Remove sound from friendly dying

Hi

After I finally bought a subwoofer I'm getting this high boom sound when a friendly die in battle, and it's just very annoying to listen to.

I found this link, which solves it:

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/583223-09151-remove-annoying-sound-from-dying-tanks/

It requires a very simple change to the sounds.xc file. Any way it could be made in this mod-pack, so I don't have to remember it manually every update? :)

Thx!

Hey Zzarac. I can't seem to find the custom mod folder?

Anyway, I haven't had so much luck in actually making this change work.. It seems to work in some games, but in other games it's very loud when someone dies.. I've changed the sounds.xc file, and changed it to true at the top, but ... ??

I haven't really looked for the arty hit, but good point. That bothers me as well as sometimes I think I've gone and died because it's so loud haha

"Custom_mods" folder resides in your "Aslain_Modpack" folder which is in the root game folder.

Pack your needed files (e.g. sounds.xc) into a zip archive with full path, and they will automatically be copied after the modpack installation has finished.

Here is Aslain's README file content for that feature:

This is special folder called Aslains_Custom_mods

It's feature is to install your custom made mods automaticaly via my installer.

To make it work simply pack your mod with full path (must begin with res_mods or mods) and put to this folder, then launch the installer as usuall and select the mods you usually install. Installer will automaticaly install your custom mods at the end of main installation.

One macro is available: version, to use it replace folder name with version. For example: res_mods\version\gui\.... instead of res_mods\1.7.0.0\gui\ or res_mods\version\gui\.... instead of res_mods\1.7.0.0\gui\

Note that supported formats are zip and 7zip only.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't know how long it hasn't been working for.. I've been gone on vacation for 10 days and just came back today and found it not working with new update.. Last I had was 1.8.0.0.03

Working for you? I checked it's still set in my installer

Haha, well imagine sitting on an airplane and your ears haven't popped yed, so everything sounds kinda distant.. And someone dumps a big bag of potatoes and all you hear is a 'dump' on the floor.. That's the sound I Hear every time a teammate dies :(

And it's not working anymore.. Worked wonders in 1.8.0.0.04.. And I miss it haha :P

Indeed... :(

Just as I find it very strange, WG keeps changing the file setup every update so nothing works after an update.. I remember when I used to do your job and update all these small mods myself.. It was a hassle!

Your work is appreciated very very much!