Game freezing when in the garage

I'm getting a variant of this with WoT 1.9.0.0 and Aslain v1.9.0.0 #03 .  Sometimes on returning to the garage after a battle the game just hangs.  I end up having to click 'Close Program' on the popup after clicking in the game.  Windows spinning circle 'busy' indicator is there, but sounds are playing, including the end of battle music and the garage bord song.

Obviously the first thing WG support would tell me to do is Safe Mode, so thought I'd report here in case any other Aslain users are alkso encountering this.

11 minutes ago, Athunt said:

I'm getting a variant of this with WoT 1.9.0.0 and Aslain v1.9.0.0 #03 .  Sometimes on returning to the garage after a battle the game just hangs.  I end up having to click 'Close Program' on the popup after clicking in the game.  Windows spinning circle 'busy' indicator is there, but sounds are playing, including the end of battle music and the garage bord song.

Obviously the first thing WG support would tell me to do is Safe Mode, so thought I'd report here in case any other Aslain users are alkso encountering this.

Exactly the same thing here. Plus, I can't close program with icon or Alt-F4. Found a way by moving WOT to 'New Desktop' and then closing in using Task Manager.

This might be happening on every victory and/or when I'm there until the end of the battle, rather than exiting out early.

I'm playing in "Windowed (borderless)" on a dual monitor setup, and the window does show Windows 10 borders when in this state.  This makes it easy to kill via the Windows "task is hung" popup.

Edited by Athunt
18 minutes ago, Athunt said:

This might be happening on every victory and/or when I'm there until the end of the battle, rather than exiting out early.

Yup, just did it again after a victory.  Er, guess I'll try for a string of losses and early exit now ?  Actually, as I'm on SPGs for dailys now, I'll restart in Safe Mode and see if a Victory still causes it.

Edited by Athunt

Ok, I'll record various combinations here.

Aslain Mods Active + I survived + Victory + Waited until battle over = Hang occurs.
Safe Mode + I died + Defeat + Waited until battle over = It didn't happen.  Normal exit, garage UI working.
Safe Mode + I survived + Victory + Waited until battle over = It didn't happen.  Normal exit, garage UI working.
Aslain Mods Active + I died+ Defeat+ Waited until battle over = It didn't happen.  Normal exit, garage UI working.

Picking up on this on 24th April, it's just done it again:

Aslain Mods Active + I survived + Victory + Waited until battle over = Hang occurs.

So that's with 1.9.0.1 WoT and #00 of Aslain's for that.

Edited by Athunt
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2020 at 12:06 PM, MightyBalls said:

Guys I think this is a XVM issue, if you have your game on a HDD and not a SSD then it can sometimes take ages to update garage, it just hangs for a while (really long while if you are on HDD).

This happens to me even though I have a M.2 sometimes if I have played 2 games before the game actually finishes and it tries to load battle results for 2 games at the same time.

Also this breaks the battle sessions.

This is exactly what happens to me. I also have the game in M.2

On 5/5/2020 at 9:09 PM, knasil said:

This is exactly what happens to me. I also have the game in M.2

Is there any way to prevent WoT from showing the victory/defeat signs after each battle. Those seem to be the issue and they can be called from the menu afterwards...

Horrible.

In all or almost all battles when he returns to the garage or freezes or directly closes the program himself. It's maddening,  I can't apply even one of the manageable daily x3s.

I'm about to uninstall all mods.

Sorry.

Edir: Another battle, another disconnect ... OMG

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

Edited by Redraven59
hace 2 horas, Aslain dijo:

I have no clue why you have those errors, so hard to give nay advice, maybe reduce mods ammount, or reinstall mods with admin rights.

Thank you. I have modified all the calls to programs and installers in order to run as administrator: Python, WorldOfTanks.exe and Aslains_WoT_Modpack_Installer_v.1.9.0.2_05.exe.

I will tell you the results. Hopefully they are positive.

Edit: And I re-install all mods again, of course.

Edited by Redraven59

Hi, i am coming back as i switched yk session stats with ragna.. and still got the bug. but when i wanted to install new version (latest) of aslain it gave me this message, maybe it is related to file causing problems. Please investigate which mod this file belongs to... , Thank You

image.png.06932d5d39ac323894597a816e0d8f3d.png

oh, cmon, i expected better then this :)))... I ended task of wot and clicked retry and everything went smooth, i am in game right now... that file was last in use when the famous freeze occured... thought it will help you , but i guess you thought i posted cause i dont know what to do to coreclty install the modpack.

GL mate !

My problems are basically gone except under the following circumstance; exiting the battle before it has ended...when it ends and I’m in the garage It will always result in being disconnected and I have to restart. Also, YK won’t show the battle nor the coming ones until a restart.

This is exactly the problem I have sometimes.  For me, it is intermittent and unpredictable.  Sometimes I might go a week or two with no problem, sometimes 2 or 3 days in a row.  Usually only once or twice a day when it happens.  No pattern that I can determine, and I've uploaded my logs to Aslain on several occasions with no luck identifying the problem.

3 hours ago, MrM3rcury said:

Hi,

Similar kind of problem which happens every now and then. Maybe once a day - sometimes twice. After battle when coming back to garage the game halts like in the screenshot. Minimap visible in the corner as well as the hitlogs and the playernames (both allies and the enemy).

shot_030.jpg

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip 296.61 kB · 1 download

@Aslain:

It just happened again in the last battle I played, 2:05 AM EDT.  I can confirm it's not related to Overwolf, because it was not running at the time.  The freeze also doesn't have anything to do with leaving the battle early, at least on my machine.  In several battles that have frozen, I died but am sure I stayed until the battle was over.  This is one of them.

shot_347.jpg

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

Hey guys, I think I solved the problem... at last!

Just do this:

1) type "firewall" in the windows search and open the windows firewall settings menu

2) select "Allow an app or feature through windows firewall"

3) scroll down to the list until you find "Wargaming.net game center" and click on both tick marcs for private and public networks (if you can't, just click on "change settings")

4) do the same for "Wargaming.net game center renderer"

5) do the same for "World of Tanks", "WorldOfTanks" and all similar instances.

6) close, load all the mods you want and... PLAY!

I managed to play for two consecutive days without a single crash or freeze.

cheers! ...and stay home!

sorry ppl, I had the freeze again today. This didn't solve the problem... It is funny, since I had a crash b4 starting to get freezes again.

Edited by knasil
too much optimism.

It hadn't happened to me for a while (several weeks at least), but I just installed v.1.9.0.3_04 and immediately got the freeze-on-return-to-garage-at-end-of-battle problem. Missing my 3500 XP bonus :(

The only other change that probably aren't relevant (but might be):

* first battle I've won today, all previous ones I died and exited the battle before the end

* first battle with Premium account in a month or so (got a free day from a mission)

shot_293.jpg

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip