasta la vista, baby.

On 12/13/2019 at 8:54 PM, Crazilycountry said:

get bent

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/14/2019 at 6:54 AM, mazda2284 said:

ANY player regardless of their rating can have a good game or provide some useful input in game , maybe you should stop assuming that a player is going to be useless just because of what his winrate or wn8 rating is . A little humility goes a long way ......