View Range Display

I used to have the view range displayed on screen in orange font just above the equipment boxes.  I found it very useful.  It was in similar format as listed in the Hangar.

(Actual / With Binocs)

I guess it must have been from Locostan's minimap mod, which I was using in 0.9.1 - BEFORE - I knew anything about, or started using XVM.

Since I've been using Aslain's Mod-pack I have not installed anything else (except what is available through his installer).

Does anybody know where I can get this feature back, and if so, will I be able to use it along with mod-pack

I don't think that I've ever seen something like that.

Only numbers that are usually displayed, are the distance to your enemy (at which your crosshair is pointing) and maybe pen / armor values.

- At least in the location you described, between crosshair and equipement -

Since you normally have the viewrange circles on your minimap already. Not much of a point to have the actual values displayed seperately, outside of the hangar.

your penetration: 150

vs

enemy armor: 210

would be displayed like: 150 / 210

The mod you speak of might exist, I just haven't seen it yet.

I have confirmed that it is a feature of Locastan's minimap mod.  I did a new install on another system, and his was the only mod I installed.

Is there any chance that installing his mod could be incorporated into the installer since it has been updated for 0.9.2?

We already have the option to get his hi-res maps (which I don't use) so it would be real nice for me to be able to choose his minimap mod, and NOT have to use his maps.

I am not a programmer.  But perhaps it just be a whole lot easier to have an option to display the same data added to the XVM minimap?  That would probably be much better from a compatibility standpoint, and not a burden for every update.

Can beg if necessary...lol

Well, the stuff displayed on the minimap is pretty self-explaing + mentioned in the installer.

Not much stuff you need but

red square = max render distance (beyond you can't visually see anything, even if stuff is potted/your team is there)

yellow circle = 445m max spotting distance

dark blue = normal view-range

light blue = view-range with binocs

Hopefully this will clear up all of the confusion.  Look for the Orange text display just above the equipment boxes in the attached screenshot.  It only shows 1 value because I installed a test copy with new user and no money to buy binocs.  If I had binoculars it would show both values.

shot_001 (2).zip

That's not too bad.

Still haven't seen it before and can't quite imagine much use for for this, for myself anyway.

Circles still do the the trick for me and knowing the exact values doesn't really change much, since you don't know the camo/view-range values of the enemy either (apart from generic stuff without taking crew/equipement/consumables into account).

But yea, it could be nice.

If you can use it, I assume that you have a working copy of the mod itself?

Might just add it to your post or at least a link of it, so that Aslain can check out if it's possible/viable to include it as an option.

Aslain is correct. The Info Panel is currently in the mod pack under the "DLC" section, so you should be able to download it and enjoy the extra info.  ^_^

It is not dynamic though.

Okay....here is Locastan's updated mod for 0.9.2.  I just assumed Aslain had it already because the Maps from it are available thru his mod installer.  We really don't need to kick this dog anymore.  I just thought it might be easy to add the info to the XVM minimap mod or something.

It is kinda cool.

Awesome.....Everything is working and I have my view range display back in my game !!!

Many thanks to Almace who showed me how to install mods in proper sequence, then configure Aslain's XVM installer to automatically install the mod.  No more frustrations each time something changes.  Also, thanks to BeGiN and Aslain for conceiving and implementing the Custom mods feature.

• Upvote 2