Why has XVM Sixth Sense been removed?

I like to change the "duration" that my Spotted icon stay's displayed in the file Battle.xc to like 18 seconds, since Arty can still see you for at least that long.

So, it was easy to just go into that file to change it.

So, what's with the change?  I'm going to now having to hunt within the non-XVM mod to see if I can change the length still.

Or can I still use XVM's?

Edited by leeuniverse
Hi, you can change the value in the file: sixthSense in the folder: Games \ World_of_Tanks_EU \ mods \ configs, change the value: <stayTime> 10.0 to 18.0 if I understand your question correctly because the translator translated it for me
4 hours ago, Aslain said:

You can use xvm feature if you don't use that non-xvm mod.

Ya, I understand that, I'm just curious why it was removed?

Is the non-XVM mod somehow "better" or something in some way?

4 hours ago, CzR said:
Hi, you can change the value in the file: sixthSense in the folder: Games \ World_of_Tanks_EU \ mods \ configs, change the value: <stayTime> 10.0 to 18.0 if I understand your question correctly because the translator translated it for me

Ah, so it's duration time can be changed, that's good.

Just now, Quaksen said:

You can still use the option selectable in XVM section. I am.

Ah, it seemed liked it was removed one of the last downloads I used, can't remember which one.

• Administrator

I can always re-add 6th sense icons to the XVM branch, as separate option from the non-xvm one. 

The change was made because I wanted all the sixth sense options to be in one place in the Modpack and not scattered across the different sections. In addition, to enable people to install images of the sixth sense without XVM (there are those who don't use it and previously could not install sense mods without XVM).

33 minutes ago, Aslain said:

I can always re-add 6th sense icons to the XVM branch, as separate option from the non-xvm one. 

The change was made because I wanted all the sixth sense options to be in one place in the Modpack and not scattered across the different sections. In addition, to enable people to install images of the sixth sense without XVM (there are those who don't use it and previously could not install sense mods without XVM).

Okay...

Hey, since we are talking about it, what's the likelyhood of creating an "18 Second" Sixth Sense Timer Sound?  (or whatever the actual default time Arty can still see players, I've just been guessing it's somewhere around 18 seconds, I'm not actually 100% sure of the actual default amount of time, it could be 17 or 20 sec's, I don't know.)

Then also ask the mod developer to make a version in which the icon stay's for 18 sec's, and also the "timer" Icon has an 18 sec version?

Thanks

There's no cases where you remain spotted for 18 seconds after the spotter has moved out of range of you. The max is about 10 seconds, from the point he has moved out of range.

"Once spotted, a vehicle stays lit up for a minimum duration of 5 seconds which can extend up to 10 seconds after the spotter moves out of spotting range or gets destroyed. The exact duration seems to be random."

You can use the custom_mods folder that Aslain has, to have your edit auto-applied every install.

22 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

There's no cases where you remain spotted for 18 seconds after the spotter has moved out of range of you. The max is about 10 seconds, from the point he has moved out of range.

"Once spotted, a vehicle stays lit up for a minimum duration of 5 seconds which can extend up to 10 seconds after the spotter moves out of spotting range or gets destroyed. The exact duration seems to be random."

You can use the custom_mods folder that Aslain has, to have your edit auto-applied every install.

Not true...  Arty CAN see you for somewhere around 18 sec's, I know because I still get hit by arty up to around that amount of time, and have for YEARS now.

So, I have to do tank manuvers every single game for the last 42,000 games for that long to avoid getting hit by arty, and if I don't, then I'm hit by arty within those 18 or so sec's after being spotted.  Believe me, I would LOVE to not have to spend that amount of time to avoid arty shots, but EVERY SINGLE TIME I don't keep manuvering, I'm hit or attempted to be shot by arty.  But without fail, after around that amount of time, no arty shot comes at me.

I can duck behind a hill immediately and move 50 feet away etc., and keep moving, thus not being spotted at all anymore, and yet arty will STILL try to shoot me.  Maybe this simply hasn't been revealved by Wargaming officially, but it's 100% there.... 42,000 games this is tried and tested, I'm 110% certain of it.  Again, the MOMENT I stop or get lazy between the 10-18 or so sec's, I'm ALWAYS shot by arty.

BTW, I primarily play "support" tanks, Lights and Mediums, most non-armored, thus vision and spotting mechanics are my primary focus.  I don't even really play TD's and Heavy's anymore, though I do play a little TD's, and so this is EVERY single game without fail that I have to play this way, the moment I don't, I'm DERPED TO SHIT!

BTW, I further know this is true because I've for years now set the Sixthsense Icon to remain lit for 18 sec's, and so it further let's me know and be able to track arty shooting at me.  This, is occurring is without question, which is how I came up with the 18 sec's.  I would use the 10 sec Sound, and initially the 10 sec display of the icon, and then I could count how long Arty kept being able to shoot me, and I increased the time till it's around 18 sec's, as the likely safe time.

Custom mods folder?  Hmmm, never heard of it, will have to look into it.

Edited by leeuniverse

You seem to forget the time it takes is from when you are no longer kept spotted, then the timer starts going down.

When you are spotted - it takes 3 seconds - then Sixth Sense pops up (or 2 seconds, if you are using Directive to boost it), and then your Sixth Sense icon shows. Then you might not be out of his spotting right away... and thus, it'll obviously take longer before you're unspotted again.

Arty cannot magically see you longer than other tanks can. Just because arty predicts your movement and fires at you after you are unspotted, doesn't mean you are spotted. It's called blind fire. All tanks can and will do it.

You could have broken stuff when you were driving. You could have been predictable. You could have been spotted last closer than you thought. There's no "arty magic spotting duration"

Non-arty can get a perk that keeps you lit for 2 seconds longer (Designated Target).

Custom mods folder has been there for years. (\World of Tanks\Aslain_Modpack\Custom_mods\)