Freeze after battle during return to garage

Aslain:

I have notice an intermittent problem where the game will freeze after a battle is over, during the return to garage.  I've kept a log over the past month to document when it happens and what the conditions are.  It's happened with different tanks, on different maps, and usually after a victory (although one time after a loss).  I'm attaching your log file, along with my spreadsheet and a screen cap of what the screen looks like when the game freezes.
Although the screen background is the garage, the rest of the screen elements are still in battle.  So, for example, if I hit the Enter key, I can open the chat dialog.

This one in particular is really frustrating, because I fought an excellent battle: probably earned 1st class/#1 XP on team/#1 damage on team and I finished a personal mission.  But because of this freeze, I didn't get to the battle results screen to collect my x3 bonus.  When I restart the game, that won't be an option, and the battle results won't be available to me.

I hope you can figure this one out.  Thanks in advance for your help!

shot_341.jpg

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip Crash Log.xlsx

Edited by MG_Billy_Mitchell
Adding a thank you.

ive had this excact thing happen to me   its rare though ,  I can go days without any problems then one day itl happen  and sometimes happens twice in that day , 

ill also add I don't use any ping spam blockers,

if it happens again ill attach logs  of the time it happens

Edited by bubs79
  • Like 1
53 minuty temu, MG_Billy_Mitchell napisał:

OK, thanks, I'll give that a shot.

Two questions:

Do you know if there are any other ping spam blockers?

Did you happen to notice any other errors?

Try : Minimap Spam Protector from CHAMPi

https://wot.champi.de/

• Like 1
8 hours ago, bubs79 said:

ive had this excact thing happen to me   its rare though ,  I can go days without any problems then one day itl happen  and sometimes happens twice in that day , 

ill also add I don't use any ping spam blockers,

if it happens again ill attach logs  of the time it happens

That's interesting.  It's never happened to me more than once in a day.  I finally got mad enough to start logging the crashes a month ago.  Once it happened two days in a row, but then it didn't happen again until 10 days later.

@Aslain, it just happened again today -- so it's not the ping spam mod.  (But I like Champi's better, so that switch was good.)

Here's the log and screenshot.  It was just my second battle of the day.

One other thing I noticed:  I can toggle the chat open and closed with the Enter key, but I can't toggle the minimap on and off with "M".  Probably doesn't matter, but if you happen to know what the sequence of shutting down the battle window and returning to the garage is, maybe that could help.

I can't help but wonder if this is connected to something related to one of the mods for battle results, experience, or missions (because those all change at the end of every battle).  Anyway, curious if you can find anything else.

shot_342.jpg

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

On 3/22/2020 at 4:37 PM, Aslain said:

Well you have quite many errors but it's unclear to me why. It would help a bit if you told me at what time and minute it was happening.

What if you remove Hangman?

Yesterday's freeze occurred at 11:28, based on the time that the replay file was created.

I had another freeze again today.  It was only the ninth battle after I updated to #09, so hopefully this log is clearner.
Today's freeze occurred at 20:08.

In addition to the log archive, I'm also attaching both replays.

I could remove Hangman, but I have a hunch that's not it.  I wonder if it might have something to do with YasenKrasen session stats, because the session stats aren't updated properly (battle count and win count don't reflect the battle that freezes) after I use Task Manager to close WoT and restart the game.  In today's freeze, I left the previous battle (in the TVP VTU) early because I died fast; I didn't have any problem returning to the garage.  So I started the battle that froze in the Panther, and I didn't get either the Panther results OR the TVP results in my session stats when I restarted the game.

Do you see anything wrong with YasenKrasen?

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip 20200322_1119_ussr-R27_SU-14_35_steppes.wotreplay 20200323_2000_germany-G03_PzV_Panther_38_mannerheim_line.wotreplay

Edited by MG_Billy_Mitchell
Added additional information

This happens to me almost every time i survive until the end of the game, and have a victory. Less often with defeat. I find that I must "defect" and leave the game before the end to avoid the freeze. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mod pak, XVM,  WOT, and even Windows.. Then only way to stop the freezing and continue to use the mod pack is to completely turn off the XVM related buttons. I have tried every permutation of garage, hanger, and statistics settings without resolution. It freezes with the message "synchronizing with garage" while the Aslain Icon is spinning at the end of the games.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a topic for this behaviour here.   Removed ping spam blocker, removed YK, ... still got this issues after battles.  What is crazy - the better the game, the more chance this bug happens.  I had several Ace Marsters when I had to use Reply Manager in the new session to check the results of the battle. 

logs attached

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

Edited by celeb2k

It seems we have only few common mods as I don't have any XVM related mod.

I've found these in our logs:

1. Vehicle Contour Icons
                Contour Icons installation mode (option to mirror tank contour icons)
                   for XVM (check - if you're installing XVM)
  2. Hitmarker
  3. Tech-Tree
                   Tech-tree by Oldskool
  4. Crew Exp
                   Crew Exp by Spoter
  5. Unanonymizer on battle results by RaJCeL
  6. Battle Hits Viewer
  7. Replays Manager
  8. WoT Mods Cleaner (WMCleaner)

I'd guess 5,6 could be candidates for this mess, but it's just a guess, it seems logs are not enough verbose to find out.